Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like what you're saying......excluding her husband's alleged own sighting of her, when was the last time anyone's else saw her.
RSBM

I noticed that Beth’s NamUs entry includes the possibilities that she went missing the evening of 10/9 or the morning of 10/10. My guess is that there’s been no corroboration that she was home on the morning of 10/10, e.g. phone use, sightings by anyone other than her husband, etc.

RSBM

I noticed that Beth’s NamUs entry includes the possibilities that she went missing the evening of 10/9 or the morning of 10/10. My guess is that there’s been no corroboration that she was home on the morning of 10/10, e.g. phone use, sightings by anyone other than her husband, etc.

When the report said, "early morning hours," I speculated that might be any time after midnight, which would officially make it Monday the 10th, even though some might say, "Sunday night."

It would be great to see an interview with Beth's daughter (or husband), much like are seeing with Rachel Castillo's case. Rachel's father, mother, and sister, have all spoken publicly to the media. It brings the public to feel a personal association to the missing person.
In Beth's case, her mother-in-law has spoken to the media and, from her brief comments, we did learn a bit more about Beth.

When the report said, "early morning hours," I speculated that might be any time after midnight, which would officially make it Monday the 10th, even though some might say, "Sunday night."

It would be great to see an interview with Beth's daughter (or husband), much like are seeing with Rachel Castillo's case. Rachel's father, mother, and sister, have all spoken publicly to the media. It brings the public to feel a personal association to the missing person.
In Beth's case, her mother-in-law has spoken to the media and, from her brief comments, we did learn a bit more about Beth.
Yes. Why is it so quiet? No one is making a public appeal to Beth, or to the public on behalf of Beth?

Where are you, Beth?

So I just drove through Sellersville this afternoon, keeping my eyes peeled for “Missing” fliers/posters. I noticed there were at least one or two black-and-white 8.5x11 fliers stapled or secured to most of the telephone and utility poles and streetlights/street signs on the main street, and I observed a bunch around the entrance to Lenape Park, but I did not see anything else (which is a shame—folks who have missing pets in this area frequently post large, full color “Missing” posters for miles around, and these were much less eye-catching and—I believe—more limited in area of distribution, based on my not seeing any of them in the neighboring/nearby towns of Silverdale, Perkasie, Quakertown, Telford, or Souderton).

I do not mean this observation to come off as critical of those who are doing their best to find Beth, but I do wish they had more resources available to them to help spread the word farther. IMO, I feel like the case has completely dropped off most people’s radar, and it’s almost like the DA’s press conference never happened.

It’s definitely frustrating that we haven’t heard more from authorities on Beth’s case. It’s hard to imagine a homebody like Beth took $13,000 (which is a claim I’m not sure can be verified), shoved it in her wallet, took a few personal belongings (the details of which we do not know), and walked away from her life.
She took no car and no phone.
She lost all contact with her daughter, with whom she shared frequent contact.

The most logical conclusion to me is that Beth met with foul play.
But after closely following the Debbie Collier case, I’m stumbling a bit in using logic.

we know so little about this person

did she go to a certain grocery store- say every Wed? Did she have friends or ex-work collegues? Did she post on WS? (I'm kidding but people post or belong to groups even if it is just about COVID or meno or needlework or recipes- something). Supposedly she was usually with "family"- but who? And did she ever travel anywhere? No dr? church? nothing? If she never left the house then I am not sure how she got to any of the bodies of water being searched, IMO, and if the implication is that she was discarded by a murderer, why lakes?
She has a Facebook page. Her daughter is an adult. There are a number of Lakes and streams in the area, so authorities would search there. I hope they find something soon.

Hi All— this is my first post. I am a long time lurker of this website but I wanted to add some information to this case.

I grew up in Sellersville and know people who knew Beth.
<modsnip - sleuthing/implicating a person not named POI by LE>
<modsnip - no link from an approved source/rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All— this is my first post. I am a long time lurker of this website but I wanted to add some information to this case.

I grew up in Sellersville and know people who knew Beth. <modsnip - sleuthing/implicating a person not named POI by LE>
<modsnip - no link/rumor>
Thank you! This case is so sad. Beth seems like a lovely person who vanished for no reason. Who walks away without their car and phone in 2022? Especially without even packing a bag.

I wonder if LE will be able to get good information with a phone search warrant for family members. What else? Messaging apps like Facebook and WhatsApp. If she was in a relationship with someone who came to get her (without even her hairbrush) she had to communicate some way. And banking/financial records for that missing money. All that takes time.

Do you know if this is being handled by the local PD? Is there a state agency or a prosecutor's investigator involved? I'm hoping they don't have to wait until she is found. It's a big world, currently covered with snow.

I grew up in Sellersville and know people who knew Beth.
<modsnip - sleuthing/implicating a person not named POI by LE>
<modsnip - no link from an approved source/rumor>
Welcome to Websleuths @poppydata! It’s always great to have a member who is local to the area of the missing person!

Thank you! This case is so sad. Beth seems like a lovely person who vanished for no reason. Who walks away without their car and phone in 2022? Especially without even packing a bag.

I wonder if LE will be able to get good information with a phone search warrant for family members. What else? Messaging apps like Facebook and WhatsApp. If she was in a relationship with someone who came to get her (without even her hairbrush) she had to communicate some way. And banking/financial records for that missing money. All that takes time.

Do you know if this is being handled by the local PD? Is there a state agency or a prosecutor's investigator involved? I'm hoping they don't have to wait until she is found. It's a big world, currently covered with snow.
The Prosecutor's Office is involved in the case/search...There has been no snow thus far in the area. It seems Officials are very quiet, and some in the area, and a few searches were recently organized, but no news.

