US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
President Biden to address the nation shortly

President Joe Biden is about to address the nation from the Oval Office, following Saturday's assassination attempt against Donald Trump at a rally in Pennsylvania.

At a speech earlier today, Biden cautioned Americans against making "assumptions about (the shooter's) motives or his affiliations."

He also called for national unity, while adding that he has spoken with Trump and that he and his wife, Jill, are "keeping him and his family in our prayers".

Biden promised to say more at his upcoming evening address. Stay with us as we bring you the latest.

3 min ago

JUST IN: Trump arrives in Milwaukee for Republican National Convention one day after attempted assassination

Is that on video? If so, can you give me a link please?
I first saw it on live coverage this morning, a much clearer and more close up video than this. I will keep looking for that footage.

*Trigger warning - although it's blurred out, you can see the general shape of the shooter's dead body in part of this video*
Footage shows snipers return fire at Trump rally

I hadn't seen that vantage before, thank you. But if you look at it from this angle, I don't think that can be true, the tree is to the side of the roofline.

View attachment 517886
I also don’t think trees are to blame because they clearly executed a pretty well-placed shot to end the shooting. Trees aren’t going to fade in and out of existence, so to speak, to allow a target to be acquired that they couldn’t previously see.

All true, it staggering to even comprehend.

One thing I haven't seen discussed. I saw something this morning which stated Crooks had explosives in his vehicle and they found evidence of this at the home. I've not seen a description - type, quantity, detonation, ect. But wondering if he brought them along in case he was stopped in a blockade near the event?
Have read numerous articles on it. Not one has stated the type or quantity of explosives.
US authorities found explosive devices in the car of the man who officials say tried to assassinate former US president Donald Trump, the Wall Street Journal reports, citing unnamed sources.

The car driven by the suspected shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, was parked near the Trump rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, yesterday, the newspaper reports.

When you explode that picture. Good lord that's close and in direct line of site!! Best yet in terms of showing us how close a 20 year old kid with an AK, outsmarted the elite of the elite. Unbelievable!!!!!

Noting- this diagram says 130 yards. Media are all stating different measurements, hopefully an offically sourced number is released soon.
You are right, it is unbelievable!!!

She ain't talking, her boss ain't talking, and her boss's boss ain't talking.

I think the American people deserve/need more than a few more fuzzy words to calm the situation.
Moo....

MOO (donning protective clothing):
She shouldn’t speak to unknowns when the investigation has just started. Speak to knowns.

Unfortunately, the “American people” obviously includes bad guys who shoot up elementary schools, try to assassinate politicians, and carry out acts of domestic terrorism.

The American people should not be thoroughly briefed on security profiles for the upcoming conventions. Too many lemonheads among us see that as a primer, not a deterrent.

In terms of failures: former President Trump is lucky to be alive, but he is alive. Thoroughly investigate and hold people accountable.

Maybe do better than Uvalde. Nineteen children and two teachers killed and so far one guy lost his job.
MOO.

I guess rather than my asking why they are lying, which is admittedly not good phrasing, I should ask, then why did he go unnoticed?
He didn't go unnoticed. There is at least one report, given via an interview to a news outlet, of a man stating he and others pointed the gunman out to LE.

Additionally, there is this article where officials state a local cop came across the shooter, who pointed his rifle at him, causing him to retreat.

This AP article has a lot of interesting information.

1. Crooks tried out for the shooting team in HS, but was turned away for "not being good enough".
2. Seems like he was bullied in HS, and didn't do much after HS, no military or college, he worked as a "dietary aide" at a nursing home.
3. The gun belonged to his father.
4. A police officer spotted him, and ducked down when Crooks pointed his rifle at the officer, then Crooks turned around and shot Trump.

“Shooter is down,” an agent on the stage says.

The Butler County district attorney told The Washington Post that the shooter fired from the roof of an office building next to the grounds. The building belongs to American Glass Research, which describes itself as “a full service independent, research and testing laboratory” for the glass container industry.

A video filmed by a bystander and verified by The Post shows the body of a man lying on the roof of a building a little more than 400 feet from where former president Trump was speaking.

1720999708516.png

Building Roofline and Potential Access Points

4. A police officer spotted him, and ducked down when Crooks pointed his rifle at the officer, then Crooks turned around and shot Trump.

It sounds like the police officer climbed up the ladder and poked his head, probably intending to get on the roof and scout things out, except the gunman immediately spotted him. Since he was climbing a ladder he'd have both hands on the rungs and wouldn't have his gun out. Ducking seems like the only thing to do at this point.

It also sounds like the gunman shot at Trump pretty immediately afterwards, no doubt realizing he was spotted.

I wonder when we will learn that he spent endless hours at a shooting range or where he took lessons to be that skilled 6 years after not being accepted into some sort of rifle club as a freshman (and who would be skilled enough at that young age? Isn’t that what clubs are for, to teach skills and not expect kids to be experts at whatever subject matter when joining?).

I’m not sure about this. I think a guy with specific interests could own many t-shirts of a similar or adjacent theme; he could’ve grabbed any one of them from his dresser.

“Crooks would regularly wear hunting outfits and was made fun of for the way he dressed, Kohler said.”

View attachment 517814
I’m catching up on the thread, but this guy looks eerily familiar and I can’t put my finger on it. Not in an I would know him personally sort of way, but like he reminds me of someone who has done something like this in the past. Unsettling.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOO (donning protective clothing):
She shouldn’t speak to unknowns when the investigation has just started. Speak to knowns.

Unfortunately, the “American people” obviously includes bad guys who shoot up elementary schools, try to assassinate politicians, and carry out acts of domestic terrorism.

The American people should not be thoroughly briefed on security profiles for the upcoming conventions. Too many lemonheads among us see that as a primer, not a deterrent.

In terms of failures: former President Trump is lucky to be alive, but he is alive. Thoroughly investigate and hold people accountable.

Maybe do better than Uvalde. Nineteen children and two teachers killed and so far one guy lost his job.
MOO.
The president and vice president have been briefed. Homeland security has spoke with the secret service and been briefed.

It's time the American people are briefed. We should not have to wait week months for a thorough indepth investigation before we know what happened. Americans will judge this attempted assassination based on what the media is reporting. Many live witnesses are speaking out, we have many facts, now we need answers and quickly.

The last thing I want to hear tonight, is kumbaya, hug your neighbor and let's all be one happy family. I think if that's the message the American public will be infuriated.

This is a very serious situation, an attempt was made on a previous president and public figure running for office.

It's a .... tell us what you know, and let's move on and try to heal, or they can let this fester.

Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back