GUILTY PA - Harold Herr for kidnapping, assault of 5yo girl, Lancaster, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the linked article above:

"At his sentencing, Herr, who was diagnosed as a pedophile, sobbed an apology and was offered words of forgiveness by the victim's father."

http://lancasteronline.com/article/...-in-5-year-old-s-abduction.html#ixzz2Z4asMUfD

I'd be offering him the business end of a shovel, if that was my kid snatched and raped.

"diagnosed" - "sobbed" - Makes my skin crawl.

Sure looks like they got their perp there... but if not, it's only doing the community a service to have this guy's mug in the paper.

If these boy heroes on bikes are also responsible for any other child-snatching habitual pedo being arrested (so the pedo can plead they have a "sickness" and deserve pity, LOL) , they surely deserve some sort of city award.

Heck, give 'em one anyway.

From the linked article above:

"At his sentencing, Herr, who was diagnosed as a pedophile, sobbed an apology and was offered words of forgiveness by the victim's father."

http://lancasteronline.com/article/...-in-5-year-old-s-abduction.html#ixzz2Z4asMUfD

I'd be offering him the business end of a shovel, if that was my kid snatched and raped.

"diagnosed" - "sobbed" - Makes my skin crawl.

Sure looks like they got their perp there... but if not, it's only doing the community a service to have this guy's mug in the paper.

If these boy heroes on bikes are also responsible for any other child-snatching habitual pedo being arrested (so the pedo can plead they have a "sickness" and deserve pity, LOL) , they surely deserve some sort of city award.

Heck, give 'em one anyway.

:clap: Absolutely!
It's so good to read stories about people doing the right thing & these young men should be praised (even though it was extremely dangerous). I hope their families & the community do something very special for them

I wish to see those boys do a media tour and get the attention they so deserve!

a bullied bus driver got half a million dollars. I think a similar thing should happen to ensure these boys get full ride college educations.

I wish to see those boys do a media tour and get the attention they so deserve!

a bullied bus driver got half a million dollars. I think a similar thing should happen to ensure these boys get full ride college educations.

I agree. I would like to see them get a scholarship from a college program and or a good job training offer locally.

Awesome news! I hope they enjoy those scholarships.

It's so nice to see good deeds rewarded. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/15/temar-boggs-jocelyn-rojas_n_3597825.html

I have not been able to find a thread on this yet. The girl was apparently snatched from her front yard and missing for two hours.The boy is definitely a hero but the kidnapper is on the loose !

"The suspect, described as a white male between 50 and 70 years old, is still on the loose, FOX 59 reports. He was driving a maroon car with round taillights, and wearing green shoes, green pants and a red-and-white striped shirt. He reportedly walked with a limp."

Claudicici, I think they have a POI. An RSO who kidnapped a child in the past up in Lancaster. Last name is Herr. I'll go look for a link.

Temar Boggs had a feeling he'd find the 5-year-old girl who was abducted Thursday in Lancaster Township.

He was right.

Boggs, a McCaskey freshman who lives in Gable Park Woods, had been hanging out with a friend at nearby Lancaster Arms apartments and helping move a couch when a man came by asking if they'd seen a missing girl.

They hadn't, Boggs said, so they went to watch TV.

A short time later, his friend went outside and saw lots of police officers and people from the neighborhood looking for the girl.

Police said that the girl had been taken that afternoon from the 100 block of Jennings Drive.

Boggs and about six friends joined the search.
Update: Man charged with kidnapping, sexual offenses in abduction of girl, 5
"We got all of our friends to go look for her. We made our own little search party," Boggs, 15, said Saturday, though he didn't know the girl or her family.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/...-in-5-year-old-s-abduction.html#ixzz2ZOjE6MHR

Sex offender, 73, charged in kidnapping and sexual assault of 5-year-old girl

"You're pretty and I think I'm going to keep you," the man said.

Harold Leroy Herr, 73, then grabbed the 5-year-old child by her neck, forced her into his car, threatened to kill her unless she "got naked" and listened to him, and sexually assaulted her Thursday, police said.

Herr bought the child chocolate ice cream and dropped her back off in her grandma's Lancaster Township neighborhood a few hours later, police said.

The Conestoga Township man, a convicted sex offender who already served 20 years in prison for an eerily similar assault, now is facing 11 charges in the abduction and rape of the child in Lancaster Township.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/...ng-and-sexual-assault-of-5-year-old-girl.html

:stormingmad:

LANCASTER, Pa. - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities filed charges Wednesday against a man accused of abducting a 5-year-old girl from a yard in Lancaster County and sexually assaulting her in his car before she was rescued by teenagers on bikes.

Harold Leroy Herr, 73, was charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and other counts. Police say he took the girl as she played in the yard Thursday in Lancaster Township.

In a police affidavit, the girl told investigators that she walked around the side of her grandmother's apartment building to retrieve her bicycle when she saw a man standing nearby and said, "hi."

He said "hi" back and asked about her bicycle. He then told her that she was pretty and "I think I'm going to keep you," grabbed her by the neck and forced her into his car in the parking lot. At some point, he drove to his house and parked in front, and either before or after that, he sexually assaulted her in the back seat, she told investigators.
Later, he tried to take her to a swimming pool, but the road was closed, the affidavit quoted the girl as saying. So he stopped the car, bought her a scoop of chocolate ice cream and then went to take her back to her grandmother's apartment. When he saw police officers in the area, he turned off the road, stopped and told her to get out, which is when she was spotted by two boys on bicycles who had been among the neighbors looking for her, she told investigators.

Police in nearby Manheim Township say the boys had spotted her inside the car and begun following it on their bicycles.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9175167

[video=youtube;Fd31e02l3jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd31e02l3jk[/video]

Once again the general public has to advocate for itself. The guy is on the registry.

http://www.sorarchives.com/offender/view/521241

No mention of the original kidnapping though. Sadly, you may have to assume that your neighbor is a kidnapping sex offender.

The original victim must be horrified and distraught.

I just wonder how many groups of teenage boys you would find who would take this initiative to help find and save a little girl they never met. If I was rich, all six of them would have college scholarships waiting for them. I hope someone steps up and rewards them mightily.

Oh god,so sad to hear she was assaulted ! I thought she was saved before anything happened.Relieved they got him but sickened that it even came to that.Hope he never hurts another child.

As for the teens,I think we should give our teens more credit.I believe most would have helped.

Man arrested in abduction, assault of Lancaster girl, 5 (abclocal.go.com)
LANCASTER, Pa. - July 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities filed charges Wednesday against a man accused of abducting a 5-year-old girl from a yard in Lancaster County and sexually assaulting her in his car before she was rescued by teenagers on bikes.

Harold Leroy Herr, 73, was charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and other counts. Police say he took the girl as she played in the yard Thursday in Lancaster Township.
---
more, with a video, at the link above

Sex offender, 73, charged in kidnapping and sexual assault of 5-year-old girl. (lancasteronline.com)
The little girl told police the man approached her as she was going to get her bicycle outside her grandma's house.

"You're pretty and I think I'm going to keep you," the man said.

Harold Leroy Herr, 73, then grabbed the 5-year-old child by her neck, forced her into his car, threatened to kill her unless she "got naked" and listened to him, and sexually assaulted her Thursday, police said.

Herr bought the child chocolate ice cream and dropped her back off in her grandma's Lancaster Township neighborhood a few hours later, police said.

The Conestoga Township man, a convicted sex offender who already served 20 years in prison for an eerily similar assault, now is facing 11 charges in the abduction and rape of the child in Lancaster Township.
---
more, with a video, at the link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela