Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think if nothing else there should at least be a more in depth investigation into these drownings of young men. They all seem to be young white males mostly, and successful in what they are trying to achieve, and most have died in the more wintery seasons by drowning in freezing temps. in waterways after being out and having some drinks.

CARIIS Don't know why this is the information you got back from your query - these are not downtown Pittsburgh addresses The closest ones are the East Ohio St ones - they are on the North Side, just a few minutes walk from Dakota's apartment.

Is his apt in a dangerous area?

What was the name of the complex?

Any one have a link to his You Tube
channel --LE said they reviewed ?

Is his FB page down? Cached version?

TIA

Man I wish that SFK nomenclature never happened. THen those clown sitings -IMO makes it all seem silly when it is not. IMO impedes authentic old day investigations

in this day and age, internet, (on this case there was even a prank )

In detailed timeline LE specfically states no data that he never made it to any bridge - so it seems it might be logical to step back and go with a vehicle.

That does not take me to abduction - that takes me to grindr

ONe would think (hope) that these guys would always text a friend the link of who they are meeting.

Neighbor gave me that impression too. That they do not tell a close friend (tongue in cheek - I am gonna meet this guy --link- if you don't hear from let LE know that.)

If I were in this environment (sex apps) I would even shoot the dude I was hooking up with (again in a funny way) I sent your page to my friend, in case your up to something--- little smile thing.

If someone got pissed - aint meetin them- pretty simple common sense stuff

Dont buy any of this of a psysic on this case was ademant that she sees no water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4mkU6PAzg&list=PL5pGCpTIcQmonkgMMt4l961A2Jqb85gTA

moo

This is interesting too even though it's an old article from 2006
(quote)
She and fellow student Jessica Clave wondered whether Welzien and Leadley's deaths fit a pattern. So they looked at more than twenty cases, all midwest college students last seen drinking at parties or bars, who all vanished and turned up drowned. Among them: Ryan Getz, Keith Noble, Eric Blair, Chris Jenkins, Michael Noll, Josh Guimond, Chad Sharon, Jared Dion, Scot Radel and Brian Shaffer.

The deaths, all clustered along Interstate 94 from Minnesota to Ohio.
http://marksuppelsa.typepad.com/closerlook/2006/05/missing_drowned.html

That just gave me chills and I am not the type to have that sort of reaction. I just am checking this thread now and reading that Gays don't pee in rivers etc. While a back alley or behind a lamp post is easier than trekking down to river... my personal opinion is that drunk people can still swim so Unless his family has come out and said that he couldn't swim, I'm not buying it. how many of us have had a few drinks at a pool party? maybe more than a few? Something is not right here

I think after Joey I am not sure that Dakota had been in the water from the night of disappearance.

BUT ,IMO that is a total crock, that right now this minute , a seasoned cornor can not give a pretty accurate estimate of how long a body had been submerged - thats autopsy 106!

A tox screen has zero to do with how a body decomps - they know now pretty exactly how long he was in the water.

Like in 6 weeks what is going to change that part of the autopsy -- nothing !!

I dont know body temp, skin slippage, state of attire, rigor mortis

I would bet a regular cop would have an idea

rescue divers sure would- on scene

It just does not take three months to ascertain that angle of the story

politics are the pits huh?

moo

Rigor mortis lasts only 72 hours. When it starts depends on temps but it wouldn't be happening 6 weeks later.

IMO the cause of death hasn't been released because they want to rule out if its accidental or not. I suspect he died from drowning which could be accidental, or a homicide. After being in the water 6 weeks if would be hard to see any bruising on his skin.... I say bruising because if he was intentionally drowned he would have probably been held under thus resulting in bruising. While it's not impossible, it would be more difficult to ifentify. They are probably waiting for the tox report so they can find out how intoxicated he was and that will determine if they think it's suspicious or not. This is all just my opinion based on my knowledge of pathology. I am studying to become a forensic pathologist.

I think after Joey I am not sure that Dakota had been in the water from the night of disappearance.

BUT ,IMO that is a total crock, that right now this minute , a seasoned cornor can not give a pretty accurate estimate of how long a body had been submerged - thats autopsy 106!

A tox screen has zero to do with how a body decomps - they know now pretty exactly how long he was in the water.

Like in 6 weeks what is going to change that part of the autopsy -- nothing !!