Last edited:
"She left her vehicle, electronics and other personal items behind. Per her husband, there is $13,000.00 in cash missing from the residence."
Missing Person / NamUs #MP97129

What?!?
So, Beth Capaldi vanished on or around 10/10/22 with nothing but her wallet (credit/debit cards?), a few personal items (?) and $13,000. in cash that was in the house (for some reason).
She was in contact with her daughter on a daily basis...but no longer.
Her mother is in a nursing home with advanced stage Alzheimers.

Beth's mother-in-law theorizes that:
1) Beth couldn't take it anymore (mothers AD, father and father-in-law's relatively recent deaths) and just left.
2) Beth was followed home by someone who abducted(?) her.
[Interview with MIL in embedded video]

Am I missing anything?

"She left her vehicle, electronics and other personal items behind. Per her husband, there is $13,000.00 in cash missing from the residence."
Missing Person / NamUs #MP97129

What?!?
So, Beth Capaldi vanished on or around 10/10/22 with nothing but her wallet (credit/debit cards?), a few personal items (?) and $13,000. in cash that was in the house (for some reason).
She was in contact with her daughter on a daily basis...but no longer.
Her mother is in a nursing home with advanced stage Alzheimers.

Beth's mother-in-law theorizes that:
1) Beth couldn't take it anymore (mothers AD, father and father-in-law's relatively recent deaths) and just left.
2) Beth was followed home by someone who abducted(?) her.
[Interview with MIL in embedded video]

Am I missing anything?
I haven't seen the link stating Beth's mom has advanced stage Alzheimer's. I saw her mother-in-law state that Beth's mom didn't know her and was in a home. We can assume that's due to dementia or Alzheimer's but it could also be due to other things.

To me, the fact that Beth's father and father-in-law had both passed, and her mom is in a home and doesn't recognize Beth, makes her disappearance even more unlikely. I can't imagine Beth voluntarily walking away from her daughter and leaving her without a mom.

It's curious that the missing subject wasn't picked up on any door or street cams.

The missing money and the wallet are very concerning. Do we know if there have been any ATM activity? The ATM's have video as well.

I wonder who knew about that wad of cash they kept at home?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Recently I considered that maybe Beth left of her own freewill and took her wallet with her so she could later be identified. I'm not saying that's what happened because all along I have felt that foul play is involved. But I'm trying to use simple logic to understand why she took her wallet and "a few personal belongings," but not her phone or keys.
Personally myself I leave the house with only cash and my license in my pocket. Sometimes I forget my phone as I also hate carrying that around. I hate carrying a pocketbook. Also the cash she could have rehid it and not told him as I also do that with cash at home. Just trying to put myself in her shoes. Other theory is someone knew he had cash on hand and threatened her and did something to her. From what I have gathered about her living here I just don’t think she would leave her daughter! I also believe her and her husband got along well.

RSBM
The first train of the day to Center City Philadelphia, from Doylestown, leaves Colmar at 0520.
Lansdale/Doylestown Line Schedule (Real-Time)
Well before astronomical twilight that day:
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA — Sunrise, Sunset, and Daylength, October 2022
So, rideshare to Colmar + train would've been ideal for Beth to flee in complete darkness. Question is, if she did, did any commuters or conductors notice her? Would they remember now?
There is no ticket agent at Colmar, though there is one at Lansdale. SEPTA does not have ticket machines for Regional Rail (long, sad story). Tickets may be purchased on the train at all times (no mobile ticketing yet), and there's the SEPTA Key card.
Fares | SEPTA
ETA: on SEPTA Regional Rail, a conductor always has some kind of fare interaction with each passenger, whether cash transaction, ticket collection, or scanning the ticket/pass/card.
Trains do have cameras in them. They would hopefully have checked them.

I keep cash at home too. I understand that. But $13,000 is a lot of cash to keep around the home, especially in a neighborhood surrounded by suspect individuals.

I would like to know the last time Beth was seen by someone other than her husband.

Even if Beth's husband worked out of town or drove a truck on the road, I can't imagine he wouldn't be concerned if he could not reach her on the phone within an 12-24 hour period . If her husband couldn't reach Beth by phone, I would think he would call her next closest relative, her daughter, to ask if she had spoken with or seen Beth. Upon speaking with the daughter and realizing Beth had also not been in contact with her, I feel its reasonable to think Beth's husband would either return home to check on her or call Law Enforcement to carry out a welfare check.

I am struggling to imagine a kidnapper allowing Beth to collect a few personal belongings.

An intruder whose primary goal is theft of cash wouldn't bother to take Beth along with him, unless he had nefarious purposes in mind for her. And in that case, what would be the purpose of allowing Beth to collect a few personal items?
What would be the purpose of allowing her to take her wallet? We haven't heard of any reports of a suspect attempting to use her debit or credit cards for cash withdrawals or purchases. There would be no need for the wallet or any other items outside of the cash.

<modsnip - quoted post with unverified inside info was removed>
What would be the purpose in kidnapping Beth, yet allowing her to collect some personal belongings before heading out? That's not the typical way kidnappers work. A person looking to steal money would simply break in, probably wearing some type of mask or hoodie, and collect the cash and run. Taking a hostage in such a situation would only cause trouble and extra work for a person who is looking for drug money.

We know that Beth was a homebody. She rarely left home. I can't imagine that she walked away from her life voluntarily, although anything is possible.

Since there was no sign of a break-in and Beth was a homebody, who also worked from home, why would she open the door for a stranger? If she lived in a community with high-risk individuals roaming the streets, I can't imagine she would even answer the door for an unknown person.

I keep hoping we will hear of a break in this case. I wish we could get a follow-up press conference answering some of our questions about Beth's last activities before her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back