Found Deceased PA - Jamie Metzger, 38, Allentown, 12 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for joining, Shandram19! You were great on the Ben & Cody thread! I'll try to add a layer for health care facilities in the case area.

I've been pondering over what I said earlier about aliases, an easy way to get a new name that might not be immediately associated with a persons real name might be to get married. Is this at all possible? I don't know if you would provide your S.S. number for something like that in PA. With Jamie I haven't seen any mention of whether or not LE have checked to see if her S.S. have been used since she's been missing. Thanks Forager and FindHG for the compliments :)

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

I've added the Lynnville Hotel, the [formerly called] Faulkers Bar, the Kuhnsville Hotel, and the Krumsville Inn to our map.

:seeya:

Jamie Metzger Search Map

I'm so eager for us to dig in deeper and help bring Jamie home! That said, I have so many questions that I am hoping one of her friends on here might be able to answer. For starters:

Last known location - where was the last known location where Jamie was known to be. And with whom?

Phone - What was the last date of her last phone communication? Was that with her mother? What was her state of mind, and did she give any indication she was in distress or planning to relocate anywhere?

Records - do any of her phone records or bank records show any activity since the last known phone call?

Possessions - where are all of her belongings and where were they? Was she living with the boyfriend and did he have them? Did he give them to her sister, or LE, or?
Does it appear she took alot of things with her (if she went somewhere), or was everything left behind?

Out of town friends - have all out of town relatives and friends been contacted? Did she contact them prior to going missing to see if she could stay with them?

Shelters - have all women's and homeless shelters within the vicinity received a Missing Jamie Lee Metzger flyer to see if they recognize her? What about the local Salvation Army and local food banks?

Hospitals/ER's - have ER staff seen her flyer? Any recognition?

Just a few questions to start off with. I hope one of Jamie's friends, family, or someone in the know can answer. Many thanks!

I would concentrate on Allentown, Palymyra/Hershey (where Kortne Stouffer went missing) and Pittsburg. Philly would be secondary due to population, however 476 does run from 78 to Philly and would be on a transfer truckers route. 80, 476 and 78 make a nice circular route for a route driver with overnights. Most of these guys park their truck and walk around town looking for a place to eat etc. I have had a nagging feeling for a while that we have a Route 78 serial killer. FBI has stated that they suspect as many as 50 serial killers are active at any one time.

Just piggybacking on this with a few questions. I have a *VERY* strong theory but need a little info yet. If someone that knows Jamie can answer this, it may be of the utmost importance.

Did Jamie AND/OR her companion live in either a hotel or a boarding house at the time around her disappearance? I've just viewed some photos on Facebook that point to that direction. If yes, which one, and can we apply it to the map that Roses has made? I saw some very subtle, yet quite incriminating photos just by doing a little snooping. If not a boarding house, perhaps a room above a bar? If so, which bar?

I think if we can get a name of the residence/room, we may have a very good chance of narrowing down a search area.

Another thought that comes to mind, is that sometimes people tend to go very quiet and try to make themselves invisible in hopes that eyes won't turn on them. Yet they forget that they've posted images and spilled personal info on social media sites. And sometimes people may have a criminal background and have paid many thousands of dollars in fines and still be on probation, and afraid of getting into more trouble if something bad happens.

:bump: for references for maps and timeline consideration

Welcome, very much Missy. It's an honor to be here with you, to help find Jaime.

:welcome:​

I'm ever grateful for what the sleuthers on these threads are able to find and teach me. We'll hopefully learn everything we need to know to help find your friend, so her mom may know where Jaime is. Jaime is so fortunate to have such great friends. Thank you for joining WS.

Jamie's mom has no idea where she is
at and is very worried. She is convinced she is no longer with us. She is very sick and says she has to find Jamie so they can go " home" together.

I am new to this, but i am friends with Jamie's family and not sure how I'm suppose to be verified.

Hey Missy!

Thanks for taking the time with us. If you follow the instructions on this post

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Verified-Insiders&p=8580064#post8580064

it may take a little while but the mods are great at working things out. Glad you're here at roses request. Once you're verified what you share will be better poised for considerations. Please pass on our well wishes to Jaime's mom and let her know some wonderful people here on WS hear her wish and will hopefully do what is possible to make it happen, it seems to me.

Welcome, again, Missy, and see you soon.

Jamie's mom has no idea where she is
at and is very worried. She is convinced she is no longer with us. She is very sick and says she has to find Jamie so they can go " home" together.

Thank you so much for joining us on here, Missy. Your input is so greatly appreciated. Please let Jamie's Mom know that there are many people who care, and are going to do their best to find Jamie for her.

Thanks for joining, Shandram19! You were great on the Ben & Cody thread! I'll try to add a layer for health care facilities in the case area.

Hey Forager, if Jamie was indeed living in the Trexlertown/ Emmaus area at the time of her disappearance, the closest hospital would be Lehigh Valley Hospital. Secondary, there would be St. Lukes. Both hospitals have multiple locations, but LV is right around the Emmaus border.

Just thinking out loud here, but in Holly Grim's case it doesn't seem plausible that a trucker was in a trailer park community at that early time and abducted her. In Jamie's case, although there is very little info, the trucker theory doesn't work for me either. However, I think it's a fantastic idea to map everything out because although I don't believe this is the case with Holly or Jamie it could make absolute sense in another case. Very impressive mapping!
JMO

Large dirt area between the road and the trailer park, big enough to park big rigs in. Looked like the site of a previous structure or cleared to put up a structure. Has a storm water retention pond. Gives good access to the park through a small section of woods.

