PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While there may be heavier press attention given to certain players in this grotesque thing, I cannot help but comment about what seems to me to be a thorough lack of actionable accountability of the various "systems" that were involved.

Seriously, has nobody at any of the agencies (or whatever they are called) lost their job... or even been hung out to dry? Talk about being "Teflon"!!!! I'd like to know the names of those people. Get some hardball interviews with them. Ask them the really tough questions.

I think some of the local news orgs in the area might be trying -- I'm not local, but I base that off what I see being reported on the internet (uh, for what that's worth).

I know Victoria Martens has come up a couple times previously in this thread. There are some significant similarities between the cases (and some major differences, to be fair) but both cases brought calls for investigations into LE & DYFS or the equivalent b/c of these apparent major gaps in oversight. (And I can't recall the child's name off the top of my head, but I know there was a WS thread on the most egregious one of these "what the hell were you doing while you were NOT helping this kid, social services?" type crimes in my recent memory -- the poor little boy who was calling 911/CPS on his OWN and pleading for help and still ended up being beaten to death by a parent.)

There was just a report on the investigative findings into the LE errors released in the Martens case and it's infuriating to read b/c there's so little accountability for major oversights. It's so frustrating. But at least, in that case, there isn't this looming specter of possible other victims -- maybe not victims of homicide, but victims of abuse/mistreatment by SP & DP or others -- like there is here.

One of things that really hurts about this case is that adoption is supposed to signal the *end* of one struggle for kids coming from troubled homes. In this case, it just removed the safety net that GP had & left her solely in the care of SP & DP even when the other foster children were removed.

SARA PACKER: BRIEF RECAP OF WORK HISTORY

"A native of Brodheadsville, Monroe County, Packer had earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from Randolph College in Virginia, and worked there as an assistant teacher in a nursery school, according to Northampton County Children, Youth and Family Division records... She said she had jobs as a coordinator or caseworker at Communities in Schools, the Impact Project, and Big Brothers Big Sisters, all in Lehigh County (Pennsylvania)... In early 2003, Northampton County had approved Packer as an emergency hire as a caseworker - meaning she was appointed even before she had taken the State Civil Service Examination, though she later had to be approved again to keep the position, according to the records. Packer said in her application that she and her then-husband, David Packer, had recently become foster parents... In September 2005, Packer was promoted. In June 2007, she became a casework supervisor, in charge of five caseworkers, the records show... In January 2010, she was fired for serious allegations of misconduct, according to the termination letter from Dolan. The letter was heavily redacted by county officials, and does not reveal the details of the misconduct claims. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...__benefit_my_fellow_human___records_show.html

The exact reason for her termination was redacted by the county solicitor's office, which cited the reason for the redaction as "references to state agency investigations which are not subject to public disclosure."... County administrator Kevin Dolan wrote in the letter that Packer initially told him of what were eventually deemed fireable offenses on Jan. 20, 2010..."Based on the seriousness of these allegations of misconduct, you were suspended without pay effective January 20, 2010, pending the completion of the investigation," Dolan wrote... The letter goes on to note that the termination was based in part on documents Packer provided and that her "undisputed actions" violated the county's ethics and disciplinary employee codes... Northampton County Controller Stephen Barron Jr. told NBC10 Philadelphia on Monday he is demanding those who work for the county take a good look into the case files Sara Packer worked on and supervised... "She represents the worst of a children and youth worker," he said. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Social-Worker-Position-in-2010-410279715.html

"A “foundational question” in this case is whether Sara Packer was identified as a child abuser before or after 2010, according to Cathleen Palm. She's the founder and executive director of the Center for Children’s Justice in Berks County, the county that oversaw Grace Packer’s adoption. “There will likely be many more questions if (Sara Packer) was named as a perpetrator and the living status of the children was unchanged,” she added. Plus, Palm added, as a child welfare worker, Packer was mandated by state law to report even a suspected case of child abuse, Palm said. “A key part of this case is what was thought about in terms of her ability to care and protect Grace (and the) other children,” Palm added. “Sadly, it may have been viewed as David (Packer) was the only threat or challenge, so remove him and all is well, even as there may have been more (problems) hiding in plain sight.” http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...4-July-2016-*Arrests*&p=13070223#post13070223

For more information, see

Northampton County, PA Children, Youth and Family Division http://northampton.pa.networkofcare...ountyChildrenYouthandFamiliesDivision_803_2_0

Northampton County, PA administrator Kevin Dolan https://www.northamptoncounty.org/HS/CYF/Pages/About-Us.aspx

Northampton County, PA Controller Stephen Barron https://www.northamptoncounty.org/CONTRLR/Pages/About-Us.aspx

Center for Children’s Justice Cathleen Palm http://www.c4cj.org/Board_of_Directors.php

While there may be heavier press attention given to certain players in this grotesque thing, I cannot help but comment about what seems to me to be a thorough lack of actionable accountability of the various "systems" that were involved.

