GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's how I figured it out as well: that $4,000 figure must have been given to her by her divorce attorney, based on the financials she gave him. Pretty modest monthly payout if you ask me.

Morag said:
?? park car in front of Wawa.

11:52 get parking ticket in front of Wawa.

11:56 purchase soda.

drink soda* while walking to car

?? leave Wawa.

drive 50 minutes from Wawa to home.

?? arrive at home.

1:45 call police.

Assuming he didn't spend a lot of time sitting in his already-ticketed car, drinking soda, he must have left there at about noon, yet he didn't call LE until 1:45. He may have been at the house for about an hour before calling.
Detectives observed that numerous neighborhood houses were apparently vacant. Dr. Robb would have known that no one would be there to observe his goings and comings.

*He drank a 20 ounce soda? No wonder he had to *** when he got home.

IIRC, he went to school to turn in the grades AFTER Wawa. But, by the timing of when he got the ticket, he couldn't have stayed at school for very long. It seems he may have done some additional staging when he returned from his galavanting around town.

IMHO, the breaking of the glass etc may have been when he returned. Remember, he was a game strategist, so he was probably going back over his last play and trying to think up things to make it 'more plausible.'

Guess he just plain didn't think of the bloody footprints and the drip, drip, drip, of the blood from the murder weapon.

Like I said, what a dumby.

JMHO
fran

PS......I do believe he did additional staging after his return. After all, LE said when they questioned him the second time, he revised some of his earlier statements which made them even more suspicious............fran

scandi said:
Do you think it was odder than odd he asked the window guy if he wanted to have a drink sometime? Hmmmmm

I don't even want to envision his room where he locks the door on a regular basis. I wondered what he has to hide in there, and wonder if the cops found anything interesting. Bet there are dirty dishes, bananna peels and apple cores and magazines of number puzzles stacked high one on top of the other. Sloppy, slow movin' but with a violent temper when vexed, he is as I said one crappy piece of work!

Hey, good to see ya Yadler!

Like some of the acquaintances on the WS board have said, don't let his gait fool you, he's strong as an ox. He works out (every day?) at the gym.

I don't recall, were there any defensive wounds on her? I strongly believe he came up behind Ellen and completely caught her off guard. Good grief! The point to the pen she was using to address the Xmas gifts was found in her body...........sounds like Ellen didn't have a chance!

I also understand that when LE were walking him through his movements of that day upon his return, when he walked into his room with the detective and was questioned about why he didn't use any of the other phones rather than his cell phone, as he was talking, the prof went over and PLUGGED in his bedroom phone...........Now, why was his phone unplugged?

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Like some of the acquaintances on the WS board have said, don't let his gait fool you, he's strong as an ox. He works out (every day?) at the gym.

I don't recall, were there any defensive wounds on her? I strongly believe he came up behind Ellen and completely caught her off guard. Good grief! The point to the pen she was using to address the Xmas gifts was found in her body...........sounds like Ellen didn't have a chance!

I also understand that when LE were walking him through his movements of that day upon his return, when he walked into his room with the detective and was questioned about why he didn't use any of the other phones rather than his cell phone, as he was talking, the prof went over and PLUGGED in his bedroom phone...........Now, why was his phone unplugged?

JMHO
fran
One of the defensive wound she had was that her fingers were crushed, presumably the fingers that were holding the pen.

Imo, he looked right at her & beat her.:(

Fran, his original story for why he unplugs his phone was that he sometimes does that at night so it doesn't wake him. Perfectly believable imo I do the same thing. It's everything else he said and did that's glaringly obvious.

LTUlegal said:
One of the defensive wound she had was that her fingers were crushed, presumably the fingers that were holding the pen.

Imo, he looked right at her & beat her.:(

You're right about that LTUlegal, I'd forgotten about the crushed fingers. Oh, this makes me so sad. What a monster, IMHO.

strach304 said:
Fran, his original story for why he unplugs his phone was that he sometimes does that at night so it doesn't wake him. Perfectly believable imo I do the same thing. It's everything else he said and did that's glaringly obvious.

I knew he'd said something about why he unplugged the phone but I couldn't recall what. NOw that you said that, I remember that reason as well.

You know, trying to follow two cases that are so similar yet different is very confusing. :(

The results are the same though. Two young mothers, senslessly murdered and nothing that happens can bring them back.

JMHO
fran

jubie said:
And of all the stupid things to say...40 minutes in a fruit store to buy 'a' bag of fruit? Just building his BS alilbi.

Also he had to have something laid out in the garage to stand on while he changed into clean clothes and shoes. I'm sure that all got wrapped up along with the murder weapon. If only Olivia could be sure of what he was wearing when he dropped her off at school... it sure wasn't what he was wearing when he 'discovered' Ellen.

But that proves nothing because he said that after he dropped her off he went home, took a shower and got dressed to go to work.

lisafremont said:
But that proves nothing because he said that after he dropped her off he went home, took a shower and got dressed to go to work.

Right. What he MEANT to state was that he dropped Olivia off, went home, killed Ellen, took off the blood-soaked clothes in the garage, then showered and dressed for work.

I was married to Dr. my first marriage. He thought he was smart, smarter than everyone else. He was smart too, just not smarter than EVERYONE else. Stuff that was common, simple, everyday stuff, he didn't get.

For example: We bought a sofa bed, it was queen size with a thin mattress (sofa bed). I told him we needed to get a full size mattress, not a queen. He couldn't get that. We had to get both, put them on so he could see the difference, he saw I was right, it really, really pissstt him off (that I was right).

