PA - infant Leon Katz murdered, twin injured, allegedly by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some evidence that they might have been able to collect:

1/ video recording from the baby monitor, showing LK in the bassinet and NV's interactions with him
2/ Audio recording from the baby monitor, picking up crying and/or screaming from another room, at times consistent or inconsistent with NV's account
3/ Audio recording from the baby monitor picking up no crying or screaming from another room at the relevant time before the call, but picking up NV's voice on the calls and/or other sounds inconsistent with NV's account, like banging around or talking to LK
4/ Phone activity during times NV claimed to have been asleep, steps, engaging with apps etc
5/ Deleted phone activity/searches
6/ Items thrown in the trash, like diapers and wipes with blood or vomit on them
7/ Photos of the kitchen/ baby bottles used and/or unused
8/ Video/photo on NV's phone of LK in the bouncer seat strapped in
9/ What neighbors may have heard

Some evidence that they might have been able to collect:

1/ video recording from the baby monitor, showing LK in the bassinet and NV's interactions with him
2/ Audio recording from the baby monitor, picking up crying and/or screaming from another room, at times consistent or inconsistent with NV's account
3/ Audio recording from the baby monitor picking up no crying or screaming from another room at the relevant time before the call, but picking up NV's voice on the calls and/or other sounds inconsistent with NV's account, like banging around or talking to LK
4/ Phone activity during times NV claimed to have been asleep, steps, engaging with apps etc
5/ Deleted phone activity/searches
6/ Items thrown in the trash, like diapers and wipes with blood or vomit on them
7/ Photos of the kitchen/ baby bottles used and/or unused
8/ Video/photo on NV's phone of LK in the bouncer seat strapped in
9/ What neighbors may have heard
I hope they have all of that, because it would certainly clarify the situation and remove a lot of the confusion and doubts about what transpired. I’m assuming this young couple, having twins, would at least have a baby monitor, if not camera surveillance.

If so, the defense will not be able to argue with such evidence. And probably will take a plea deal IF offered.

I hope they have all of that, because it would certainly clarify the situation and remove a lot of the confusion and doubts about what transpired. I’m assuming this young couple, having twins, would at least have a baby monitor, if not camera surveillance.

If so, the defense will not be able to argue with such evidence. And probably will take a plea deal IF offered.
Oh yes they did have a baby monitor because it was mentioned in the PCA.

I think the doctor meant extreme, very serious, not mild.

An acute problem or negative feeling is extreme:
There's an acute shortage of medical staff.
acute pain acute anxiety

Here's another which goes more towards your definition--
Acute and severe are terms used to describe medical conditions:
I'm not sure why the first examples given above (acute shortage, acute pain) would necessarily refer to severe. Those could easily mean sudden or immediate. A sudden shortage of staff, a sudden onset of anxiety....

Honestly I don't think I've ever heard a doctor use the medical term "acute" when meaning "severe." I've also never seen it used to mean severe in medical literature that I can recall. And in this medical encyclopedia "Acute means sudden. Acute symptoms appear, change, or worsen rapidly. It is the opposite of chronic."

For effective communication & to facilitate treatment it's important medical professionals use medical terms in the same way. I've always seen acute used to mean the opposite of chronic or long-standing. Chronic renal failure vs acute failure. Chronic pain vs acute pain. Chronic anxiety vs acute anxiety. I've not seen acute used as the opposite of "mild." IMO It wouldn't make any sense to say, for example, "her anxiety developed suddenly and without warning [the normal meaning of the medical term acute] but it was not acute." However, one could certainly say "She experienced acute pain that was fairly mild." Or one could say (without being redundant) "His acute pain was severe for several hours."

I can understand LE using the medical term in a different way but not an ER doctor. It's also not really clear how severe the genital injury was (apparently the 6-week old was not admitted to the hospital) or when the doctors decided the injury was from abuse (before or after the other twin was injured?) So I might look askance at use of the word severe too given the lack of details we have. But it will be interesting to see if a doctor testifies acute means severe, not necessarily sudden as that could mean the injury might not have been extremely recent. That wouldn't help the state's case I wouldn't think.
MOO

I'm not sure why the first examples given above (acute shortage, acute pain) would necessarily refer to severe. Those could easily mean sudden or immediate. A sudden shortage of staff, a sudden onset of anxiety....

Honestly I don't think I've ever heard a doctor use the medical term "acute" when meaning "severe." I've also never seen it used to mean severe in medical literature that I can recall. And in this medical encyclopedia "Acute means sudden. Acute symptoms appear, change, or worsen rapidly. It is the opposite of chronic."

For effective communication & to facilitate treatment it's important medical professionals use medical terms in the same way. I've always seen acute used to mean the opposite of chronic or long-standing. Chronic renal failure vs acute failure. Chronic pain vs acute pain. Chronic anxiety vs acute anxiety. I've not seen acute used as the opposite of "mild." IMO It wouldn't make any sense to say, for example, "her anxiety developed suddenly and without warning [the normal meaning of the medical term acute] but it was not acute." However, one could certainly say "She experienced acute pain that was fairly mild." Or one could say (without being redundant) "His acute pain was severe for several hours."

I can understand LE using the medical term in a different way but not an ER doctor. It's also not really clear how severe the genital injury was (apparently the 6-week old was not admitted to the hospital) or when the doctors decided the injury was from abuse (before or after the other twin was injured?) So I might look askance at use of the word severe too given the lack of details we have. But it will be interesting to see if a doctor testifies acute means severe, not necessarily sudden as that could mean the injury might not have been extremely recent. That wouldn't help the state's case I wouldn't think.
MOO

Yes, it’s clear that “acute” in medical terminology refers to onset, and not severity:
IMG_4609.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65
Back