Seriously, has nobody at any of the agencies (or whatever they are called) lost their job... or even been hung out to dry? Talk about being "Teflon"!!!! I'd like to know the names of those people. Get some hardball interviews with them. Ask them the really tough questions.

it's infuriating to read b/c there's so little accountability

Exactly. It is one thing to 'investigate' and/or even find some non-compliance. I believe that is done on a some regular basis. I've found that the process falls apart at that point. The investigative and supervising entities (which are generally government, quasi-government, or government dependent) are wholly resistant/hesitant to hard-ball holding people accountable. The multiple layers and financial/operational entanglement of vendors/agencies/governments is not conducive to anyone actually having clear authority or responsibility. Beyond that, there is some operational incest in the sense that employees look to bounce up-down-around among all the industry players making for a self-preserving mentality.

It is really an ugly world in that industry.

I have some experience with the human/social service world in Western New York State. I've seen it first hand. It is a machine that will engage to crush anyone that challenges it.

Finally, the absolute last thing that industry needs (or should get) is more funding. Cash will not make it better.

OPEN HOUSE TOUR OF 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM PA Sat 2-11-17 david.r.feeney@gmail.com

In the coming days, I will be sharing photographs and video clips from our tour of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM PA.

Mrs. F. and I toured this rental property with the realty agent during an open house for the public.

This was a unique opportunity to enter, walk through, and take media from each room in which Sara Packer, Jacob Sullivan, and Katherine Allbright lived, including during the Friday December 30 2016 "SUICIDE PACT" events so critical to the Grace Packer murder case.

I look forward to updating this community in the days to come.

David

attachment.php

Bathroom of 429B Summit Ave, Horsham, PA in which Sara Packer was allegedly found unresponsive by Katherine Allbright on Fri Dec 30, 2016

Attachments

• 429B SUMMIT AVE TOUR 20170211_112057_001(B).jpg
    429B SUMMIT AVE TOUR 20170211_112057_001(B).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 248
David, you truly are dedicated (for lack of a better word), to obtaining every detail possible, and Mrs. F is quite a trooper. Might be more exciting for her if you were following a case in Maui though.....lol

David, you truly are dedicated (for lack of a better word), to obtaining every detail possible, and Mrs. F is quite a trooper. Might be more exciting for her if you were following a case in Maui though.....lol

LOL! Mrs. F lurks on here too, don't give her any more ideas. :)

Actually, Mrs. F is more than my equal regarding the "Grace Case". Most of my best speculation and themes have come from conversations with Mrs. F... "talking Grace" as we say. And it was Mrs. F who suggested visiting Abington Hospital because of her past work experience there. We both share an ongoing interest in participating, in whatever small way, in any effort that might bring justice to such a heinous and shocking murder right in our backyard, so to speak.

And for the Open House Tour of 429B Summit Ave, Horsham, PA... I never would have been able to put that together without WEBSLEUTHS posters on this thread sharing rental websites for these locations. Turns out those websites allow users to setup email alerts when a property has an open house... and 429B SUMMIT AVE became "for rent" last week.

Thank goodness Mrs. F was game for the visit, as she did almost all the talking with the rental agent while I walked the location, counting paces and taking photos/video. Interestingly, the rental agent had ZERO problem with people taking photos/video inside the property... we weren't the only people doing so... but I suspect we were the only visitors who knew the infamous background of the location.

Thanks for the kind remarks. I wouldn't call myself "dedicated". The detectives and LE personnel in the charging documents, and reporters like Deanna Durante and Jo Ciavaglia... they're dedicated. I'm just a true crime aficionado with a restless imagination, and the advantage of being local.

David

CORRECTING ERRORS IN UK DAILY MAIL ARTICLE RE: GRACE PACKER
Locations mislabeled; facts incorrect compared to charging document.

GRACE PACKER CASE CHARGING DOCUMENT: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3258309/Criminal-complaint-charging-Sara-Packer-with.pdf

UK DAILY MAIL ARTICLE: "EXCLUSIVE: Couple accused of raping and dismembering adoptive daughter, 14, were in 'polyamorous' relationship with social worker who called herself 'mastermind' (and 'murderer's' ex-husband was child sex predator too). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mom-s-ex-husband-child-sex-predator-too.html

1) INCORRECT: UK DAILY MAIL ARTICLE lists a photo of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA house with the following caption: "Grace Packer's corpse was kept in the attic of this rented home for four months. According to their neighbor, they had both tried to commit suicide in the basement"

CORRECTIONS:

As per CHARGING DOCUMENT: On July 8, 2016, Sara Packer and Jacob Sullivan drove Grace Packer from 819 TENNIS AVE, GLENSIDE, PA house to 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN, PA house where Jacob Sullivan assaulted, raped, and murdered Grace Packer with Sara Packer as a willing participant. 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA is not mentioned in the timeline of these events.

