PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After he killed his girlfriend, he tried to flee back to Brazil. LE apprehended him in Virginia.

I'd be looking at any contacts he has in Virginia. I'd also be vigilant at the US/Mexican Border. Because of his US arrest, LE has his fingerprints and hopefully DNA.

Hoping he is caught tonight.....

JMO
I was thinking cargo ports to try and sign on as crew to get back to Brazil. JMO

Here's the superstar, Loki! I love Loki.

PA State Police K9 Loki, who suffered a heat-related illness during the search for escapee Danelo Cavalcante, was discharged from veterinary care today. Thank you to the veterinary staff for their care and the public for the well wishes on his recovery!

Article concerning Loki for those who are unable to access X.

CHESTER COUNTY, Pa. (CBS) -- Loki, the Pennsylvania State Police K-9 who has been assisting in the search for escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante, is recovering after suffering a heat-related illness during the search.

Curious if anyone knows if he showed remorse at his trial? Did he threaten revenge? Wondering if he is fearful at all. There seems to be a feeling that he is some how super human in comments online. I think he is a person. I wonder if a man of small sature would be driven by fear turned anger more than over confidence when facing life in prison or whatever his life situation was growing up in Brazil. It seems he was already hurt and hardened. Fear and also anger can be a powerful driver for actions and reactions.

reports are that he cried and showed remorse

I know I was thinking about his arms - they have to be infected?
I've been thinking this too. IMO It is suspected that he covered his arms with padding to get past the wire, but even thick padding could only do so much. His arms have looked fine in the pictures released both from prison and from ring cameras, but those really just show the front of his arms, I think it is possible the back of his arms are scratched up and pose a risk of infection. JMO as I have been thinking this as well.
Here's the superstar, Loki! I love Loki.

PA State Police K9 Loki, who suffered a heat-related illness during the search for escapee Danelo Cavalcante, was discharged from veterinary care today. Thank you to the veterinary staff for their care and the public for the well wishes on his recovery!

Sweet Loki! What a good dog! I'm glad he has recovered. ❤️
Very good point.

JMO
Yeah I didn't even think of that and IMO not at all outside the realm of possibility for him to attempt to do that. Since he allegedly crossed basically the ENTIRE AMAZON RIVER to get to Puerto Rico, I would think sneaking into a cargo port, or even pretending to be crew as suggested, would be a piece of cake for him.

Anyone know any accessible areas on the East Coast that may have cargo ports bringing workers to/from Brazil?

He is a VERY dangerous man and poses a threat wherever he is whether that is Pennsylvania, Brazil, or wherever else. He needs to be in PRISON.

Last edited:
Just a thought after further reflection... I actually don't think he will go back to Brazil. IMO He is likely to avoid it at this point since he is heavily suspected of having committed a murder there and it sounds as if many folks there who know of him do not have a positive view on him (understandable as he is a convicted murderer). At this point I would consider Mexico, Cuba, or Canada if he does escape the US (which given how this is unfolding would not surprise me that much, and I am not usually one who thinks of international escapes as a likelihood in cases like this). Does anyone know if he speaks Spanish and if so, what his fluency is? I feel like this is information to consider. I am assuming Brazilian Portuguese is his first language.

I've been thinking this too. IMO It was said that he covered his arms with padding to get past the wire, but even thick padding could only do so much. His arms have looked fine in the pictures released both from prison and from ring cameras, but those really just show the front of his arms, I think it is possible the back of his arms are scratched up and pose a risk of infection. JMO as I have been thinking this as well.
Bolding and Underlining by me.

Where did he get the padding to cover his arms? This would suggest to me he had help on the inside.
I too wondered how he got past the razor wire.

Can you point towards a source?

JMO

Danelo Cavalcante, 34, stabbed his ex-girlfriend Deborah Brandao to death in front of her two young children in April 2021.

The district attorney said Ms Brandao's family has not left home since he escaped from prison on 31 August.

The Brazilian national was sentenced last month to life without parole.

He stabbed Ms Brandao 38 times in front of her seven-year-old daughter and three-year-old son.

Published 2 days ago

bbm

Police said that Danelo Cavalcante's sister has been arrested by Immigration and Customers Enforcement (ICE) and could possibly face deportation. A spokesperson said that it was not related to her brother's prison escape.

SEPTEMBER 10, 2023 / 8:34 PM / CBS PHILADELPHIA

Bolding and Underlining by me.

Where did he get the padding to cover his arms? This would suggest to me he had help on the inside.
I too wondered how he got past the razor wire.

Can you point towards a source?

JMO
Edited my post as I realized I couldn't find a source and have only seen it as speculation.
I saw speculation upthread that it may have been towels placed in the yard while the prisoners were playing basketball that he wrapped around his arms.

One of the questions that Det Bivens didnt respond to in the conference was from a reporter who asked whether Cavalcante has any children.

Well, we know that he wasnt the father of the children of the girlfriend he murdered and had not been in the States for very long, but he was 34 and could be father of children in Brazil. Equally we don't know where his mother, who made recordings for LE, is.

Given his alleged gangland connections this question spooks me, surely would not have been gratuitous.

This guy, so crazed that he needed 6 gunshots and 37 stabbings will not stop at anything. If he can´t take a hostage in the US he could arrange for a situation in Brazil?

We have no idea.

Edited my post as I realized I couldn't find a source and have only seen it as speculation.
I saw speculation upthread that it may have been towels placed in the yard while the prisoners were playing basketball that he wrapped around his arms.

some people thought that the white material bunching up past the back of his pants could've been a small towel he tucked there and that maybe they are allowed small towels while playing basketball ...

I personally thought it was just his boxer shorts bunched up but the question does remain, how did he protect his hands and arms from the razor wire

. Does anyone know if he speaks Spanish and if so, what his fluency is? I feel like this is information to consider. I am assuming Brazilian Portuguese is his first language.

Hi!,
It has been reported that he speaks Portuguese and Spanish, very little English.

Surprised me that he speaks Spanish and I would bet that if he does its not very fluent. Portuguese speakers have a harder time with Spanish than the other way round IME. Mostly they can understand each other with gestures. As Tocantins province has an Amazonian frontier its possible that he had contact with nationals from other countries, especially if he were involved in illicit activities. But that would be pure speculation on my part.

My husband puts on an amusing Portiñol in Brazil, I suspect they dont understand a word he says, but the effort is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member