PA PA - Female, name withheld, 37, Windgap, Pittsburgh, 25 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no knowledge of the area being on the other side of the country, but by google mapping the street, the homes appear to be around $112,000 so not very expensive at all. If anyone is more familiar with the area please correct me if I’m wrong.

Why does it say Windgap>> Pittsburgh. Windgap is hours away from Pittsburgh. Was she traveling? Why even bother to report this when there is no name, no description, no nothing.

Wind Gap (2 words) is in Northampton County, PA. Windgap (1 word) is a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

This sounds so similar to that little baby that was reported missing "anonymously" and it turned out to be a hoax.

Is someone playing with that media station?

Come on, there's a woman who is 37 years old missing, but no description of her, no name, and people around there are supposed to be on the lookout for what, exactly? Probably 1/8 th of the area is populated with women in their 30's.

No car, no license plate to search.

Utterly ridiculous.

If there is a woman truly missing, I pray she is ok and is heard from soon.

This sounds so similar to that little baby that was reported missing "anonymously" and it turned out to be a hoax.

Come on, there's a woman who is 37 years old missing, but no description of her, no name, and people around there are supposed to be on the lookout for what, exactly? Probably 1/8 th of the area is populated with women in their 30's.

Utterly ridiculous.

Well, police were out there with the bloodhound in the woods and they did search the house, so there must be something to it. Could be police never intended to alert the media but maybe a nebby neighbor tipped off WPXI about police activity in the area. Maybe WPXI picked it up from a police scanner.

Utterly ridiculous.

well there's pictures of all the cop cars at the location so it wouldn't just be the media being hoaxed

ETA: jinx CCJD!

Apparently the kind that needs a psychic. If this was something private why bother telling people that a woman is missing with no info about her. Who is going to call in saying " I saw a woman who is approx 37yrs old. " IMO

"With two eyes, two ears, a nose, one chin... at least I think I saw a chin..."

Well, police were out there with the bloodhound in the woods and they did search the house, so there must be something to it. Could be police never intended to alert the media but maybe a nebby neighbor tipped off WPXI about police activity in the area. Maybe WPXI picked it up from a police scanner.

well there's pictures of all the cop cars at the location so it wouldn't just be the media being hoaxed

ETA: jinx CCJD!

Same with the hoax story about the poor child.

Please know, I am not saying this is a hoax, but it is just ridiculous that this media source put this out there when LE hasn't reported the woman missing yet. LE hasn't confirmed there is a missing woman.

I, too, noticed that WPXI is the only local station covering this. Also noticed that authorities are NOT asking for the public's help. I wonder how WPXI got wind of this to begin with. Maybe someone in the area who saw the searches being conducted and nothing on the news. Methinks LE knows a whole lot more than what has been released. Also wondering if they've checked Chartiers Creek. It's not far from Haven St.
WPXI has always been willing to push the envelope to get the “exclusive” story and be first to air, not always waiting for facts or confirmation from authorities. Chances are a neighbor called in to their tip line and they ran with it. Always worried when the spouse delays informing LE.

Same with the hoax story about the poor child.

Please know, I am not saying this is a hoax, but it is just ridiculous that this media source put this out there when LE hasn't reported the woman missing yet. LE hasn't confirmed there is a missing woman.
How does the Pittsburgh Police typically handle something like this? And, if they brought in their dog support team, wouldn't there be available records for that? IMHO if this is a real situation, and I'm also not implying that it's not, (I hope that makes sense. Reading that might get confusing IMO) where is this hush-hush originating from?

How does the Pittsburgh Police typically handle something like this? And, if they brought in their dog support team, wouldn't there be available records for that? IMHO if this is a real situation, and I'm also not implying that it's not, (I hope that makes sense. Reading that might get confusing IMO) where is this hush-hush originating from?

I don't know what standard SOP is for all hush-hush cases, just the ones I've tried to stick my nose into.

Two different women (one 17, the other 43) went missing from the Pgh area at two different times. Each of them was visiting here from a different country (one from the UK, one from South Africa), so I get that there could be international implications but ...

Each hit the news at the time they went missing. In both news stories, Pgh PD was asking for info/help and listed the Missing Persons Unit phone #. Then ... crickets.

Calling Pgh PD about either will garner different answers: "I'll have to pull the file and call you back" (they won't) or "all I can tell you is that it's still an active case".

I entered both ladies into NamUs (at different times). Each of them, within minutes of my submitting, disappeared from My Dashboard. When I emailed NamUs to ask why, the response was "we can't comment on cases not viewable to the public" even though I was the one who submitted them.

Must be getting crowded under that Cone Of Silence.

Shereen Malik
PA - Pa - Shereen Malik, 17, Pittsburgh, Jun 2018

Yvette Johnson
PA - PA - Yvette Johnson, 43, Pittsburgh, 3 March 2015

edited to add ws links for both ladies

Attachments

• Cone of Silence.JPG
    Cone of Silence.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
o_O Nothing to add. Very peculiar.
Usually you see something on the local pages of social media. Other than that one station's page on FB, no one knows a thing.

That's why I wondered if this is a hoax. I haven't seen anyone mention they drove by and saw a bunch of cop cars (just the station said this). Locals were confused, and it's died down to nothing, as far as any chatter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back