Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there a reason LE was not participating or in charge of this search?

My concern would be evidence was disturbed if it were picked up or moved. LE should have been called and responded immediately if something was found thought to be related to this woman.

This is a very disturbing story, wonder about police involvement. And who doesn't call the law when they find clothing and jewelry lying around outside? They plan on turning it in.....what!?!
Poor reporting. Word by volunteer organizers was that people called the police when something was found and waited for the police for the evidence to be identified.

This case is mum. Not sure what's going on with the investigation. Not sure why there is no police led grid searches with volunteers yet. No news from some of the closest family members - they appear to know nothing. Valuable lost time perhaps. Nothing makes sense right now. She could be alive but why would she run away from her daughter, <modsnip - no link> Did she leave and have an accident/fall? Or something sinister perhaps? Stumped
I would like to have my unedited post back lol. The husband's mother, Pat, had corroborated what I stated, in that Beth's mother is indeed sick. Thank you in advance.

So Beth’s mom “is in a home” and “doesn’t know [Beth]” and Beth’s father AND father-in-law both died (I assume this happened somewhat recently or else why would Beth’s mother-in-law bring it up as possibly triggering her to leave?).

Unusual to hear the MIL say “she’s an attractive woman” (and therefore could have been stalked/followed/kidnapped).

Finally, I was a little surprised that the MIL told Beth, if she was watching, to “call E” (Beth’s daughter), and didn’t say, “call [husband].”

But aside from these minor moments that struck me as odd, I was very happy to see that finally someone in Beth’s family was making a public statement about her disappearance.

If anyone is local to the case there will be a search party authorized by the Perkasie PD. Meeting time will be 4PM November 1, 2022 behind Sellersville Firehouse in Sellersville, PA.
There will be another search for Beth this Saturday November 5, 2022 @ 9am , same location. Sellersville Firehouse, Sellersville, PA. The weather will be perfect. And lots of daylight this time. Flyers are also being distributed on Friday.

Based on cases in both the US and UK, I would like to suggest that either side of the railroad right-of-way behind the fire house be searched for at least a half mile in both directions. Right-of-way's provide clandestine egress for criminal actors.

Do we know the location of her home, and have any or all the egress routs have been carefully searched?

Last edited:
Based on cases in both the US and UK, I would like to suggest that either side of the railroad right-of-way behind the fire house be searched for at least a half mile in both directions. Right-of-way's provide clandestine egress for criminal actors.

Do we know the location of her home, and have any or all the egress routs have been carefully searched?
Sellersville woman who disappeared from her home near High and Church streets more than two week ago.

pinned here

There will be another search for Beth this Saturday November 5, 2022 @ 9am , same location. Sellersville Firehouse, Sellersville, PA. The weather will be perfect. And lots of daylight this time. Flyers are also being distributed on Friday.
Are these searches being coordinated with LE? If so I'm hopeful that they are in the same general location.

TIMELINE updates in RED
Beth Capaldi, 55yo cancer survivor, last seen M Oct 10

M OCT 10 - LAST SEEN --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • last seen at home on East Church & High Street, Sellersville, PA [1@0:40] by husband [2] in "early morning hours" [3]
  • wallet is missing; cell phone, keys, and car were left behind [1]; house key also left behind [2]
TU OCT 11 - DAY 1

W OCT 12 - DAY 2 - REPORTED MISSING

• reported missing by daughter [1]
F OCT - DAY 4
  • Perkasie Borough PD posts Attempt To Locate [4]
~M OCT 24 - DAY 14 ("yesterday or day before" Oct 26 - [1@0:20])
  • LE had "bloodhounds or some kind of dogs" out [1@0:20]
W OCT 26 - DAY 16
  • MSM picks up case [1]
  • neighbor interviewed, states that
    • LE was canvassing neighborhood [1@0:16]
    • yesterday or day before, LE had "bloodhounds or some kind of dogs" out [1@0:20]
  • PM - District Attorney holds press conference to ask for public's help [2] - transcribed by @Allabouttrial HERE
    • states that they have some leads they're working on, but "we're prepared for any eventuality" [2]
    • have spoken to BC's husband [3]
W NOV 3 - DAY 24
  • new VIDEO posted w update abt search [2vid2]
  • [TIME/DATE?] ~50 people searched familiar areas, creeks, parks, railroad tracks in Sellersville & Perkesie [2vid2@0:01]
  • [TIME/DATE?] searchers found articles of clothing, jewelry & will hand over to investigators [2vid2@1:33]
  • MIL states that husband is "frantically worried" [2vid2@0:35]
  • BC suffered recent stresses/losses - father & FIL both died, mother in a home [2vid2@1:10]

SOURCES
[1] Police search for missing Bucks County mom who 'vanished' - NBC Philadelphia - Oct 26
[2] Disappearance of Bucks County woman under investigation - Patch - Oct 26 / VIDEO (2vid1) "Police search..." / NEW VIDEO (2vid2) "Family continues..." added Nov 2 & transcribed by @Allabouttrial HERE
[3] Sellersville woman Beth Capaldi missing for more than two weeks - Courier Times - Oct 26
[4] PBPD Attempt to Locate - Oct 14

Last edited:
MIL - Maybe she just reached maximum density and couldn't handle it anymore and left. Or, somebody could have seen her, she's an attractive woman. They could have followed her home.
RSBBM

What an odd comment by MIL.

I put this right up there with the murder of Mo Wilson and the comment by CS that Mo's alleged killer (his then-girlfriend) did not have the inertia to end their relationship after taking a break.

MOO

RSBBM

I put this right up there with the murder of Mo Wilson and the comment by CS that Mo's alleged killer (his then-girlfriend) did not have the inertia to end their relationship after taking a break.

MOO
If you watch the video and listen to her tone it feels even odder.

RSBBM

MOO
MOO : I think the MIL meant Beth had reached “maximum capacity,” mentally (aka her limits), and she just used the wrong term instead.
What action was the MIL suggesting Beth took in response? I think she meant that Beth either HAD a “mental break” (or breakdown) as a result of various stressors she’d been dealing with, or Beth TOOK a break because she couldn’t tolerate stressful situations any longer. Anyone else have any guesses as to other potential explanations she was suggesting by making the “maximum density” observation?

MOO : I think the MIL meant Beth had reached “maximum capacity,” mentally (aka her limits), and she just used the wrong term instead.
What action was the MIL suggesting Beth took in response? I think she meant that Beth either HAD a “mental break” (or breakdown) as a result of various stressors she’d been dealing with, or Beth TOOK a break because she couldn’t tolerate stressful situations any longer. Anyone else have any guesses as to other potential explanations she was suggesting by making the “maximum density” observation?

Yes but I don’t want to break rules so I will just observe.
I’m so sad for Beth, I hope she is okay.

If you watch the video and listen to her tone it feels even odder.
I went back to locate the video and after watching it, definitely agree!

Understanding that it's a stressful time for the family, given the context and order of what she stated before making the subject statement, I think she was thinking of somebody other than Beth when she made that odd statement. MOO

Understanding that it's a stressful time for the family, given the context and order of what she stated before making the subject statement, I think she was thinking of somebody other than Beth when she made that odd statement. MOO
BBM - agreed

Rewatched video. I agree that MIL’s comments could refer less to Beth than other folks around her.

Also caught something I previously missed. At the very beginning of the video, the MIL seems to be telling the assembled crowd of would-be searchers that “She wasn’t a walker, Beth was a shopper.” I don’t really know what to make of this, except a) use of the past-tense “was” is interesting and b) maybe if Beth’s only real hobby was shopping, could that have caused money issues/financial stress in the marriage?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back