As per CHARGING DOCUMENT, Sara Packer and Jacob Sullivan packed the corpse of Grace Packer in kitty litter and stored her remains in an unused attic of 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN, PA house until mid-October, 2016 when Sullivan and Packer dismembered her corpse and abandoned the remains in Luzerne County, PA. 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA is not mentioned in the timeline of these events.

I have walked inside every room of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA and taken photos/videos. It is physically impossible to access any other floor of the house without entering other renter's apartments. It is unclear if 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA has an attic.

2) INCORRECT: UK DAILY MAIL ARTICLE lists a photo of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA parking lot with the following caption: "Sullivan's car can still be seen in the backyard of their rented Quakertown home"

CORRECTIONS:

I have walked the parking lot of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA and taken photos/videos. The photo captioned in the article is 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA, not 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN, PA. This fundamental error casts doubt on the accuracy of the claim that Jacob Sullivan's car is pictured in the captioned photo.

3) INCORRECT: UK DAILY MAIL ARTICLE lists a photo of 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN, PA house with the following caption: "The 14-year-old lived in this house in Glenside, Pennsylvania, before moving to Quakertown where she was brutally murdered"

CORRECTIONS:

I have walked outside 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN, PA house and taken photos/videos. The photo captioned in the article is 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN, PA, not GLENSIDE, PA. This fundamental error casts doubt on the accuracy of entire caption of the photo.

More to come!

David

>>> snip <<<

I have walked inside every room of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA and taken photos/videos. It is physically impossible to access any other floor of the house without entering other renter's apartments. It is unclear if 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA has an attic.

>>> snip <<<

A thought and a couple questions...

I wonder if using the term "attic" is an issue. Possibly, "attic" is perceived differently by different people(?).

As one stands in the kitchen, facing the stove/sink/window. As you look to the right down a hall, there is a door directly at the end of the hall (beyond the two doors on the left. It appears to be framed differently than the other doors. To where does that door lead? There also appears to be some type of access panel between the two doors on the left of that hallway. To where does that lead?

Thanks for the question.

Mrs. F and I walked through the door to which you refer. You step through that door to the outside of the house, facing the common parking lot of 429B SUMMIT AVE, HORSHAM, PA. There are no doors, hallways, or other passages from inside 429B SUMMIT AVE to any other section of the house. You would need to go outside and enter another person's apartment to gain access to an attic, if an attic exists.

Regardless of these issues, the charging document makes clear that 990 E CHERRY ROAD, QUAKERTOWN PA was the house (and the attic) in which Grace Packer's remains were stored.

I was taken aback by the number of easily correctable errors in the UK DAILY NEWS article. While one may attribute the errors to the reporter being from overseas, the reporter appears to have been in Bucks County, PA while reporting.

And in other news, 429B SUMMIT AVE has now been rented and is off the market.

David

A thought and a couple questions...

I wonder if using the term "attic" is an issue. Possibly, "attic" is perceived differently by different people(?).

As one stands in the kitchen, facing the stove/sink/window. As you look to the right down a hall, there is a door directly at the end of the hall (beyond the two doors on the left. It appears to be framed differently than the other doors. To where does that door lead? There also appears to be some type of access panel between the two doors on the left of that hallway. To where does that lead?

formal arraignment for Sara Packer is scheduled for this Friday, March 10 at 12pm at Bucks County Justice Center in Doylestown. Room 4202.

By the way, I did take a ride to the home in Quakertown, LE must be done, a construction crew is working in an upstairs room. David, I was yelled at also, but by one of the workers.

I plan to attend the arraignment his Friday 3-10-17. If anyone else is attending, I would enjoy meeting up for coffee or lunch. Feel free to send me a private message or email if interested. David

formal arraignment for Sara Packer is scheduled for this Friday, March 10 at 12pm at Bucks County Justice Center in Doylestown. Room 4202.

I plan to attend the arraignment his Friday 3-10-17. If anyone else is attending, I would enjoy meeting up for coffee or lunch. Feel free to send me a private message or email if interested. David

I am a long plane flight away from PA, but I am looking forward to hearing your impression of the hearing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northampton County cuts ties with agency connected to Sara Packer
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...ith-agency-connected-to-sara-packer/380689414

EASTON, Pa. - Northampton County said it is cutting ties with a private foster care agency, The Impact Project, after it learned the agency knew of alleged abuse complaints against Sara Packer over ten years ago.

http://www.theimpactprojectinc.net/html/about-us-foster.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Impact-Project/579915215419975

This is good... though I'm not sure what "cutting ties" really means. Was the county paying the agency? If so, how much? Were there prior county audits on the agency performance? If so, who did them? Have the audits been reviewed/verified?

Again/still, I see no real accountability. Has ANYONE been fired? Charged? Sanctioned? Anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back