GUILTY PA - Devan Knapp, 19, Brookville, 11 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the rumor is true and she was in her car, why would she do that? The picture of her with her new car shows a girl who appears to very happy. It really makes me wonder. I hope we know more soon! Her poor family!

If not a car accident, I would be kind of surprised if this is a totally random crime.

If the rumor is true and she was in her car, why would she do that? The picture of her with her new car shows a girl who appears to very happy. It really makes me wonder. I hope we know more soon! Her poor family!

People with opioid addiction can have some pretty wild swings emotionally and mentally.

I thought that too.....until I saw "in a hotel" :banghead:

I have been watching this thread as the story unfolds, and after the recent developments I would just like to interject a little bit because I am from the area and knew her.

Just so no one comes to any false conclusions, I believe Devan worked for an assisted care agency that took care of patients in their residence. Many, many people from that area live in hotels because it is much cheaper than renting an apartment (in that area, at least), and you do not need to furnish it yourself. I personally have a couple friends from the area who chose to live in hotels, and I would not be surprised if the man in her care was one of those individuals.

I just felt the need to get that out there, because I know that living in a hotel may seem silly to some people and be misleading.

Thank you brookville for joining and shareing with us under such awful circumstances.

I have been watching this thread as the story unfolds, and after the recent developments I would just like to interject a little bit because I am from the area and knew her.

Just so no one comes to any false conclusions, I believe Devan worked for an assisted care agency that took care of patients in their residence. Many, many people from that area live in hotels because it is much cheaper than renting an apartment (in that area, at least), and you do not need to furnish it yourself. I personally have a couple friends from the area who chose to live in hotels, and I would not be surprised if the man in her care was one of those individuals.

I just felt the need to get that out there, because I know that living in a hotel may seem silly to some people and be misleading.

Thank you for posting this..

brookville, welcome to Websleuths. So sorry you were brought here for this reason but we are glad to have you here. Thanks for for the clarification about Devan's work.

WOW ! Thank you for posting. It does seem far fetched so I'm glad you put this out there. Seems a lot of elderly people are on fixed income and if they need care then mobility is an issue, so staying in a hotel just did not make sense to me. But my experience is different than others. Truly thanks for clearing it up !

Thank you for your information and appreciate you joining us.

((((hugs))))

"WRC Senior Services" comes to mind. I meant to post this reference earlier .. but, at work at the moment.

Thank you Brookville. I'm sorry that it's ended up this way for Devan; was really hoping to come in today and find she was safe and sound.

Also just now realized that BROOKVILLE is referring to a long stay or 'extended' stay hotels... like with weekly rates . So it does make more sense now. This man likely LIVED in the hotel, not so much as STAYED at the hotel. Those type of hotels are becoming more popular as the economy withers away and less people can afford standard housing. All bills paid is a nice thing too, less complicated. Many years ago the extended stay hotels were total DUMPS but last decade they build nicer and newer ones in nicer parts of town. It never did cross my mind that seniors would stay there though. My h ead is now connecting the dots a little bit too late.
Do we know if the weather was rough and might have played a part in a car accident?

I almost hope it was a car accident. I really don't want it to be that she harmed herself... :please:

I don't know why it would be a suicide as she just bought a brand new car and was excited about showing it off. I had really changed my mindset in thinking she took off because of the drug/jail/rehab ordeal. I wasn't expecting this news and am a bit shocked....and saddened. WTH happened? :(

Also just now realized that BROOKVILLE is referring to a long stay or 'extended' stay hotels... like with weekly rates . So it does make more sense now. This man likely LIVED in the hotel, not so much as STAYED at the hotel. Those type of hotels are becoming more popular as the economy withers away and less people can afford standard housing. All bills paid is a nice thing too, less complicated. Many years ago the extended stay hotels were total DUMPS but last decade they build nicer and newer ones in nicer parts of town. It never did cross my mind that seniors would stay there though. My h ead is now connecting the dots a little bit too late.
Do we know if the weather was rough and might have played a part in a car accident?

Friday evening was raining and foggy in Fisher.

Given DK was driving a new vehicle (200hp, 6-speed light-body sports car) in questionable weather and road conditions, an accident scenario is not out of the question.

Welcome to WebSleuths brookville. I'm sorry it is under the circumstances.

:greetings:

http://goo.gl/maps/uJyrT

http://goo.gl/maps/uJyrT

It isn't surprising it took longer than one day and, in fact it might be surprising it took only slightly more than one day to locate DK and her vehicle, given the area, distances, crooked roads and varying hills.

If an auto accident, that wouldn't make it any easier ti accept, except that perhaps she did not suffer from a predator.

DK's mom stated on her FB page how happy she was when she saw her "two only daughters" hugging at Christmas.

What a heartbreak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back