GUILTY PA - Jan Roseboro, 45, found murdered in her backyard pool, Denver, 22 July 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The husband had fresh scratches on his face... 'nuff said. I realize they are dotting the i's and crossing the t's.. but I seriously expected an arrest by now. It happened at home. Cleanup was visible.. husband with scratches... etc etc.

I agree 100% I thoughtthis mornings headlines would be of an arrest! ::::::sigh:::::::::::::::::: just gonna have to wait and wonder

anything new on this one??

Just got into this thread.........but very interested.

Looks like daddy did this so WHY haven't they arrested him? Well, we all know they have to have a tight case first. Blood in the house, suspected marijuana (do they think it may be oregano)?..so daddy either smokes dubbies or son does. What in the world was the band-aid for?

Small town. Hum! Everyone knows this family. I think the loopy husband has a girlfriend, mama found out. I think the majority of the people in this town know about the affair and no ones talking.

Like you all say, we'll find out and I'll be back.

xxxxxxxxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

There has been nothing on the news in the last 2 days about what is going on other then the article where the minister tells us about his feelings. Some people around here seem to think the older son was involved others are blaming the husband. I have no idea just hope and pray for justice for this woman.

I agree 100% I thoughtthis mornings headlines would be of an arrest! ::::::sigh:::::::::::::::::: just gonna have to wait and wonder
Even an UPDATE from the press would be nice. It is like it never happened, as far as the local news is concerned!

I have noticed the lack of news coverage the past couple days. makes me wonder who slammed thelid on the info that has been coming out. Hopefully there will be something forthcoming shortly

I have noticed the lack of news coverage the past couple days. makes me wonder who slammed thelid on the info that has been coming out. Hopefully there will be something forthcoming shortly

Mistress came forward and admitted to being with husband on day of murder from two to five o'clock per Lancaster online and my sister who lives up there.

Here's a link poco:

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/225278

225278Roseboro_ful.jpg

LANCASTER, Pa. — The husband of murder victim Jan E. Roseboro of Reinholds was having an extramarital affair at the time of her death, according to court documents unsealed today.

Now authorities are searching computers at the Roseboro Funeral Home in Denver for possible information that will "potentially assist in establishing a chronology of events" on July 22 — the night Michael Roseboro's wife was found dead in their backyard pool.

Police used statements from a woman claiming to be Roseboro's mistress as a rationale for executing a search warrant at the funeral home and seizing its computers and computer files.

The significance of the relationship to the homicide investigation was unclear this morning and officials declined to comment.

more at link....

Thanks Brad ----- the plot thickens.

I still cannot fathom how he thought he would get away with this? Why is it that we are seeing more and more men, who are having affairs, kill their wives? What the hell is wrong with divorce?

I'm so sad for her children and her family...

I still cannot fathom how he thought he would get away with this? Why is it that we are seeing more and more men, who are having affairs, kill their wives? What the hell is wrong with divorce?

I'm so sad for her children and her family...

My guess would be that this was not premeditated....... wife catches husband, fight ensues........ dead wife.

The comments on Lanconline.com are quite interesting!

Well I was just talking to my mother-in-law the other day about this, and she stated that she heard he was having an affair, and Mrs. Roseboro probably found out and confronted him wanting a divorce, plus it was said that the Father of Mr. Roseboro told his son, if he has extra marital affairs that would bring shame to the family that he wouldn't be left with the funeral home business when the father retires or pases away.

So after hearing this, I definately think Mr. Roseboro killed his wife and tried to make it look like somebody else did it, so he wouldn't lose his chances at being owner of the funeral home business, plus he probably had a large insurance policy on his wife, and by killing her he could collect and avoid child support if she divorced him, and nobody would of known of the extra marital affair, if the woman he was having the affair with didn't come forward.
Oh and that L shaped instrument that the police think she was hit with probably was his tire iron, and another theory is he could of been found to be gay like his brother from what I hear, and his wife found out and he wanted to stay in the closet so to speak.
This is directed at Mikerob. Where the _ell do you get your so called information- your mother-in-law????? Michael does not have a brother. He has one sister!!!! You could have read that in the obituary!!! This just shows that all the uneducated and gossip hounds like you just pull this _hit out of their AZZ !!!! Get the facts straight. How could he be gay like his brother??? What brother??????? He does not have a brother!!!!! Get a life!!!!!!!!

Has anyone brought up the idea that the mistress could be the killer?

Roseboro tells her he's breaking it off because of divorce and business threats. She goes ballistic and enters the house after seeing Roseboro go inside from the pool. Beats Jan to death and dumps her in the pool. He comes down and find her there, they fight and she scratches him up before taking off. He knows he's in a bad place no matter what and tries to clean up a bit before calling the cops. After a few days she realizes the investigators might find evidence of her at the scene and makes the call to the cops to make herself look detached from the crime.

Just sayin'.

I was happy to see today that there was some information on the case. Hopefully before long there will be an arrest made. My prayers are with the poor children hopefully they will get lots of support.

Here's a link poco:

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/225278

225278Roseboro_ful.jpg

LANCASTER, Pa. — The husband of murder victim Jan E. Roseboro of Reinholds was having an extramarital affair at the time of her death, according to court documents unsealed today.

Now authorities are searching computers at the Roseboro Funeral Home in Denver for possible information that will "potentially assist in establishing a chronology of events" on July 22 — the night Michael Roseboro's wife was found dead in their backyard pool.

Police used statements from a woman claiming to be Roseboro's mistress as a rationale for executing a search warrant at the funeral home and seizing its computers and computer files.

The significance of the relationship to the homicide investigation was unclear this morning and officials declined to comment.

more at link....

Thanks for the updates guys.

What a cowardly, chitty *astard!

I was happy to see today that there was some information on the case. Hopefully before long there will be an arrest made. My prayers are with the poor children hopefully they will get lots of support.
I agree. It seems as if money is not an issue here... victim comes from money, and the father is well-to-do as well.

Hopefully everybody will look out for the best interests of the children.

Just got into this thread.........but very interested.

Looks like daddy did this so WHY haven't they arrested him? Well, we all know they have to have a tight case first. Blood in the house, suspected marijuana (do they think it may be oregano)?..so daddy either smokes dubbies or son does. What in the world was the band-aid for?

Small town. Hum! Everyone knows this family. I think the loopy husband has a girlfriend, mama found out. I think the majority of the people in this town know about the affair and no ones talking.

Like you all say, we'll find out and I'll be back.

xxxxxxxxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Wow Love_Mama!

Who's your inside source?:confused:

You posted about the g/f 24 hours before Poco told us the g/f had come forward!:waitasec:

I guess it was just a matter of time before his side-dish appeared, huh? ;)

Interested to see when the $$ motive comes in. Doesn't matter who has how much $$, they still do NOT want to loose what they feel is rightfully their's. I don't care if it's $10K or $1m, it's perseption of those involved.

JMHO
fran

I wonder if it could be the woman he was having the affair with who killed Jan. It seems they did not find blood in the house, if I read correctly. Also he had sex with the other woman between 2 and 5 pm..then called her twice that evening 7 and 8:45 pm. Could it be that he he did not want to divorce Jan, so the other woman took matters into her own hands?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back