GUILTY PA - Holly Grim, 41, Wescosville, 22 Nov 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if that morning someone could have been watching mom as well as Holly? Checked her mobile home to make certain she was there and not at Holly's first, before moving in to abduct Holly?

The timeline in this case has me absolutely convinced this was someone who knew or had been watching Holly.

Nobody gets that lucky with time. Managing to strike in the short minutes early morning between her dropping son off and answering mom's daily call? No way.

And it could be a person who is not out of place in the surrounding area, so if this person was seen, maybe people didn't think anything of it, or perhaps people thought there's no way this person could be involved, etc. (People that live in the vicinity, or knew her habits, etc,) because you are right zwiebel this timeline makes one pause to think this person must have known Holly or had been watching her.
IMOO.

I would submit that the moved table, spilled coffee and glasses on the floor might have occurred when the perp grabbed her by an arm and gave her a pull. The lack of yelling or fighting may indicate she knew here abductor.

Perp gets in either by deception or stealth, confronts Holly, grabs here by the arm, a small struggle ensures as she tries to pull away, perp brandishes a knife or gun and Holly gives in. Perp takes her out the back door to reduce the chances of someone seeing her being abducted.

At least this is what makes the most sense to me.

I would submit that the moved table, spilled coffee and glasses on the floor might have occurred when the perp grabbed her by an arm and gave her a pull. The lack of yelling or fighting may indicate she knew here abductor.

Perp gets in either by deception or stealth, confronts Holly, grabs here by the arm, a small struggle ensures as she tries to pull away, perp brandishes a knife or gun and Holly gives in. Perp takes her out the back door to reduce the chances of someone seeing her being abducted.

At least this is what makes the most sense to me.

I agree - but I feel the abductor was waiting for her inside her home when she returned from dropping off her son. I do think it was someone she knows and who was familiar with her routine.

Is there any indication that someone was infatuated with Holly? An ex in her past? A too-friendly neighbor?

I just don't believe this was random. The timeline is just too tight. I feel she was being watched - possibly for some time.

If this act of abduction was not against Holly (hypothetically) - was it against someone else Holly knew - like her boyfriend - her son - her mother? Did someone have a grudge against anyone else close to Holly and used Holly as a revenge pawn?

There must be some sort of motive as to why it was Holly specifically, that disappeared.

Any locals on this thread seen anything official or in the media about another missing woman from Reading, Berks County?

There is nothing on MSM about the woman misssing from Robesonia, Berks County. I am local and there has been absolutely nothing in print or on TV. Weather here is miserable right now with ice predicted this afternoon and we've had the TV on all day for local weather. The whole situation seems strange with no information on who saw her last, if she left on foot, where she was headed, if she had a medical condition... and many more unanswered questions!

As per Trackergd asking us to look at this case -

Holly's is a tricky case... reminds me of one I followed a few years back (IN, or some nearby state) ... turned out that a friend of a stay-at-home mom and her husband lured the mom out of her home and once he had her away at some trailer in the woods his uncle? owned, he tried to force himself on her - he shot her with a shotgun and also his girlfriend who might not have been aware of what his real plan was and didn't go along with it..... he then buried both of them in the woods by the trailer.

The mom had young son in school, never left the house and did not have a car ... husband would always phone her at 10, so time window was not that long for "friend" to lure her away... When she didn't answer the phone, hubby went home... found house in condition of nothing too disturbed but gal when out in her PJ's under her coat...

Neighbor spotted vehicle of the perp by her house, so that helped narrow down but he said he only had driven by... LE keep saying they though she had simply run off - made no sense since her child was in school... It was volunteer SAR group how got dogs IIRC to check around the perps house and then got LE involved when the dogs made a hit...

He claimed some crazy plea that it was self defense, but was convicted of the double murder.

I didn't quite gather the useful links I was trying to post elsewhere in time. Hope nobody minds if I put them all here again. All from this thread.

Holly's FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=https://www.facebook.com/groups/222457674544501/

local TV news
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?id=9346259

Search and Rescue, PA
Very experienced
http://www.gpsar.org/

Mounted Unit
http://www.sepasar.net/

Link to single post by a wise SAR professional
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PA PA - Holly Grim - 41 years old - Wescosville - 22 Nov 2013

Link to my single post about raising funds for rewards. Just gathered from what I have read. I have no experience.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PA PA - Holly Grim - 41 years old - Wescosville - 22 Nov 2013

And neighbours noticed the back door was open. So I presume they were in when Holly disappeared, but didn't hear anything suspicious, or see any strange vehicles?

It would be good to tighten up the timeline here - the time Holly left her home, the time she dropped her son off, estimated time she returned, time the last person saw her, time her mom called and time her mom arrived at the home. The time neighbours spotted the door open would be helpful too.

I agree zweibel-----it looks from pix like a very contained/enclosed area--I'd think residents have parking stickers or at least know their neighbors cars and noises (like car alarms, squeaky brakes etc). It doesnt look like she has a lot of privacy.
I wonder if the back door lock was broken or jimmied. And if the door handle was bent and how secure in general the door was.--And her phone--is it a land-line house phone or does she use a cell phone. I'd like to know the position of the phone---on or off hook?
Is Holly in contact with her son's father? Had she been having problems with a neighbor or co-worker?

There was something that I think I remember made me sure Holly had a landline. Heck knows what it was now though....

Also, someone mentioned upthread that the doors of many older mobile homes are easily opened with a credit card. Personally, I don't think Holly would have locked her doors - mom might be popping in, she was leaving for work soon, it's a safe area...etc.

Bet all the doors in Maples Mobile Home Park are locked and bolted now. :(

In the fb group someone said Holly had a cell phone but no computer. The cell phone was left behind in her home.

I think she came home after the bus stop!
Perp was in the house when she entered.
there was a struggle
He incapacitated her hears moms car drive up and took off with Holly out the back door
Still dark!

Why Holly?

This is no stranger abduction!

this is someone that was possibly mad or in some kind of conflict with her!

Just jumping in quick----was the coffee cup on the coffee table? Or had it spilled in kitchen, on counter top and / or floor? Was milk or creamer on counter? Spoon in sink? Coffee maker still on? How full was the pot? And was her lunch made for work? I think this can give us clues on where Holly was at in her daily routine.

OK--back to reading!!!

All I recollect:

Neighbour saw back door open an inch. It wasn't normally used.

Coffee cup was 'overturned' on table - no mention of it being on floor or smashed.

Coffee table was shifted from its normal position

Glasses Holly always wore were on the floor.

Her keys and cigarettes were left behind

Holly's mom said Holly would always sit at the table having a coffee and cigarette before work.

Holly was heard exchanging words with someone by her home that morning.

I can't remember if her wallet was missing now. Anyone?

Just jumping in quick----was the coffee cup on the coffee table? Or had it spilled in kitchen, on counter top and / or floor? Was milk or creamer on counter? Spoon in sink? Coffee maker still on? How full was the pot? And was her lunch made for work? I think this can give us clues on where Holly was at in her daily routine.

OK--back to reading!!!

I've always wondered if there was any evidence of another cup recently being used or washed up. Son and boyfriend's were likely in the sink though, so an extra cup there may not have been noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member