GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I stayed up to watch the re-broadcast. I'll take notes.
It was confirmed fax machine at daycare was broken.
If there is a sexual assault DA will go for the death penalty.*
Two guest defense attorney's arguing there is not evidence at the time to convict him. Just because she was found in his backyard doesn't mean GG did it. They haven't heard all the evidence yet.
DA John Morganelli in and explains GG lead them to the body and confessed to killing her. DA say waiting for forensics to determine if sexual abuse before, during or after. (I can't imagine reputable LE would suggest that he abused a corpse unless there was strong evidence to support that claim IMO). (and just a thought maybe he did all three)
Affidavit of probable cause is public record DA say. (can someone fine this?)
Car was found in back of parking lot of Dollar General and family knows she always parked close, she always wanted a good spot.
Nancy questions previous abuse. DA says innocent victim and nothing to date shows anything other than a child/parental relationship.
DA says "manufacturing of marijuana" was found as well.
DA says they know he drove her car to the dollar store and drove his truck home, but determining if premeditated.
Back to the defense attorneys. Want to know more info on GG. especially his background. These are acts of a madman. This case will move very quickly say the defense attorney based on Morganelli's input.
Nancy asking another guest how to tell if the person was dead or alive? He says there would be less trauma because no resistance but evidence of rape would still present itself.
*Death penalty can not be pursued if abuse of corpse. It is not an aggravating cause in PA.
End

It may not be aggravating but it's most certainly indicative of a very, very wicked person and at the very least deserving of life with NO chance of parole, ever.

Well I second that OntarioMom....a very very wicked person deserving of nothing. I will hope that they can get the DP on him though.

Also your point about NG are well taken. Her show is more to sensationalize cases rather than give the true facts. It is sad as she has such a wonderful platform, she could be so helpful, it is sad that she has taken that route. I can't even watch her.

I'm trying to wrap my head around GG killing JP for the only reason of necrophilia. I certainly can believe he would do that from his elated kill photos...there is just an odd amount of joy on his face in those pictures. Creepy. Of course I'm no fan of trophy hunting...will never understand that it. But I do believe that there are other things going on. I hope that LE figures it out. Such a crazy development of this case. As Morganelli said...he had thought he had seen it all. ugh

Agreed, and I still think there was some other motive to kill her that we don't know yet, and any sexual abuse occurred afterwards to make it look like it was a sexually motivated crime, and he intended to dump her elsewhere and didn't get a chance. Sorry for being graphic, but I think if any sexual abuse of the corpse did take place, it involved the use of an object and his semen was not found. Again, that would be to make it look like a sexually motivated crime, when the motive was in fact something else.

This is all my opinion/theory.
Egads! Evil knows no bounds.

So, million dollar question: where DID GG plan to dump the body?

His actions speak of someone who has done this before. It was all thought out, was done quick and efficiently, he was able to hide the body quickly, and was clearly unemotional enough about it to be able to help in searches for Jessica by the community. This just doesn't seem the way somebody would act if they've just killed their stepchild. Unless he's a psychopath and completely devoid of human emotion or conscience, his behavior seemed too cool and unconcerned for this to have been his first. I'm not saying he's killed or sexually assaulted other women necessarily, but the act of murder itself.

One thing on the nancy grace show, it appeared to me the show was actually taped the day they found Jessica so the DA was already revealing their "theories" which has upset local town folks from what I've read, the feeling is he's trying to make a name for himself

Here is the link to last night's NG transcript:

NANCY GRACE
Here is the transcript from last night's show:

Aired December 1, 2014 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1412/01/ng.01.html

HTH....

:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing that caught my eye reading the article posted was a mention of her body buried beneath the shed and than just a few short paragrahs down behind the shed. Bad writing/reporting or
truly beneath the shed? there is some serious planning right there, to get underneath a shed to bury a body....

I'll err on the side of bad reporting, but if not, you're right.

One thing that caught my eye reading the article posted was a mention of her body buried beneath the shed and than just a few short paragrahs down behind the shed. Bad writing/reporting or
truly beneath the shed? there is some serious planning right there, to get underneath a shed to bury a body....
Agreed and at one point on Nancy Grace it was reported in the area of the shed, so it's uncertain exactly where she was found at this time. I'm sure LE know of course, but we don't.

Also, I noticed they were having a house built in FL. I wonder when they planned on moving? Could it be soon and that's why he decided to kill her now? If they never found her body I don't think a new owner would think to dig under or in a shed.

I think it was so irresponsible for the DA to make that kind of statement and state POSSIBILITIES before the FACTS are in.

The family deserves better

Agreed freckles, he gave his theory so nothing is fact yet, they are not going to know for sure until the autopsy comes back, I thought the interview was done like yesterday or day before but he gave those statements that same day poor jessica was found.

I also agree freckles. I really hope that he knows what he is doing and has very sound basis for his theory and a good reason for putting it out there. I hope it's not a situation where an inexperienced DA or one with an agenda is being reckless. Can you imagine on this website that we are concerned that we are getting too much information from authorities???

Well, no matter what we learn, if she was shot in the back of the head I consider that an execution killing. Period!

I really like to think they are throwing all this weird stuff out there to hide the fact GG's ratting on all the druggers he's been dealing with. But...as we know here at Websleuths every time we think it cannot get any worse it does.

I just can't help to believe there is more to this then sex. Jmo

It is all so very sad. Lives altered forever at the hands of a madman. There had to be signs. I just saw the monkey picture. Just strange.
Sending good vibes to her loved ones. What a difficult unimaginable thing to go through.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back