I dont know body temp, skin slippage, state of attire, rigor mortis

I would bet a regular cop would have an idea

rescue divers sure would- on scene

It just does not take three months to ascertain that angle of the story

politics are the pits huh?

moo

http://www.wtae.com/article/more-tests-needed-to-find-cause-of-death-of-dakota-james/9105786

bbm

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Could the condition of the body have precluded the ME from declaring a definitive COD? We do not yet know if this is a WIL or NWIL situation but it is interesting that "toxicology" seems to be a pivotal factor for the ME in determining both COD and MOD. Also interesting is no report of an estimation as to how long the body may have been in water.

Which ever the case, it is good to see the ME is being careful, perhaps extra meticulous since it could be considered a "high profile" case. They are determined to 'get it right' for the family.

Confition of the body absolutely could effect then me's COD. TOx reports will give A better understanding and help the ME lean one way or another.

The pizza he supposedly ate at the bar could be monumental in telling us when he died.
Was it still in his stomach at autopsy?
If so, they can determine how long ago he ate it before his death.
If it's still in his stomach then he died shortly after Katz Plaza.
If it's completely digested then we have a different story.
The ME will be able to assess how long the body was in water and compare it all to hopefully give a timeline.
That pizza could really tell a lot imho

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I believe they are referring to the double XX with the smile under it...

Yeah, there was a lot of graffiti on the wall of the riverwalk bewteen the bridges. The bridges are lit up in pretty colors at night, and it is kind of secluded so I could see it being a "romantic" spot for a meet up at night, if that was the intention. It appears a lot of people go down there at night judging by the amount of graffiti.
I noticed the "smiley face" (next to Mickey), which is right up from where the police searched and the cadaver dogs hit. Someone also wrote roman number "IV" next to the smiley face. I have no idea how long that was there since it was my first time walking in that area. Just seemed kind of ominous or someone with a sick sense of humor and aware of the SFK. Just pointing it out. Don't know if I believe in the SFK or not.

are you around there a lot? i also don't think its as bad as you're saying it is. i think people are forgetting that Pittsburgh is a city -- of course there are crimes, drugs, prostitutes....I think these things are far more common than most people want to believe...but there are hookers and drugs everywhere. I lived in Newark DE for awhile (which is basically a college town - pretty small townish though) and there were hookers out in the middle of town in broad daylight.

people should always be careful while they are out alone at night. no matter where they are. but, that being said, there are a lot of bars and people and businesses down there and its really not as shady as you think.

Just to add my two cents. I moved here from Philly, which is a much larger city, and the problem with Pittsburgh is the downtown becomes quiet after work hours because everyone packs up and heads home. Not as many people live in the city like Philly. I don't feel Liberty is unsafe, but I would be wary after certain hours when most people head home.

The pizza he supposedly ate at the bar could be monumental in telling us when he died.
Was it still in his stomach at autopsy?
If so, they can determine how long ago he ate it before his death.
If it's still in his stomach then he died shortly after Katz Plaza.
If it's completely digested then we have a different story.
The ME will be able to assess how long the body was in water and compare it all to hopefully give a timeline.
That pizza could really tell a lot imho

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

You mean in terms of time of death ?

Confition of the body absolutely could effect then me's COD. TOx reports will give A better understanding and help the ME lean one way or another.

What I am saying they could release, right now , how long he had been submerged. That is huge, imo.

They are refusing. Autopsy is what determines time in a body of water, not a tox screen.

Rigor mortis lasts only 72 hours. When it starts depends on temps but it wouldn't be happening 6 weeks later.

IMO the cause of death hasn't been released because they want to rule out if its accidental or not. I suspect he died from drowning which could be accidental, or a homicide. After being in the water 6 weeks if would be hard to see any bruising on his skin.... I say bruising because if he was intentionally drowned he would have probably been held under thus resulting in bruising. While it's not impossible, it would be more difficult to ifentify. They are probably waiting for the tox report so they can find out how intoxicated he was and that will determine if they think it's suspicious or not. This is all just my opinion based on my knowledge of pathology. I am studying to become a forensic pathologist.

I am glad your here. Can you come up with how you would NOT label a case homicide, if the body was placed in the river after death (Joey)?

Blows my brain!