Another time, he insisted on buying extra toothbrushes to "keep on hand for unexpected houseguests". (This never happened, still don't know where this came from.) We did, he came home OPENED them all and put them in a toothbrush holder. I told him that was asinine, nobody would want to use them unless they could see they were new and open them themselves. Again, he saw that I was right, and was furiously pisssttt off. At me.

Very intelligent man, yet stupid.

Lisafremont and Luthersmama,

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I've been following this but I missed that part of the time-line.

Jubie

Garnan said:
I was married to Dr. my first marriage. He thought he was smart, smarter than everyone else. He was smart too, just not smarter than EVERYONE else. Stuff that was common, simple, everyday stuff, he didn't get.

For example: We bought a sofa bed, it was queen size with a thin mattress (sofa bed). I told him we needed to get a full size mattress, not a queen. He couldn't get that. We had to get both, put them on so he could see the difference, he saw I was right, it really, really pissstt him off (that I was right).

Another time, he insisted on buying extra toothbrushes to "keep on hand for unexpected houseguests". (This never happened, still don't know where this came from.) We did, he came home OPENED them all and put them in a toothbrush holder. I told him that was asinine, nobody would want to use them unless they could see they were new and open them themselves. Again, he saw that I was right, and was furiously pisssttt off. At me.

Very intelligent man, yet stupid.

Years ago I worked for a surgeon who seemded very smart, he started a reasearch and development company. I would pull all these files he'd need and put them on his desk. Instead of putting them on my desk if he stayed late so I could put them back the next morning he'd try and put them away himself. NEVER where the file name said it belonged he'd GUESS based on whatever he just added to it. I'd have to wrack my brain to figure out where he lost the next file. Like the file was named 'X drug study' and if he'd met Dr. Adams to go over something about said drug he'd put in under A for Adams, just stick there somewhere among the A's. There were days I spent hours trying to figure it out :doh:

Sometimes people are sooooooo smart that they have no basic, common sense.

jubie said:
Years ago I worked for a surgeon who seemded very smart, he started a reasearch and development company. I would pull all these files he'd need and put them on his desk. Instead of putting them on my desk if he stayed late so I could put them back the next morning he'd try and put them away himself. NEVER where the file name said it belonged he'd GUESS based on whatever he just added to it. I'd have to wrack my brain to figure out where he lost the next file. Like the file was named 'X drug study' and if he'd met Dr. Adams to go over something about said drug he'd put in under A for Adams, just stick there somewhere among the A's. There were days I spent hours trying to figure it out :doh:

That's funny :) He probably thought he was being helpful.

We know of at least one occasion where he hit his wife and she told a friend he treats her terribly. I think it's a safe bet he was physically and verbally abusive to his wife. I won't be surprised if it turns out that he was for the entire duration of the marriage.

I personally don't think his intellect makes a difference when you consider that spousal abuse happens in all levels of society. From my own experience I can say that these types react and then think. In my case it was the only way of controlling me or having the upper hand, same as threatening to hunt me down and kill me if I left him. Something along those lines would be my guess and the money imo played a factor as well. If for no other reason simply because he may have thought without money he's never going to find another wife. Seems like his job was just about all he had going for him.

The only point I was trying to make about his intellect is that it doesn't really matter. Some people are smart about some things and not smart about others. From my experience, the smarter a person is about "book stuff" the less smart they are about common sense stuff, additionally, really smart people also think they are smarter than everyone else, and over look stuff that "we all" can easily see.

yadler said:
That's how I figured it out as well: that $4,000 figure must have been given to her by her divorce attorney, based on the financials she gave him. Pretty modest monthly payout if you ask me.
There is a formula that the courts use to determine support, spousal support and alimony based on spousal income. If the husband is working and the wife is not, all of the money comes from one pot. This $4Gs was probably a combined figure that Ellen would have received monthly for support for one child plus spousal support/alimony based on Raffi's yearly income. $4Gs isn't much at all when you consider $1550 for a townhouse rent payment, car, food, utilities, entertainement, clothing, kid expenses, school lunches, trips and misc. bills. Ellen had no income of her own but might have been considering going back to work.

The money might have been a big issue here but just as pivitol or more frightening/worse was Raffi's fear of and anger about separating physically from the center of his life - his daughter Olivia.

fran said:
IIRC, he went to school to turn in the grades AFTER Wawa.

No, according to the DA's press release, he said he went to the fruit stand, then to Penn, then to Wawa, then home. From the time he left Wawa until he arrived home, there was about an hour and a half...

winteryns said:
I can tell you that if you park in front of that Wawa you are guaranteed a parking ticket. That street is a major street in the city and the cops patrol faithfully. It would have been easier for him to get a soda at a vending cart or at the office than to park and go in Wawa. That was done intentionally for sure.
I am not from the area. Can someone please tell me what the "Wawa" is. LOL

Thanks!

e

:blushing:

Elliemae said:
I am not from the area. Can someone please tell me what the "Wawa" is. LOL

Thanks!

e

:blushing:

LOL apparently it is a good place to get a coffee. I had to ask someone too, don't feel bad!

Morag said:
fran said:
IIRC, he went to school to turn in the grades AFTER Wawa.

No, according to the DA's press release, he said he went to the fruit stand, then to Penn, then to Wawa, then home. From the time he left Wawa until he arrived home, there was about an hour and a half...

Thanks Morag, I guess I misunderstood his timeline.

1 1/2 hours! That would have been plenty of time to stage more.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysxoxo