PA - infant Leon Katz murdered, twin injured, allegedly by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if the police have been able to collect any information from the baby monitor system referred to in the PCA.

I think (but I could be misremembering) in the case of Chris Watts there was a recording stored on theirs.
That would certainly be helpful. It’s a shame they didn’t have some cameras set up in the apartment.

RSBM

I think it's safe to assume that she told them it was on the floor because -

a/ police provided the measurement from the highest point of the seat to the floor,

b/ police mentioned padding underneath the bouncer which would be irrelevant if the bouncer was not sitting on the padding,

c/ there is no mention in the PCA of the bouncer being used on a different surface/at a greater height, and she was unable to provide a plausible explanation for the extent of the injuries (such as he fell from a greater height).

That is not to say that the bouncer was on the floor, but IMO it would have been mentioned along with all these other pertinent details if she had said that in her police interview, or since.
Just to be devil's advocate here (I am completely on the fence FWIW), in my opinion the complaint should be viewed with some skepticism for the following reasons: seeking the death penalty seems like an over-reach to force a plea deal; and the prosecution was playing a bit fast and loose by relying on a conviction (not yet obtained) to say there was "felony conviction" and that was a DP enhancement (the felony conviction is entirely hypothetical here).

Also, I am an attorney and while attorneys have a duty of candor to the court (what they say/write must be true) all of what is said is technically truthful - the bouncy seat was 18 inches high and there was padding underneath - the implication that the bouncy seat was on the floor on padded material is just that, an implication.

MOO! As I stated above, I am absolutely on the fence but I am SO glad that this defendant has a high powered legal defense and isn't, for example, an au pair with a language barrier and limited means. That means that our system of justice should work.

For people who think she should have taken AK to his dad after finding his injuries - think that through. She would want to rediaper him to avoid potential mess. Then take him to his dad. Then they'd either have to return to the hallway changing area or undiaper AK somewhere else so his dad could look at the injuries.

Easier to send a photo and wait for the father to come to her.

Thinking it through…

IMO since the dad was home, I would think the best course of action would be to use that same phone with which she took a picture of Ari’s wounds and instead just CALL the dad and tell him there’s an emergency and to come right now.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t want to find myself snapping a picture of the baby’s private area. Call the dad, let him race over to the baby and let HIM take the pic if he felt it was necessary.

Although I wouldn’t even want a picture like that on the phone, it feels like a violation, and once it’s in the Cloud who knows if some pedophile could hack it some day.

JMO

Thinking it through…

IMO since the dad was home, I would think the best course of action would be to use that same phone with which she took a picture of Ari’s wounds and instead just CALL the dad and tell him there’s an emergency and to come right now.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t want to find myself snapping a picture of the baby’s private area. Call the dad, let him race over to the baby and let HIM take the pic if he felt it was necessary.

Although I wouldn’t even want a picture like that on the phone, it feels like a violation, and once it’s in the Cloud who knows if some pedophile could hack it some day.

JMO
That’s a good point. I understood why she didn’t leave baby on the changing table to go get dad or call for him and risk waking up mom. But calling on the phone would be reasonable. If I were a parent receiving the picture through a text I’d be like what the heck just tell me to come over there.

Just to be devil's advocate here (I am completely on the fence FWIW), in my opinion the complaint should be viewed with some skepticism for the following reasons: seeking the death penalty seems like an over-reach to force a plea deal; and the prosecution was playing a bit fast and loose by relying on a conviction (not yet obtained) to say there was "felony conviction" and that was a DP enhancement (the felony conviction is entirely hypothetical here).

Also, I am an attorney and while attorneys have a duty of candor to the court (what they say/write must be true) all of what is said is technically truthful - the bouncy seat was 18 inches high and there was padding underneath - the implication that the bouncy seat was on the floor on padded material is just that, an implication.

MOO! As I stated above, I am absolutely on the fence but I am SO glad that this defendant has a high powered legal defense and isn't, for example, an au pair with a language barrier and limited means. That means that our system of justice should work.
I agree, to us it's an implication, but I don't think it's a document worded to disguise the truth. They know what she said about that, and we've only seen snippets; it could be stated in a part of the document not shown in the video.

I am not really following your point concerning skepticism about the document because of their intention to seek the death penalty.

Regarding the death penalty, that would only be sought in the event that she is convicted on all the offences/counts alleged. While it may be a plea-bargaining tool, I see no difference between this and say Chad Daybell's death penalty for committing multiple murders, which was dependent on him being found guilty of all the crimes at the same trial.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons
Back