Am I the only one who is frustrated with LV law enforcement and the lack of attention missing people from the area receive? My perception is that unless family and friends or volunteers are heavily involved these cases are brushed under the rug. I don't understand!

Keep in mind that LE in PA are small departments with various levels of resources and training. Some are quite good, and other are little better than the "keystone cops". Some departments are professional and some are comprised of mostly one or two families and are rather hostile to outsiders. The other LE body is the State Police who's mission is somewhat different and have little time to devote to every missing person case unless foul play is evident.

Bringing this forward for those joining in, it answers many questions:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/pol...-a-year-jamie-lee-metzger-20150426-story.html

Because Metzger had been living a somewhat transient life, five months went by before the family grew concerned enough to report her missing.

Metzger initially was reported missing to Emmaus police Sept. 2 because her mother was living there at the time. The case was referred to Allentown police as that is where she was last living. She was not entered into NamUS nor reported to NCIC by police.

Metzger's downturn began around 2004 when she had gastric bypass surgery, her family said. The surgery helped Metzger lose 115 pounds but also got her hooked on painkillers, they say.

In 2007 she was charged with drunken driving and twice was found unconscious on Allentown streets with blood-alcohol levels that were life-threatening, according to Lehigh County court records.

She eventually lost contact with most of her friends.

n her last Facebook post Feb. 15, 2014, Metzger put up a picture of herself with a man that she didn't identify(Identified on this thread as "Carl") In it, both are smiling. Under it, friends commented that they hadn't seen her in a while and that they missed her.

In her last text message to her sister, Metzger asked why Batz had called her boyfriend. Batz replied that she hadn't called him. About a week later, Metzger had a brief phone conversation with her mother.

Jaime's sister(DB), who lives in Lower Macungie, gained full custody of Metzger's daughter(8) in August 2013. Jaime's son is over 18.

In October, Jaime's friend and two others searched near Metzger's former home in New Tripoli after Jaime's mother told her she had "visions" of her daughter there.

There's something niggling at my brain about the phone call to the sister as stated in this article. I wonder if it was ever divulged WHY Jamie thought her sister had called C.M.? I wonder whatever led her to believe that...was she (falsely) told that by C. M., and if so, why? Was it an attempt to get her riled up or a ruse to get Jamie to go somewhere/do something?

There's something niggling at my brain about the phone call to the sister as stated in this article. I wonder if it was ever divulged WHY Jamie thought her sister had called C.M.? I wonder whatever led her to believe that...was she (falsely) told that by C. M., and if so, why? Was it an attempt to get her riled up or a ruse to get Jamie to go somewhere/do something?

I was able to find C.M., anybody know if LE has ever located him in order to ask about Jamie? Last picture she posted was definitely with the man. When I find somebody that may be connected I always pay close attention to the backgrounds of their photos ;-)

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

I was able to find C.M., anybody know if LE has ever located him in order to ask about Jamie? Last picture she posted was definitely with the man. When I find somebody that may be connected I always pay close attention to the backgrounds of their photos ;-)

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

This is great, shandram, I think we'll find out more about what LE knows once Missy has been verified. The Allentown PD, linked on the map, has a detective in their Criminal Investigation Division assigned to the case.

Forager, could we get Thomas Jefferson University Hospital on the map please?

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

Forager, could we get Thomas Jefferson University Hospital on the map please?

I've now put Thos. Jefferson on the Health Care layer. I'm still adding markers for that layer and am far from done.

Thank you so much for joining us on here, Missy. Your input is so greatly appreciated. Please let Jamie's Mom know that there are many people who care, and are going to do their best to find Jamie for her.

I will definitely let her know. She will be
really happy to know even more people have joined in the search for Jamie.

My (blessedly limited) experience with crisis intervention and drug/alcohol concerns in PA can start with the police department/friend/self taking the person to the ER where they can be put on a 72 hour psychiatric hold while a rehabilitation hospital is located. Inpatient detox/rehab which are publicly funded are few and far between and fairly short term.
Unless one has been court ordered to a rehab center, one can discharge them-self at will.
My daughter did this circuit and discharged herself in less time than Lindsey Lohan ever spent in rehab. The facility graciously gave my kiddo(legally an adult) a ride to the highway (route 15 south) without money, phone, contacting anyone, at night, alone with her rolling suitcase in the middle of nowhere....literally. I feel lucky she wasn't absconded with that night she was clearly vulnerable and I wouldn't have known.

I am sharing this because perhaps a rehab/detox center might have had some contact with Jamie. I guess it would be hard to get info because of HIPPA

Just a thought and I will do more thinking. Drug/alcohol funding is administered by each county.

So if a outpatient facility recognized that she was at their place, can they contact police/family and let them know?

That is a good question about a facility recognizing her and telling police/family.
I really don't know.
I wish I had something up my sleeve to help. I want to make a positive difference in the world.

There is a serial killer in Ohio. Four bodies found, 6 women are missing. I'm not saying her disappearance is involved but the family has to get her DNA or dental records into Namus. Did Jamie go to any Narcotics Anonymous meetings?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back