Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I guess Googling "how to get away with murder" and "how to control your dark impulses" returned no results?

Moron.
Little did he know every LE now has a Google Alert setup that to let them know if anyone in their jurisdiction googles "how to get away with murder"...but only IF someone close to them winds up dead under mysterious circumstances.

You know, to protect the privacy of innocent Websleuths like ourselves who Google all kinds of ummm...interesting things.

Little did he know every LE now has a Google Alert setup that to let them know if anyone in their jurisdiction googles "how to get away with murder"...but only IF someone close to them winds up dead under mysterious circumstances.

You know, to protect the privacy of innocent Websleuths like ourselves who Google all kinds of ummm...interesting things.

Do you have a link for that? It seems like a huge invasion of privacy, and I find it rather doubtful that LE gets an alert from such a search.

Their ego in thinking that they won't get caught, and also their ego in believing that they matter so much more than the victim. :(
And combine it with an almost indignation that anybody actually cares about that person. They almost seem to think people will be like 'oh yeah I remember her... she was nice... wonder what happened? Oh well let's move on' and not actually like, search for them until they're found and want justice.

Do you have a link for that? It seems like a huge invasion of privacy, and I find it rather doubtful that LE gets an alert from such a search.
For sure a joke! Unfortunately too late to edit post.
I believe that @Kittybunny was making a joke and/or hypothesizing about how LE might behave in the future as a result of this case, rather than stating a fact.
Yes, thank you!

The grand jury report also details a litany of incriminating internet searches, including: “how to get away with murder”; “how to delete Facebook messages”; “can you avoid police detection by turning off your phone”; “how to control your dark impulses”; “how to disappear and never be found”; and “FBI Handbook of Crime Scene Forensics”.

Those internet searches allegedly became more tell-tale and gruesome in the days after Elizabeth Capaldi was dead and include: “Quikrete cement”; “Reciprocating saw” and “DIY blacklight.”
It's a shame that Brian Walshe didn't learn from this :( He's even dumber than Steve.

I think in their delusional minds they must think they will never get caught, but as we know from watching all these cases, that is very rarely the case. I guess their ego gets the best of them. RIP Beth.
If only these idiots would take a minute to read here first, maybe they might realise how dumb their plans are.
I think every single one of us here read the story and knew it was the husband straight away, we just weren't allowed to openly say so at the time!.

Seriously though, if you want to know how to get away with murder, don't Google it, just come and read here about all the idiot moves killers make and don't make them!.

Another article:

But Bucks County Judge Charissa Liller decided he deserved more time for misleading authorities about his involvement and dismembering his wife’s body and disposing of it.

'Bad enough to murder this woman in her sleep'​

“It was bad enough to murder this woman in her sleep,” Liller said, calling Capaldi a terrorist, and a coward.

From Judge adds more time to Stephen Capaldi's deal with prosecutors for killing his wife

Another article:

But Bucks County Judge Charissa Liller decided he deserved more time for misleading authorities about his involvement and dismembering his wife’s body and disposing of it.

'Bad enough to murder this woman in her sleep'​

“It was bad enough to murder this woman in her sleep,” Liller said, calling Capaldi a terrorist, and a coward.

From Judge adds more time to Stephen Capaldi's deal with prosecutors for killing his wife
What an Honorable Judge Liller!

This also means he won't get out in 20 because he has another sentencing waiting for him!

Liller went outside the agreement guidelines and sentenced Capaldi to 22 to 44 years in state prison. On the two lesser charges Liller imposed two, 12 to 24 month sentences be served consecutively. What that means is that Capaldi will have complete at least 20 years in prison, before he can start serving the first of the two additional sentences.

Capaldi agreed to the changes to the agreement confirming he would not appeal them. He also admitted to killing his wife.

"Yes, your honor those are the facts. Yes, I murdered my wife.”

Liller expressed disgust that Capaldi waited until he got a deal with the District Attorney before he disclosed what happened to his wife and where her remains could be found.

“That to me is appalling,” the judge said.

A Sellersville man who killed his wife and dismembered her body was sentenced Tuesday to 22 to 44 years in state prison.

Stephen Capaldi, 57, pleaded guilty to third-degree murder, abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence, and related crimes in the death of Elizabeth Capaldi. Capaldi negotiated with prosecutors to avoid a first-degree murder charge by leading them to his wife’s remains in a makeshift grave near Philadelphia International Airport in exchange for a lesser sentence.

But Bucks County Judge Charissa J. Liller partially rejected that offer. During Tuesday’s hearing, she sentenced Capaldi to consecutive terms on two of the counts against him, increasing his time behind bars by two years, and she chastised him for holding his wife’s remains “hostage.”

“It is appalling to me that after committing such a heinous act, you continued to terrorize Beth Capaldi,” Liller said.

Capaldi apologized to the dozens of friends and family members gathered in Liller’s courtroom, saying his wife didn’t deserve the violent end she had met at his hands.

“I know I’m guilty,” Capaldi said, “but I don’t know why I did what I did.”

I’m so pleased by the judge going outside the guidelines because of the heinous crime itself and and SC’s wanton disregard of the mental and emotional wellbeing of Beth’s friends and family as they futilely searched for her.

My heart really goes out to Beth’s daughter, who’s now effectively lost both her parents forever. I hope she has a loving and supportive network of friends and family to stand by her through the years to come.

Curious why the thread title still says “deceased/not found” if her husband led authorities to her body parts… ?

I can't understand that either. Enough of her remains have been located for DNA testing to determine positively that she is deceased. It is doubtful that all of her remains will ever be recovered. However, a post earlier in this thread said her status will not be changed to found to Found Deceased and the thread moved to Located, until all of her remains have been found.

This is similar to the case of Alexis Gabe. Alexis was positively determined to be deceased from DNA testing of the partial remains that were found. It is unlikely that all of her remains will ever be located. In her case, her thread was moved to Located, Found Deceased. I can't understand why the same wasn't done in Beth's case.

Edited to add: Now that he husband has been sentenced for her murder, the thread will probably be marked Guilty and moved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back