GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't know of any "evidence" in any of this, do we; nor do we know exactly what happened, nor will we ever. And I mentioned the Heather Elvis case only because when a certain state and/or county and/or area are mentioned, and it reminds us of something else we have came across, then we mention it only because it was a "thought" that crossed our mind. The remains that they were trying to rule out whether they were Heather's or not were found in Volusia County, Florida which so happened to be that that's where this GG's outdoor-hunting business is or whatever. Nobody claimed the two cases were related at all; however, as a poster mentions a few posts after yours, that several cases have ended up having serial killers involved. If we knew everything that took place with all these cases and people involved, then I guess we wouldn't be here "sleuthing" about it and/or tossing around our ideas, thoughts, etc. So in other words, I don't feel anybody was trying to "invent connections." We are free to voice our opinions and discuss whatever we would like (unless of course it's against TOS).

We do know some evidence. We know:

1. JP was shot and it was done soon after she arrived at the house, which was around 1pm.
2. GG is the person who shot her.
3. JP was shot in the back of the head.
4. GG buried her body at his house, behind a shed.
5. GG appears to have acted alone.
6. GG is the one who put JP's car in the parking lot where it was found.
7. GG parked his own vehicle nearby, claiming to a friend he was going to get his truck serviced.
8. GG drove his own vehicle back to the house after planting JP's vehicle in the Dollar General Parking lot.
9. JP's mother was on a trip to FL during the time of the murder and came back home when JP was "missing."
10. JP had gone to the house/office to send a fax, which she told coworkers.
11. The fax machine at the daycare was not operational.
12. JP's youngest child was at the daycare when she left to run her errand.
13. JP contacted her sister via Facebook messaging and also contacted her husband via cell phone and they were the last ones (besides GG) to have contact with her while she was still alive.
14. GG had a quantity of marijuana which indicates intent to distribute (per LE).
15. GG confessed to killing JP.
16. There's a sexual motive involved in the killing (per LE).
17. Numerous firearms were found in the house.
18. JP claimed to love both her fathers (bio and step) very much (per Facebook).

Yes we know a lot, more so than in other cases at this same point in their investigations. LE has been quite forthcoming in this case, comparatively. As details come out, we then learn more. If there is a trial, we'll see what all the state gathered.

In this case we have a murder within the family, stepfather murders stepdaughter. LE has said there is a "sexual element" to this crime. Not sure how any of that fits with some other random female missing person case. For instance, it was mentioned that maybe he's connected with the remains of the young female, possibly a child, found in FL. Those remains had been there for many months, up to a year or more and were wrapped in Micky Mouse sheets. How do those link up to GG?

We know about the connections like serial killers in other cases because LE told the public there was a link between killer and victims. We know the killer of Hannah Graham was linked to Morgan Harrington's death because LE told the public there was a link and they told the public it was a DNA link. Both females were strangers of the killer and he had a specific M.O. Both bodies were found relatively close to each other, in an area the killer was known to be. Both women were students at UVA. The killer is on video in Hannah's case.

Madeleine74, the rest of the group respectfully hears others opinions and speculations, including yours. There is no harm in sleuthing and speculating and working with each other on insight. Why does this bother you so much?

I'm giving my opinion that I'm not seeing the connections to other cases and then asking how they are connected. Why is that problematic? I don't know what "sleuthing" means as used here.

Wow just read what happened on Nancy Grace, you guys want to wait to see repeat or get the link, this story just keeps getting bizarre

Morganelli and a producer on the show confirmed host Nancy Grace will review the charges filed against Gregory Graf during the 8 p.m. show. Morganelli said Monday the investigation is shaping up to be one of the more unusual ones of his career.

"Let's put it this way. I actively thought that after 22 years as district attorney, I've seen everything," Morganelli said. "I haven't seen everything."

"Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli is now saying investigators are examining the possibility that Gregory Graf may have sexually abused the corpse of his stepdaughter Jessica Padgett after shooting and killing her."

Oh, that poor girl. She didn't deserve this. I hope the hand of justice strikes swift and hard. My thoughts and prayers go out to her husband, children, and siblings.

I wonder if he killed her specifically because she was handy and easily obtained because he wanted to satisfy his possible necrophilia.

I also wonder if he had a habit or history of being sexually aroused by dead things.

I wonder if he had "relations" with the animals he's killed.

I wonder how a seemingly "sane" man, one day snaps and kills his stepdaughter, because the desire to have sex with a corpse is so strong.

I also wonder if it would be considered "miraculous" that a man just suddenly has the urge to do this, and so quickly and well executed too. Or if this has become routine for him, so routine that he needed to murder his own stepchild to up the ante and increase the thrill.

Perhaps bringing in cadaver dogs to all of his known properties may not be a bad idea.

I'm sorry, my brain is stuttering and I just can't move past this possible necrophilia theory. This probably explains all of the photos of dead things he had. While I didn't see the zebra, or the ape (and I've spent a lot of time in New Orleans, and know how common gator hunting is, so that didn't faze me so much, as well as the boar hunting) I did see a picture of a dead wildcat, probably a bobcat. The photo didn't show the size of it, or the markings, but was a close up of the animals death face, which clearly showed pain and suffering. I won't link to it, or ever view it again, but it was just so disturbing.

I had sort of thought maybe the "sexual assault motive" was that he'd tried to rape her, she fought him, he shot her, then excited by his kill, masturbated. But the way these articles are worded is making it seem as if he killed her expressly to have sex with her after she expired.

