PA - Gretchen Harrington, 8, found murdered, Marple Twp, 15 Aug 1975 *arrest in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“I guess to have some sort of sexual pleasure with her,” he said.

In other sections of the interview, Zandstra said his aging brain had “erased” things from his memory, though at least some of that appeared to come back during the conversation, such as driving Gretchen to a wooded area, asking her to undress, and her refusal to do so.

“And I must have hit her,” Zandstra said. “And I’m saying this because this is the only explanation. I must have. But why? Why would I? You know, I’m thinking here is a precious child. I love children. I have children. I don’t want to hurt children. … I don’t want to cause trouble to them. I don’t want them to be troubled. But I did.”

He goes on to say that he guesses he struck her with a fist, that she then fell down and that she was not breathing and had no pulse.

As the interview continues, Zandstra provides more details: That Gretchen had asked to go home during the car ride, that she was partially clothed when she died and that he ejaculated at some point.

Just before the alleged confession, Zandstra said he wants to help give the family closure, “Because I’ve looked in the mirror too many times and said, ‘Why, why did you do this?’ ”

When asked at the end of the interview if he had anything to add, Zandstra said, “A lot of tears.”

Anyone have updates on this case? Is Zandstra still in custody? Has the trial date been set?

Poor Gretchen was murdered in 1975 while Zandstra has been living his life all these years :(
I can’t open this but it’s new I believe if anyone has this and can read it and i guess copy and post that would help just saying

Anyone have updates on this case? Is Zandstra still in custody? Has the trial date been set?

Poor Gretchen was murdered in 1975 while Zandstra has been living his life all these years :(
At least he is behind bars now, and likely will be for the rest of his life. I can't imagine how jail must be like for someone in their 80's. I wish there was more coverage on Zanstra's legal process, but it seems only the DelcoTimes is covering it and they are behind a paywall.

At least he is behind bars now, and likely will be for the rest of his life. I can't imagine how jail must be like for someone in their 80's. I wish there was more coverage on Zanstra's legal process, but it seems only the DelcoTimes is covering it and they are behind a paywall.
I wish they didn’t make us pay 4 news online it should be free just saying

She was just an innocent child and he pretended to be "trustworthy" to her and many others throughout his life... so I suppose prison (for a monster in his 80's) is some retribution for his evil acts.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back