PA PA - Edna Thorne, 15, Philadelphia, 24 June 1975

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still want to know if Edna may have been pregnant when she vanished and if her sister's husband was behind this. And if he is still alive and married to Edna's sis.

Bumping this case up. In six months it will be 40 years since Edna went missing.

And again, where does the sister's hubby fit into all of this? Is he still alive?

It's been over a year since anyone posted on this thread, so I am bumping for Edna. Debo, if you're still out there, I'm curious why you never responded to the claims anonymous was making years ago about the brother in law. If it's true, and you were also a victim, I'm sorry, I know how painful family secrets can be but it's the silence that keeps perpetuating the crime. There's no shame. Blessings and hope Edna is found.

42 years have passed and Edna is still missing.

Charley project has updated Edna's profile few month ago

Edna Christine Thorne

EThorne.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

* Missing Since*: June 24, 1975 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Classification*: Non-Family Abduction
* Date Of Birth*: February 25, 1960
* Age*: 15 years old
* Height and Weight*: 5'1, 105 pounds
* Distinguishing Characteristics*: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Edna smokes cigarettes.
* Clothing/Jewelry Description*: A striped shirt and bell-bottom jeans.

Details of Disappearance

Edna was last seen in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on June 24,1975. She had recently graduated from Stetson Junior High School, and her brother-in-law gave her a pony as a gift. The day of her disappearance, Edna left her family's home on Front Street to go visit her new horse at its stable on a relative's home at Tioga Street. Edna invited her thirteen-year-old sister to join her, but her sister stayed behind. Edna was last seen leaving the Tioga Street stable. She has never been heard from again.

Although Edna had been in foster care as a child and she had recently argued with her sister, there is no indication she'd been planning to run from home and she didn't take any money with her, only a pack of cigarettes. She wasn't dating anyone at the time of her disappearance. After she went missing, her older sister got disturbing phone calls from a man who claimed he knew what Edna was wearing when she disappeared and claimed he'd buried her in Pennypack Park. Investigators believe she was abducted by a non-family member and may have been killed, but little information is available in her case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thorne_edna.html

I would love to see more pictures, especially where she has brown hair and without her nice smile.

According to the Facebook page Edna's mom passed away this year. Let's hope, as her sister says, that she now is going to know what happened to her young daughter. Condolences to the family.

According to the Facebook page Edna's mom passed away this year. Let's hope, as her sister says, that she now is going to know what happened to her young daughter. Condolences to the family.
This case is so sad!!!! I want it to be solved. I went to Pennsylvania a few weeks ago and remembered this case:(

Not sure about serial killers, but there were a lot of young women who went missing in that area about that time. Wendy Eaton disappeared not too far from where Edna went missing the month before. Some were speculated to be related to biker gang activity.

Not sure about serial killers, but there were a lot of young women who went missing in that area about that time. Wendy Eaton disappeared not too far from where Edna went missing the month before. Some were speculated to be related to biker gang activity.
Good point

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back