Wow just read what happened on Nancy Grace, you guys want to wait to see repeat or get the link, this story just keeps getting bizarre

I cannot stress ENOUGH the caution to take anything said on the NG show with a larger boulder of salt. I didn't see/hear what was said, but I do know this...

She's (and trust me, I'm being kind) not at all concerned with accuracy. I wasn't participating here at the time but if I was, I would have been a verified insider on the Casey/Caylee Anthony case. I had several very close connections to that case (and still do today) and SO SO SO much of what was on the NG show was complete and utter BS, to put it mildly. Of course anyone can get the basics right, but the wild speculation and accusation is all about ratings and not about justice at all. AT ALL.

So I'm just putting the warning out there: unless it's actually been verified by LE, please don't take as fact, whatever you hear on the NG show. Ever. Even if she gets your name right, call your mom and check your BC, just to be sure.

Let me guess. The mother was no longer attracted to him and he figured to take it out on her daughter who may look like a younger version of her. This could be his M.O.

Ugh. I just caught up and read this necrophilia twist. I guess we know what the 'obvious' evidence was.

Disgusting creep!

.oO(And shame on any of you who bicker and fight in Jessica's thread. Delete all that juvenile nonsense)Oo.

I cannot stress ENOUGH the caution to take anything said on the NG show with a larger boulder of salt. I didn't see/hear what was said, but I do know this...

She's (and trust me, I'm being kind) not at all concerned with accuracy. I wasn't participating here at the time but if I was, I would have been a verified insider on the Casey/Caylee Anthony case. I had several very close connections to that case (and still do today) and SO SO SO much of what was on the NG show was complete and utter BS, to put it mildly. Of course anyone can get the basics right, but the wild speculation and accusation is all about ratings and not about justice at all. AT ALL.

So I'm just putting the warning out there: unless it's actually been verified by LE, please don't take as fact, whatever you hear on the NG show. Ever. Even if she gets your name right, call your mom and check your BC, just to be sure.

I recorded it since the DA appeared on there, I want to hear what HE has to say

If anyone has a link to the show can you share it. Thanks!

Sleuthing friends, don't engage. Ignore.

Right on! Thanks for encouraging this at the right time. It can be so hard to do sometimes but it's the healthy approach to one's sanity on this site! :) The "Ignore" button is an awesome feature too!

I stayed up to watch the re-broadcast. I'll take notes.
It was confirmed fax machine at daycare was broken.
If there is a sexual assault DA will go for the death penalty.*
Two guest defense attorney's arguing there is not evidence at the time to convict him. Just because she was found in his backyard doesn't mean GG did it. They haven't heard all the evidence yet.
DA John Morganelli in and explains GG lead them to the body and confessed to killing her. DA say waiting for forensics to determine if sexual abuse before, during or after. (I can't imagine reputable LE would suggest that he abused a corpse unless there was strong evidence to support that claim IMO). (and just a thought maybe he did all three)
Affidavit of probable cause is public record DA say. (can someone fine this?)
Car was found in back of parking lot of Dollar General and family knows she always parked close, she always wanted a good spot.
Nancy questions previous abuse. DA says innocent victim and nothing to date shows anything other than a child/parental relationship.
DA says "manufacturing of marijuana" was found as well.
DA says they know he drove her car to the dollar store and drove his truck home, but determining if premeditated.
Back to the defense attorneys. Want to know more info on GG. especially his background. These are acts of a madman. This case will move very quickly say the defense attorney based on Morganelli's input.
Nancy asking another guest how to tell if the person was dead or alive? He says there would be less trauma because no resistance but evidence of rape would still present itself.
*Death penalty can not be pursued if abuse of corpse. It is not an aggravating cause in PA.
End

I'm just starting to wonder if GG didn't just make up the whole fax thing to get JP to come over. In other words, maybe he called her the night before, or early that morning to tell her there was an important fax that needed to be sent right away. Clearly this all seems premeditated to me. Why else would his truck be "near" a service station, in which he claims he was going to take it to have it repaired except he never spoke with the garage at all and conveniently he drives JP's car to pick up his truck. This is all very strange to me. It does indeed make you wonder what had gone or was going through his mind to make him do something so absurd. Had he done this before to someone else? I mean, generally speaking, you don't just wake up a murderer one day, especially one who kills their own stepdaughter of 20 years because of the need to have sex with her.

I'm just starting to wonder if GG didn't just make up the whole fax thing to get JP to come over. In other words, maybe he called her the night before, or early that morning to tell her there was an important fax that needed to be sent right away. Clearly this all seems premeditated to me. Why else would his truck be "near" a service station, in which he claims he was going to take it to have it repaired except he never spoke with the garage at all and conveniently he drives JP's car to pick up his truck. This is all very strange to me. It does indeed make you wonder what had gone or was going through his mind to make him do something so absurd. Had he done this before to someone else? I mean, generally speaking, you don't just wake up a murderer one day, especially one who kills their own stepdaughter of 20 years because of the need to have sex with her.

Agreed, and I still think there was some other motive to kill her that we don't know yet, and any sexual abuse occurred afterwards to make it look like it was a sexually motivated crime, and he intended to dump her elsewhere and didn't get a chance. Sorry for being graphic, but I think if any sexual abuse of the corpse did take place, it involved the use of an object and his semen was not found. Again, that would be to make it look like a sexually motivated crime, when the motive was in fact something else.

This is all my opinion/theory.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018