PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;840212744368455682]https://twitter.com/lehighcourts/status/840212744368455682[/video]
57eca557ca9c8a7f79c77a915d07b0f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katherine Scott‏Verified account @KScott6abc
Sara Packer wore orange jumpsuit, was in cuffs. She remained reserved, answering "yes, Your Honor" or "no, Your Honor" to judge's questions.

Sara Packer's attorney said she is off suicide watch but remains in isolation.

Paperwork filed today in Sara Packer case preserves right for prosecutors to seek death penalty, but decision hasn't been made yet.

Formal arraignment for Sara Packer just ended. She pleaded not guilty. Remains in custody.

Katherine Scott‏ @KScott6abc
Sara Packer wore orange jumpsuit, was in cuffs. She remained reserved, answering "yes, Your Honor" or "no, Your Honor" to judge's questions.

Sara Packer's attorney said she is off suicide watch but remains in isolation.

Paperwork filed today in Sara Packer case preserves right for prosecutors to seek death penalty, but decision hasn't been made yet.

Formal arraignment for Sara Packer just ended. She pleaded not guilty. Remains in custody.

Sara Packer's co-defendant Jacob Sullivan is scheduled to have his formal arraignment on March 31. He also remains in custody.

We posted the same thing, same time Knox!

Packer, 42, of Richland Township, pleaded not guilty at her arraignment Friday before Judge Diane E. Gibbons. She faces 11 felony charges, including criminal homicide, and nine misdemeanors for her alleged role in the death of 14-year-old Grace Packer, of Abington Township, Montgomery County.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/grace-packers-adoptive-mom-could-face-death-penalty-for-girls-death/

attachment.php

[video=twitter;840236815466549253]https://twitter.com/LehighCourts/status/840236815466549253[/video]

Attachments

• Ntc Ag Circs.jpg
    Ntc Ag Circs.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 385
VIDEO: More Children Allege Reported Abuse in Packer Home
By Deanna Durante
Published at 7:04 PM EST on Mar 10, 2017 | Updated at 12:23 AM EST on Mar 11, 2017

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/More-Children-Allege-Reported-Abuse-in-Packer-Home_Philadelphia-415920083.html

Sara Packer faced a judge on Friday, pleading not guilty in the rape and murder of her adopted daughter, Grace Packer. Now, more kids have come forward saying they, too, reported previous abuse in the Packer home. NBC10's Deanna Durante has all the details.

I have to admit I am a little amazed that so much time has passed & KA hasn't been charged or otherwise publicly mentioned as a POI in this. Not amazed b/c I have any evidence that she was involved or necessarily want her to have been -- but amazed given her relationship with SP and JS. Things may change and information may come out at a later time, but so far it seems as though she either really didn't have an inkling this was going to/did happen or LE really doesn't have the needed information to prove that she did have that kind of inkling. Interesting.

It's so hard not to sit back behind my computer screen and be all "how could you NOT know?" Maybe it's more of a "there but for the grace of God" situation than I'm comfortable admitting to myself. :|

I have to admit I am a little amazed that so much time has passed & KA hasn't been charged or otherwise publicly mentioned as a POI in this. Not amazed b/c I have any evidence that she was involved or necessarily want her to have been -- but amazed given her relationship with SP and JS. Things may change and information may come out at a later time, but so far it seems as though she either really didn't have an inkling this was going to/did happen or LE really doesn't have the needed information to prove that she did have that kind of inkling. Interesting.

It's so hard not to sit back behind my computer screen and be all "how could you NOT know?" Maybe it's more of a "there but for the grace of God" situation than I'm comfortable admitting to myself. :|
IDK. Maybe she wasn't an active participant and has been granted immunity for her testimony against SP and JS? Just a guess. On second thought, the DA would be in dire need of evidence to agree to a plea deal with KA. Just knowing about the assaults, even if she didn't participate, but neglecting to report it is IMO too grave an offense to plead down. There were other children (at the time) in the home who are willing to testify. Would the DA really be that desperate for KA's cooperation and testimony?

KATHERINE ALLBRIGHT: MEDIA SELECTIVE AMNESIA?

I know of only two media publications that list KATHERINE ALLBRIGHT (KA) as a person of interest in GRACE PACKER MURDER:

1. EXCLUSIVE: Couple accused of raping and dismembering adoptive daughter, 14, were in 'polyamorous' relationship with social worker who called herself 'mastermind' (and 'murderer's' ex-husband was child sex predator too)
By Louise Boyle In Horsham, Pennsylvania For Dailymail.com 13 January 2017
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mom-s-ex-husband-child-sex-predator-too.html

2. New Details In Couple’s Rape-Murder Fantasy May Prove Third Lover Was Involved
Harley Tamplin, Elite Daily Jan 13, 2017
http://elitedaily.com/news/rape-murder-fantasy-case-third-lover-involved/1752631

I have posted previously on the number of errors in the DAILYMAIL.COM story, with location photos incorrect among many other errors. This reduces my confidence in that publication venue significantly, since easily correctable errors have not been corrected to date.

