GUILTY PA - Deanna Null, 36, found dismembered, Monroe County, 18 Jan 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are talking about a lot of work to dispose of a heavyset woman in this manner. If they are going to take the time and effort to do this, they were interested in getting rid of evidence as quickly as possible, imo. I don't think they kept her around then decided to finally toss her on the side of the road.

I'm just saying it's possible that she wasn't disposed of right away. It can't be ruled out just yet.

I have tried looking at all the persons missing from PA matching her description and have come up basically empty handed. Of course, I was only looking at RECENT cases.

Plastic garbage bags wouldn't hold up long in this weather. Wild life or birds would've picked at it also. Probably someone not reported missing as of yet.

Maybe she was frozen and later cut up and put in the bags and then disposed of (That sounds awful).

Maybe they were industrial strength garbage bags and they could withstand the weather more than just a regular garbage bag.

I'm not saying she was put where she was found months ago, only that it's possible she was killed a few weeks to perhaps a month ago and then she was disposed of in the manner she was.

I just think it's important that unless a timeframe is released regarding when this lady died that we shouldn't be saying she died the day she was found in bags by the road. Family members who are missing a loved one who went missing say a month ago shouldn't rule that person out as being the UID because they had been missing longer.

I believe there were 2 people involved in this because of the location the body parts were found. I think one person was driving and someone else was throwing the bags out the window. They could have been spread out because they had to make sure there wasn't other cars-people near by when disposing of the bags. I-80 is a busy interstate They probably had a hard time getting the bags out the window or they could of had them in the back of a pick up truck too. I think who ever did this had some reason to dispose of her the way they did. They had to know she would be found. They could have left her body parts on a street corner. Her blood has to be where ever they cut-sawed her up at. I do think this case is solvable and the perpetrators will be caught. Her DNA is in a lot of places. The vehicle, where ever she was cut up at, and on what ever they used to cut her up with. She may be from another state also.

Might the vehicle be likely to be a "Big Rig" being that it stuck to the interstates?

I would definitely think of something larger than a car!

Might the vehicle be likely to be a "Big Rig" being that it stuck to the interstates?

I would definitely think of something larger than a car!

I would agree about the big rig however it would have been very hard to get a bag out of the window with the big mirrors they have on the doors. A pick up would have been the easiest because somebody could be in the back throwing a bag when ever it was possible for them. I think who ever did this had a reason for doing it the way they did. Putting the bags in a dumpster would have been a lot easier.

Yes, I agree there is probably more than one person tossing these out on the highways. A pickup or an SUV is what I was thinking...but then...we don't know how much was in each bag.

The bags they use along the highway here for "clean up" are bright orange. I take it these are standard black garbage bags.

I lived in Scotrun for 7 years. I80 has virtually no traffic in the middle of the night. There is plenty of time for someone to pull over and dump a bag. There is also plenty of room to pull your car over on that stretch of road.

To the person that asked if two people would be needed, they would not. You could pull off the highway into the gravel, get out of the car and throw a bag onto the side of the road with out one car passing you.

Hearing about this kind of thing up in the Pocono's is very sad. I just hope this is not some kind of wacko that will do this again. There are plenty of fights between couples that end in the death of one up there. I would hear about it a lot more as time went on.

When we first moved there, it was to get away from the noise and danger. As time went on crime and murders became more a part of everyday reports in the news.

As for the trash bags strewn on the side of the road....well it is pretty common to see that along I80. That along with mattresses, tires, etc although the trash never sat for long, so they must've found her not long after she was dumped. And remember, there is a influx every weekend of NY and NJ people for shopping, skiing, etc.

I think the State Police in Swiftwater are wonderful. We used to share a backyard with their headquarters in Swiftwater and they were always patrolling Rt 611 which runs parallel with I80. Unfortunately, the amount of woods and wildlife may make this job of finding the rest the woman a little more difficult.

Unless this guy wanted to get caught, I highly doubt he was from the surrounding area. If he was, he would know there are a lot of better places to "get rid" of a body than Rt 80. Places it would never be found.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.

The bags used to dispose of Poconos Doe were described as "distinctive" black bags with a blue drawstring.

Welcome to WS, Gypsiechavi!! Thanks for the input on the area and the information. It does help to have someone who knows the area intimately to help out on what goes on there. :) Your thought it is someone outside of the immediate area is a good lead!

Sound like regular garbage bags to me. I haven't checked lately to see which ones have the blue drawstring, but I am willing to guess it will be Hefty or another like brand.

I doubt that something like a regular old garbage bag would be described as "distinctive". Unless they are distinctive because of the bright blue drawstring. Something about the bags that the body parts were found in stood out and made them note worthy.

They are also saying that the garbage bags that the body parts were found in may play a crucial role in cracking the case.

Thanks, Indigo!

Now we have something to go on as far as missing person cases. However, if they have enough to put together a sketch...I would have to assume there wasn't much decomp and she would have been killed very recently. She might not have been reported as missing or not on any sites.

my pleasure SS :blowkiss:

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't see it mentioned before so I thought I'd post the link to a map where they found this woman's parts. There is also a list of all of the stories related to this crime via The Pocono Record (local paper).

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=NEWS0947

I am surprised they have yet to release a sketch. The police were saying they would release something by Sunday in another article. Makes me wonder if they already know who she is.

Anyway, hope this link helps. It is also helpful to note that there is a major truck stop at the end of Rt 33 and Rt 80. If you click on the link from that page about litter bugs, you will see just how much traffic goes through that area daily.

Autopsy fills in a few blanks on body parts found on highway

The woman, who has not been identified, suffered multiple violent injuries, any of which caused her death, according to state police.

While at least eight bags of body parts were found along the two interstates in Monroe and Lackawanna counties, quite a bit of her body is still missing. However, a vague description of the victim is forming.

Skrzypek said it was hard to tell how old the victim was. She was white with dark hair with some gray mixed in. She was about 5-foot-7 and heavyset.

Police say more details about the woman, including a likeness of her face, will be available at a later date.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080131/NEWS/801310316

Thanks, Gracelin! So she had not been reported missing by anyone, but had not been seen since mid-January by her family. This means tracking down her killer is going to be difficult unless someone comes forward with information. If she was leading a "transient lifestyle", he could be anywhere or anyone basically.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back