WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really feel for his family. This is such a sad case.

IMO he was depressed, if he was abusing alcohol, etc.

To me it seems like he may have been under the influence, emotional, written the note, and gone out to the bridge in a despondent state, and maybe he did something impulsive. It matches the scene, note, and atypical behavior (the call to his friend).

Or, less likely, maybe he overdosed and someone covered that up. But that's seems far-fetched to me, because why would they bother to stage a suicide, and risk being seen doing that or leaving their DNA behind?

I really hope no one who knew him stole items from his unlocked apartment.

The thing is… the “note” was a poem about wanting to be a better brother and it was rescinded as being considered a suicide note (if I’m recalling correctly)

I didn’t see that he was abusing alcohol or drugs (source?) - just dabbling in it which isn’t unusual for his age. My understanding was that the friends (who have behaved suspiciously) are the only ones saying he was drunk and crying on the phone

Apologies if I’m totally off base, just sharing my thoughts

I really feel for his family. This is such a sad case.

IMO he was depressed, if he was abusing alcohol, etc.

To me it seems like he may have been under the influence, emotional, written the note, and gone out to the bridge in a despondent state, and maybe he did something impulsive. It matches the scene, note, and atypical behavior (the call to his friend).

Or, less likely, maybe he overdosed and someone covered that up. But that's seems far-fetched to me, because why would they bother to stage a suicide, and risk being seen doing that or leaving their DNA behind?

I really hope no one who knew him stole items from his unlocked apartment.
This is definitely a sad possibility.

If the friends are involved, I’d think it has more to do with money (he had a large savings, nice things, expensive magic the gathering cards) or bad blood between them vs covering up an overdose

Mushrooms...in the car....supposedly...what if...again just speculating...what if these kids didn't do this on the regular and was sold a bag that was NOT legit and actually caused harm....but why not go to the police if something happened? scared they would get in trouble for the shrooms? kinda vibes with cammie saying they wanted to remove something from the car...

Yes he did work at a card/comic shop and that is how he got into these. He is also a big Star Wars buff and has a tattoo of a Star Wars symbol on his arm (I hve no clue what its called- but it is published in the articles Believe posted a while ago.

I vaguely recall reading of this case in 2006 but was not familiar with JP's movie career and did not following the missing person case on WS.

From earlier reports, we know JP had only lived on his own in his first apartment since he turned 18 or for less than a year. I equate this similar to your first year in the dorm where it would be very normal to experiment with alcohol, drugs, etc. IMO, I think the Magic: Gathering Cards irrelevant and became a distraction.

By all accounts, BPD found no probably cause to view this as anything more than an adult who was missing voluntarily but after the vehicle located, started leaning towards suicide.

I think it was very insensitive of BPD not be be transparent with the parents and family on their behavior analysis performed which led them to this conclusion.

Personally, my first question when I heard this was whether or not JP was taking or had recently taken a course of Isotretinoin for his acne. IIRC, this was about the time that studies were coming out about male patients especially taking Accutane and the link to suicide ideation.

IMO, based on where JP's vehicle was located, it does not follow that he would walk at least 30 minutes in early January to the Sound to end his life. That effort presents sufficient opportunity to change your mind!

And the date (Jan 2006) was obviously before ring cameras and surveillance cameras plentiful but I don't think I'd rest without credible assurance that JP did not park his car and leave the lot with another party. I'm not sure BPD was ever able to confirm this was not a possibility where JP left with somebody known and/or unknown to him, and met with foul play. MOO

This case also reminds me of Mukilteo's Tyler Christensen (April 2016).

IMG_8544.jpeg

This bridge is 10 minutes walking distance from the taqueria.

It is a spot for suicide jumpers, however, because it is not a huge fall most of them survive. A man jumped recently after tying stones to himself and lighting himself on fire - he survived. Some jumpers swim to shore on their own. There are other spots nearby to commit suicide that are more of a guarantee. There are also places to park that are much closer to the bridge.

Nearby theres also:
Lions park & boat launch (15 minute walk from his car), stephens canyon (5 minute walk from his car), Roto Vista Park directly below the bridge on the other side.

There are a couple neighborhoods surrounding where his car was found. Where did his friends live?

View attachment 520959

This bridge is 10 minutes walking distance from the taqueria.

It is a spot for suicide jumpers, however, because it is not a huge fall most of them survive. A man jumped recently after tying stones to himself and lighting himself on fire - he survived. Some jumpers swim to shore on their own. There are other spots nearby to commit suicide that are more of a guarantee. There are also places to park that are much closer to the bridge.

Nearby theres also:
Lions park & boat launch (15 minute walk from his car), stephens canyon (5 minute walk from his car), Roto Vista Park directly below the bridge on the other side.

There are a couple neighborhoods surrounding where his car was found. Where did his friends live?
I this the 303 bridge (Warren Ave) to the ferry terminal or Manette Bridge? I don't think of these as suicide bridges either. Now the High Steel Bridge (Skokomish River) is another story.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

For those who enquired, Tricia had to pull Thread #1 due to extensive non approved discussion of an individual.

It will not be reinstated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back