In addition, I have had direct dialogue with leading local investigative reporters on the GRACE PACKER MURDER via TWITTER. These include

1. NBC10’s Deanna Durante https://twitter.com/deannadurante

2. Bucks County Courier Times’ Jo Ciavaglia https://twitter.com/JoCiavaglia

In each TWITTER interaction, I directly asked reporters about my speculation that JACOB PATRICK SULLIVAN (JS) did NOT write the handwritten suicide note (JSNOTE) attributed to him, and if any document examination of his handwritten suicide note has been attempted. In each interaction, I received direct replies, but no followup to my knowledge.

attachment.php

The authenticity of JSNOTE has, I believe, bearing on KA in this case, which I intend to discuss in more detail in a future post regarding the physical and logistical possibilities of the “SUICIDE PACT” events of FRI DEC 30 2016 put forth in charging documents https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3258309/Criminal-complaint-charging-Sara-Packer-with.pdf

Since about January of 2017, KA appears to be 100% off the radar screens of media outlets and local reporting. Of course, I Am Not A Lawyer Nor Law Enforcement (IANALNLE) so I leave speculation about those fields to professionals, which I deeply appreciate in this discussion.

Regardless, the abandonment of KATHERINE ALLBRIGHT as a focus for media attention and local investigative reporting is what I would call “media selective amnesia”. And I feel anyone may profitably speculate as to why.

David

Attachments

• Deanna Durante - DRF Twitter 2-15-17.jpg
    Deanna Durante - DRF Twitter 2-15-17.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 353
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/mc-grace-packer-abuse-allegations-20170315-story.html

The screaming would go on for hours every day.

When Sara and David Packer put their 4-year-old foster daughter down to sleep, the girl would howl in a tiny bedroom with an alarm on the door, another former foster child of the Packers said.

The crying bothered Jessica Rotellini Law so much, she said, she told an employee at the agency that placed her, at age 16, in the Packers' Allentown home with Grace, her toddler brother and a 13-year-old girl in 2006.

Not to diminish or dilute the horrific acts of which Sara Packer and Jacob Sullivan are accused, but what appears to be some direct lines to a casual attitude of the "system" in play is (to me) disgusting. If even half of what is reported is generally accurate, valid, and reliable, the counties, Impact Project, etc share a healthy portion of responsibility for what occurred. Further, I'd like to think that some honorable journalist is/will do a so-called "deep-dive" into roles/responsibilities/accountability. It really is time to tear the cover off the social services world.

MEDIA FOCUS ON AGENCIES INVOLVED IN GRACE PACKER HORROR: “Essentially, we don’t have that information.”

Records: Embattled agency paid Sara Packer to work as foster parent and case manager
By Jo Ciavaglia, staff writer 3/31/17
http://www.theintell.com/news/local...cle_123d7bf7-850f-5c92-a1b0-c72859215599.html

The Packers took in 30 foster children from 11 counties between 2000 and 2010. That included four from Bucks and three from Montgomery, according to information from the state. Twenty-three of those children lived in five counties that contracted with IMPACT for foster care services, including Bucks and Montgomery, according to county and state officials.

This news organization filed multiple Right-to-Know requests seeking county records, including ones showing how much money was paid to the Packers for foster care services. In answer to those requests, Berks, Bucks, Lehigh, Montgomery and Northampton counties claimed they had no records of any direct or indirect payments to the Packers during the time frame when they provided foster care.

In its response, Bucks County included a claim from IMPACT’s president and CE0, Joseph Abraham, that the agency “simply does not have documentation of payments to the Packer family for either per diem rates or expenses.”

Abraham cited state and federal tax guidelines that require retaining financial records for only seven years, and state regulations that require foster parent and child documentation be maintained for only five years.

“Any number we gave would be a guess and inaccurate,” Abraham said in the response. “Essentially, we don’t have that information.”

Sounds like they filed paperwork to 'peruse' the death penalty by the 'deadline date', but may reserve the right to change their minds...

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said Friday he is pursuing the death penalty for both defendants.
Weintraub said he still reserved the right to change his mind.
"We don't have to actually decide until trial," he said.

Weintraub said he hopes to try Sullivan and Packer together.

As of Friday, trial is scheduled to begin March 26, 2018. Judge Diane Gibbons also set pretrial hearings for the first week of November.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_6fc640a8-1ffc-5498-a37b-9a608ac364e2.html

MEDIA FOCUS ON AGENCIES INVOLVED IN GRACE PACKER HORROR: “Essentially, we don’t have that information.”

Records: Embattled agency paid Sara Packer to work as foster parent and case manager
By Jo Ciavaglia, staff writer 3/31/17
http://www.theintell.com/news/local...cle_123d7bf7-850f-5c92-a1b0-c72859215599.html

The Packers took in 30 foster children from 11 counties between 2000 and 2010. That included four from Bucks and three from Montgomery, according to information from the state. Twenty-three of those children lived in five counties that contracted with IMPACT for foster care services, including Bucks and Montgomery, according to county and state officials.

This news organization filed multiple Right-to-Know requests seeking county records, including ones showing how much money was paid to the Packers for foster care services. In answer to those requests, Berks, Bucks, Lehigh, Montgomery and Northampton counties claimed they had no records of any direct or indirect payments to the Packers during the time frame when they provided foster care.

In its response, Bucks County included a claim from IMPACT’s president and CE0, Joseph Abraham, that the agency “simply does not have documentation of payments to the Packer family for either per diem rates or expenses.”

Abraham cited state and federal tax guidelines that require retaining financial records for only seven years, and state regulations that require foster parent and child documentation be maintained for only five years.

“Any number we gave would be a guess and inaccurate,” Abraham said in the response. “Essentially, we don’t have that information.”

I wonder - and possibly someone reading this is able & willing to enlighten me/us - how was (the prestigious award winning) The Impact Project selected & contracted by the five counties referenced? Is it a bidding process? Was there an RFQ (or equivalent)?... And, if so, what did the counties seek?

Oh, and BTW, I find it interesting that The Impact Project seems to have taken down their Facebook page.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMP2816
Back