Found Deceased PA - Jayshawn Fountain, 17, left school in Braddock Hills, backpack found in Wilkinsburg, didn't come home, Wilkins Twp, 24 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
ASN2V4YZQFD33J36XRU4KLPQBU.png

WILKINS TOWNSHIP, Pa. — The Wilkins Township Police Department is asking for the public’s help in finding a missing teen.

Jayshawn Fountain, 17, was reported missing on Feb. 24.

Police said Fountain’s guardian spoke with him at 2:45 p.m. while he was leaving Propel in Braddock Hills. His backpack was found in Wilkinsburg and his guardian said they believe he was in Wilkinsburg to transfer to another bus but didn’t know where he would be going.

Fountain was last seen wearing a lime green jacket with orange accents and fur around the hood and a Propel school uniform.

Police said Fountain is known to frequent Wilkinsburg and the City of Pittsburgh.

Anyone with information about Fountain’s location is asked to contact the Wilkins Township Police Department or Allegheny County 911.

Braddock Hills to Wilkinsburg is about 2.5 miles.

Google Maps

Where was Jayshawn's backpack found? Why would he leave it? I hope that he is safe.

Jayshawn's NamUs entry was modified today but I don't know what was modified.

A body was found in the Garfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh this morning.

"Police said the body of an unknown Black male was found in a wooded area pm Ardary Street around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday."

Jayshawn's NamUs entry was modified today but I don't know what was modified.

A body was found in the Garfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh this morning.

"Police said the body of an unknown Black male was found in a wooded area pm Ardary Street around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday."

Replying to my own post to say the body found is not Jayshawn. He was ID'd as Jerry Gardner, 30, of Homestead.

The search for 17-year-old Jayshawn Fountain, who has been missing for nearly four months, continues as his family, the Allegheny County Police Department, and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) seeks the public’s assistance in locating Jayshawn.

Jayshawn’s auntie, Tonya King, recently spoke with NCMEC, emphasizing the unbreakable bond shared between Jayshawn and his two brothers, Jeremiah and Daniel Jr. She expressed how much they love and miss their brother, and that all they want is to know if he is safe and well. They hold on to hope that Jayshawn will be brought back home soon, where he belongs.

The family remains committed to bringing Jayshawn home safely, and hopes that he will see this message and reach out,

I miss you and I love you. You were doing so well please do not give up now Jay, we need you back. Your mom, Daniel, Big Daniel, your aunts, uncles, stepmom, brothers, sisters, and especially your little brother Jeremiah wants you to come home.

Love, Auntie

Jayshawn’s family urges anyone with even the slightest piece of information to come forward and help reunite them with their missing loved one.

Jayshawn went missing from Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania on February 24, 2023. Later that day, his duffel bag was discovered in the vicinity where he would typically switch public buses after school. When he was last seen, he was wearing a green jacket with fur around the hood and orange accents paired with his Propel Braddock Hills High School uniform. Jayshawn is described as 5’8″, weighs 170 lbs., and has black hair with brown eyes.

If you have any information about Jayshawn or his disappearance, please contact NCMEC at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678) or the Allegheny County Police Department (Pennsylvania) at 1-412-473-3000.

NCMEC:

&

Now an Adult since 4 July 2023,
Check-Back:
PA Law Enforcement:
&
State-by-State Confinement:
[Checked MD, OH, PA & WV on 11 August]

Allegheny County Police:
Case # ACPD23003536

Last edited:
Since then, King says there’s been nothing. Last month, Jayshawn’s picture was included in an article in People Magazine entitled “Gone Without a Trace: Help Us Find These 10 Missing Children.” The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children sent out a call for media attention the day before the year mark since his disappearance.

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — More than a year after a body was found on the shoreline of the Ohio River in Wellsville, Ohio, police said it has been identified as a missing 17-year-old boy from Wilkins Township.

In a post on Facebook on Friday, the Wellsville Police Department said that the body was found on the shoreline of the river in the 1600 block of Riverside Avenue in April 2023. The body was not identified as Jayshawn Fountain, who was reported missing in February 2023, until this month.

"Police said in Friday's Facebook post that the body was discovered on April 5, 2023, around 9:30 a.m. Police said his body was taken to the coroner's office, where the coroner "estimated the male to be between 30-40 years of age."

Oh my. This makes me wonder how many others have been severely mis-aged and that is preventing them from being identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back