I agree brandons case is not similar at all. That's just the closest case that I could think of off the top of my head with what cariis was describing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I thought maybe CARIIS was thinking of the Brandon Swanson case ("'I talked to him for 47 minutes, and all of a sudden he said, 'Oh, s—!' and the phone went dead,' Brian Swanson said."http://www.twincities.com/2015/10/13/brandon-swanson-search-resumes-in-western-minnesota/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/swanson_brandon.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?64913-MN-Brandon-Swanson-19-Marshall-14-May-2008

Personally, I don't see many similarities between Brandon's and Dakota's cases, but this definitely is a baffling case. My best guess is that unfortunately, Brandon perished due to exposure and has not been found ... :(.

That just gave me chills and I am not the type to have that sort of reaction. I just am checking this thread now and reading that Gays don't pee in rivers etc. While a back alley or behind a lamp post is easier than trekking down to river... my personal opinion is that drunk people can still swim so Unless his family has come out and said that he couldn't swim, I'm not buying it. how many of us have had a few drinks at a pool party? maybe more than a few? Something is not right here

So agree. I dont think it is like gays wont go to a river to pee. It gender !

Common sense anatomy wise

The 18 wheeler I think has much credibility in some of these

also adds a "place" to keep a corpse for a bit before disposal.

Know what else hit me? In a lot of these cases people go around in daylight asking people if they have this picture. In daytime.

I would think in cases like this it might be more helpful to engage in that activity at night , at midnight. Different population than 9-5 setting. It also IMO, has more credibility.

In a setting where two gay bars are bookcased in, and guys who have been drinking are moving from one bar to another, there would be much attn (cruising) paid to they who were passing.

Especially if we are talking about , according to them, was really bombed. I did not find him particularly attractive - irrelevant, dudes going from one bar to another are cruising on the way over - noticing men then pass moo

Yeah, there was a lot of graffiti on the wall of the riverwalk bewteen the bridges. The bridges are lit up in pretty colors at night, and it is kind of secluded so I could see it being a "romantic" spot for a meet up at night, if that was the intention. It appears a lot of people go down there at night judging by the amount of graffiti.
I noticed the "smiley face" (next to Mickey), which is right up from where the police searched and the cadaver dogs hit. Someone also wrote roman number "IV" next to the smiley face. I have no idea how long that was there since it was my first time walking in that area. Just seemed kind of ominous or someone with a sick sense of humor and aware of the SFK. Just pointing it out. Don't know if I believe in the SFK or not.

i thought the dog hit and police search was on the downtown side of the river near the Clemente Bridge. That wall of graffiti looks to be on the North Shore - across the river from downtown.

I thought maybe CARIIS was thinking of the Brandon Swanson case ("'I talked to him for 47 minutes, and all of a sudden he said, 'Oh, s—!' and the phone went dead,' Brian Swanson said."http://www.twincities.com/2015/10/13/brandon-swanson-search-resumes-in-western-minnesota/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/swanson_brandon.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?64913-MN-Brandon-Swanson-19-Marshall-14-May-2008

Personally, I don't see many similarities between Brandon's and Dakota's cases, but this definitely is a baffling case. My best guess is that unfortunately, Brandon perished due to exposure and has not been found ... :(.

Obviously I did write that post correctly.

My post regarding this had nothing to do with his specific case. When I saw his picture that is when my mind started. I was going solely on the similarities , in terms of looks body image, lifestyle (college, had friends, partying, educated age etc)

It the second gentlemen was 29 and chubby.............................

In those domains both of these cases, in terms of what the perp is looking for in terms of targeting

I also found it chilling that they occurred so close , in terms of timeframe to one another.

Killers often strike in clusters.

My angst in these is connected to (NOT if they were gay) --that the perp might "view" them as "being" gay -regardless if they are or not.

My whole life I have never understood why hetero males did not catch it just from interacting with me. WIth females it was different -the opposite.

I worked with juveniles for a peroid. I thought it might be an issue in terms of rapport . I never once had an angry male juvenile engage in some what are you a fa****?

Homophobes have a much more classic sterotype of who might be gay or not.

My general notion in some of these is that there is a homophobic, 18 wheeler, using apps like Grindr to catch there prey. If we have a nice looking trucker ..............................then we have more issues!

That explains:

So many "events" are off a main interstate
Provides a place to keep them ( in the cab)
Affords ability to get out of dodge easily
Truckers sleep patterns can be messed resulting in late night stuff not being a problem
Killers who strike with frequency have been found to be truckers for above mentioned reasons.
Am I saying all of these - no
but the attracted to for "killing" -- looking gay - and physical appearance is sure a huge commonality in many of these

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori
Back