Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family of Dakota James unveils a foundation in his memory

The parents of the late Dakota James used the occasion of his first birthday since he went missing and his body was found in the Ohio River to announce the formation of a foundation in his name to promote more camera surveillance in the city, better police procedures and improved support for the families of missing people.

“Perhaps if there had been a camera on the bridge we would know if he got on the bridge or made it across. We just don’t know,” Jeff James said. “The camera would have answered all of the questions.”

Dakota James Foundation website:
https://www.dakotajamesfoundation.com/

Dakota James impersonator pleads guilty in federal court

Nathaniel Earl Dunlap, 29, of Clover, S.C., pleaded guilty to one count of interstate stalking and acknowledged guilt for two other messages where he pretended to be a woman being held at gunpoint by the victim.

While authorities were searching for James in February, Dunlap sent an online order claiming to be the missing college student and saying that he had been kidnapped and was being held at the victim's house, prosecutors said.

For those of you following this thread here is a follow up story describing the findings of Cyril Wecht, an independent forensic pathologist.

Wecht: Autopsy photos suggest Dakota James may have been strangled
From the article:

“In addition she said that Allegheny County Medical Examiner Dr. Karl Williams ‘has met with the James family previously and, when contacted, has indicated his willingness to review and consider any other information or evidence that they may have which has a bearing on the death of Dakota James. That remains Dr. Williams’ position.’”

Given Dr. Wecht’s findings, my next step would be to present them to Dr. Williams.

I’m not sure what to think, honestly. If that is the case then I sincerely hope that Dakota’s family gets the answers that they’re looking for. Unfortunately I think it may just be a long exercise in frustration for them.

I just started watching the documentary (or what have you) with Dakota. I’m only 5 minutes in, so this definitely premature, but this subject has been on my mind for quite awhile. I’ve seen so many deaths of male (mostly) college students falling into water after a night out drinking over the years, but I’ve always chalked it up to a terrible accident, sadly. I only now am realizing that I’ve never questioned all of these devastating “accidental” deaths. How or why are so many young men susceptible to this? What is the common denominator between young men, alcohol and drowning? I may seem ignorant to some for stating the obvious thought of “He was peeing and just fell in”, but how do all of these men drown, or end up dead?
There may be some correlation between alcohol, males, and bodies of water-but why or how or what? I guess this is a jumbled mess of confusion, frustration, sadness, and too many unanswered questions.

I’m sorry for the novel post, I just needed to vent. I feel for Dakota’s family, and have since he first went missing. I guess this show is just shedding light on what I pushed to the back of my mind.

I just started watching the documentary (or what have you) with Dakota. I’m only 5 minutes in, so this definitely premature, but this subject has been on my mind for quite awhile. I’ve seen so many deaths of male (mostly) college students falling into water after a night out drinking over the years, but I’ve always chalked it up to a terrible accident, sadly. I only now am realizing that I’ve never questioned all of these devastating “accidental” deaths. How or why are so many young men susceptible to this? What is the common denominator between young men, alcohol and drowning? I may seem ignorant to some for stating the obvious thought of “He was peeing and just fell in”, but how do all of these men drown, or end up dead?
There may be some correlation between alcohol, males, and bodies of water-but why or how or what? I guess this is a jumbled mess of confusion, frustration, sadness, and too many unanswered questions.

I’m sorry for the novel post, I just needed to vent. I feel for Dakota’s family, and have since he first went missing. I guess this show is just shedding light on what I pushed to the back of my mind.

Thank you for posting this. I was unable to watch. If you have anything more to share it would be great. TIA

Are we allowed to discuss the autopsy/toxicology report as it was apparently partially shown on the oxygen show? The show tried to say he may have died at a later date or at a different location than what is theorized. But the toxicology report to me sounded to me like he died the night he went missing. Sometimes, terrible accidents happen.

The key issues about timing of death had to do with the relative lack of decomposition of the body, including the fact that the body was approximately normal color. Dr. Wecht says there are signs of ligature strangulation, including blood pooling in the fingers when would be used to try to prevent strangulation. I have no idea what the Allegheny Co medical examiner found, but if Dr. Wecht says there was a ligature used, take it to the bank. He would not miss that nor would he confuse it. And it's telling that the feds in the meeting with the DA had that same move to the neck. They've seen it before too.

Please disregard my above post. I tried to delete. Copied a link and got an add. Anyway I was trying to send the latest news tonight locally at KDKA news. FBI looking into 350 deceased right now. Last count was 105. Coroner suggested cremation so now family has no resources.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics
Back