Found Deceased PA - Jeno Moretti, 15 - Missing After Social Media Incident- Jefferson Hills - 21 November 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's so sad that a 15-year old thought this was his only option.
Bullying of any type is horrible. I have a son who is autistic - and it really scares me to think of him being bullied.
I know the school that my kids go to tries to take a proactive approach to bullying - but not all schools are that way. Our society needs to work together to stop bullying. If you don't want to be friends with someone, then don't - if you don't like someone for whatever reason, then just don't interact with them... but there is absolutely no reason for bullying. This should apply to everyone; not just kids... even adults encounter bullying sometimes. There is no reason to belittle someone or make them feel inferior... If everyone just took a little time to get to know each other, talk to one another, see what the other person/people go through (at home/work/etc)... chances are their opinion would change.

I really hope that Jeno is able to rest in peace... I hope his family & friends are able to celebrate the time they spent with him and remember the good times they had. A person shouldn't be remembered only for the way they died - but for the entire life they led.

Body of missing teen found near Elizabeth Bridge after he was reported missing

Oh how awful. Such a nice looking boy surrounded by people who love him.

Kids/teens have always been cruel, but how can they be so heartless as this? "Real parents". I despise that.

Bless you young man. I'm so sorry you hurt so badly. Prayers for his family. This is devastating.

So awful. This makes me so angry. If I EVER found out one of my kids was involved with cyber bullying they would be grounded until adulthood!

RIP sweet Jeno. I wish you had never been exposed to such needless unkindness that affected you so deeply :(.

Heartbreaking. He was just a babe with his whole life ahead of him. :(:(:(

A few more details in this article: Officials confirm: Body of missing Jefferson Hills teen found in Mon River | TribLIVE.com

Rest peacefully, Jeno.

g10095.gif

Heartbreaking. He was just a babe with his whole life ahead of him. :(:(:(

A few more details in this article: Officials confirm: Body of missing Jefferson Hills teen found in Mon River | TribLIVE.com

Rest peacefully, Jeno.

g10095.gif
From the link
“These guys (Charles County dive team) have a great success rate in how they read the sonar. It’s all about interpretation” of the images, looking at the different shapes from different angles to determine what could be a drowning victim, McFarland said.

Before the divers went into the water, the sonar operator was “80% sure” they had located the body, McFarland said.

“A good sonar operator is worth his weight in gold,” McFarland said.

Anchors were dropped in the water over the possible location of the body and two divers went in, McFarland said. Divers followed the anchor line to the bottom, recovering the body in about a minute, McFarland said.“
—-
I’ve often wondered how this worked- thanks to the dive team - heartbreaking for family and friends
JMO

DEC 7, 2020
Jefferson Hills Teen Jeno Moretti To Be Remembered At Candlelight Vigil – CBS Pittsburgh (cbslocal.com)
The vigil will start at 6 p.m. on North Second Street in Elizabeth. Masks are required, along with social distancing rules.

DEC 8, 2020
Dozens Gather For Vigil Remembering Jeno Moretti – CBS Pittsburgh (cbslocal.com)
Family and friends came together to hold a candlelight vigil near the bridge and his family said they were thankful for the demonstration of support.

“I mean, you can just see right here, it’s amazing,” said Lisa Karner, Moretti’s guardian. “It’s unbelievable for me, for Jeno, for the family, for everybody that cares about Jeno.”

Candlelight vigil held for 15-year-old Jeno Moretti (wpxi.com)
PZEKELS6WVHZBCJAAB4DUK6HBY.jpg

Remembering Jeno: Candlelight vigil held for Jefferson Hills teen - The Mon Valley Independent
Since his passing, a makeshift memorial has been set up by Jeno’s loved ones and area residents on a staircase leading to the bridge. Investigators said video surveillance from the area showed Jeno using the staircase on the 200 block of North Second Avenue in Elizabeth the morning of Nov. 22 to access the bridge.

On Monday, the steps were covered with teddy bears and other stuffed animals, balloons bearing Jeno’s name, candles, ribbons, flowers, a small lighted Christmas tree and more. Yellow suicide awareness ribbons have also been placed on and around the bridge.

“(Jeno) was known as the child that was always smiling,” said Joanne Smith of Jefferson Hills, a former City of Pittsburgh youth commissioner who works in the region to spread awareness about suicide. She, along with Karner, led the vigil Monday night.

Obituary for Jeno Moretti, Jr. | Stephen D. Slater Funeral Home
JENO SAMUEL MORETTI, JR.

Jeno Moretti age 15 of Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania died unexpectedly on Sunday, November 22, 2020. He was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on June 12, 2005.

Jeno was a student, football player and wrestler at Thomas Jefferson High School.

[...]

Friends will be received at a Memorial Visitation in the Floreffe Volunteer Fire Company Social Hall in Jefferson Hills on Thursday, December 10, 2020 from 2 – 4 and 6 – 8 PM and Friday, December 11, 2020 from 12 noon – 4 PM. A Prayer Service will follow at 4:15 PM in the fire hall with Pastor Tim Green of the Calvary Chapel South Pittsburgh officiating.

[...]

Little Jeno loved being with family and friends and making them laugh with his undeniably amazing personality. Jeno was loved beyond words and will be missed beyond measures. He will never be forgotten. His beautiful soul was too pure for us to keep. He is now living his best life in heaven.

I am beyond angry.

How many times are we going to come here and shake our heads and be sad over bullying? How many vigils are we going to attend because a child chose to commit suicide over bullying?

How many times?

The kids who did this, did it to hurt and humiliate another human being. It was done with intent. They sought an outcome. Well, they got one.

Life is full of consequences and as far as I'm concerned, if 15 years olds can choose to wantonly, and with intent, bully another human being, then they deserve to pay the price and face the consequences.

Bullying needs to stop. Enough.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME