Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brian Giles / Jilly Todaro Update - FOX8
29 Jan 2021
...Johnstown officer who saw her in Central Park the morning of Dec. 12

...searched Todaro’s Franklin Street home ...seized several household items that have been sent to a state police crime lab for analysis.

Giles’ wife, Nancy, disappeared in 2018 and was later found dead and buried along a Johnstown trail.

...last transaction Todaro had made was at the Haynes Street Sheetz Dec. 11...she would also frequent the Soup Kitchen, Women’s Help Center, Sheetz and Camtran...

Police: Clump of hair found in missing Johnstown woman’s apartment; search continues

When police searched the apartment, they found human hair in a plastic bucket, women’s clothing, cleaning supplies and other evidence indicating the place had been “thoroughly cleaned and scrubbed,” according to court documents. They found no purse or wallet.

Investigators did find a letter Todaro apparently wrote to Giles telling him she had found a new lover.

“It was a handwritten note, but we can’t confirm it was her handwriting,” police Det. Cory Adams said.

Hi all! I'm from Johnstown and was one of the commenters on the Cambria County Sheriff's Office Facebook page. I also run a Facebook page trying to get justice for Nancy and Jilly and wanted to tell you all some things our news hasn't reported. On a personal note I've known both Brian and Jilly for 14 years.

1). Both Nancy and Jilly had disabilities, as have several prior girlfriends of Brian's whom are still living. Brian preys on disabled women who cannot defend themselves.

2). Brian was also out on bond for strangling Nancy when she went missing.

3). Brian has a surviving victim whose skull he fractured with a hammer as well as stabbed with a knife. A fourth ex fled Pennsylvania because of domestic violence for which Brian was arrested for.

I fully believe in my heart Jilly is also dead and did NOT write that letter to Brian.
Brian had messaged me lying through his teeth when Nancy was missing, similar to Jilly, that she wasn't missing, was hiding, and left him to sleep around.. this is common behavior from him, as several years prior my own then-boyfriend and I had intervened at the Camtran one night as he screamed aggressively at a girl that she was sleeping around on him. He has several old Facebook posts claiming these ladies gave him STDs. The police sat on my screenshots of those messages when I submitted them to the detectives.

He is about to be released from jail. My fiance's currently on the same cell block as he is for a non-violent offense and Brian's been trying to befriend him.. I'm currently trying to get the district attorney to cut a deal to dismiss or lower my fiance's charges if he can get Brian to reveal the location of Jilly's body.
Absolutely, he killed Nancy and we are frustrated here in Johnstown that they won't charge him with her homicide even now, with Jilly missing.
Jilly was working at the Family Kitchen as restitution for fines, and she had never missed a day.

This was preventable.

TY for the update! Adams' answer ("Still technically missing") to the question about the case status makes me wonder if they've uncovered human remains and need family DNA in order to make a comparison? I hope they can get the answers they need to move forward with this case.

RSBM

Detective Sergeant Cory Adams of BCI -
  • Asking for help to reach Jilly's family members.
  • New info has come to light in the case & they believe only her family members will be able to answer.
  • Really need to make contact w/ family.
  • Also need family to provide answers to questions they have about her personal life (e.g., places she goes, people she might be talking to).
  • Cambria County non-emergency # 814-472-2100. Tell them you want to speak w/ Johnstown Police detectives.
Answers to questions: (Neither questions nor answers are verbatim. I couldn't hear most of the actual questions.)
  • We have been able to locate a couple of family members but not enough to actually get a better family dynamic. The family can really provide some info that will help them corroborate or disprove some information.
  • We're still working the case from all angles.
  • Not a lot of details we can give at this point.
  • There is a person of interest. Not going to give the name.
  • The POI is still in the local Johnstown area.
  • There's really nothing else we can share about Jilly herself--that's why we're wanting to get in touch w/ family. To learn a little more about her, too.
  • The POI is being cooperative "to a degree".
  • We don't know if family members are in the Johnstown area...that's why we're reaching out to the public. So friends who know the family can reach out to them and have them contact LE.
  • A couple of people have been talking w/ LE but they're not really giving us the answers we're looking for. They're just not able to provide those answers. It's more of a "they think" more than "they know". LE needs more concrete answers.
  • Jilly was last seen in the Kernville section of the city.
  • Current case status: Still technically missing. Working case from all angles. 'Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best' mentality given it's been so long.
  • 5:15 (Reporter) Is there anything since the last time we talked w/ you guys? Has any information come to light ...that she may be out.... (I could not hear the entire question and Adams began talking before the reporter finished the question.) - There's nothing I could give you right now.
  • (Reporter) Why is it so important to have invited us here today? Why do you want the public to know about that? Why is it so important to reach somebody who might know her? How will that help you guys? -- (Deep sigh) A lot of times people have answers that they don't know are actual answers. It's more of a 'they think what they know is insignificant', but it might be the missing piece. It might be the link we're looking for to put the entire case together. So whatever you have, no matter how small it is, it might mean the world to our investigation.
  • (Reporter) Please speak to the frustrations of the case. A lot of times people listen when you bring the emotions out-- (Adams) It's frustrating that no one's been able to give us a real concrete answer at this point. But the questions we have a family member may have that actual concrete answer. We try not to bring emotion into it b/c it can 'kinda misguide your judgement'. I've got nothing else on that.
  • The answer to one of the questions he has for family members could lead to a break in the case.
  • Keeping the actual questions close to the vest for now. It could come out later.
  • Call detectives at non-emerg # 814-472-2100. Leave name & # if they're not avail. They will get back in touch. Tell them you want to contact Johnstown Police & they'll get ahold of them.
  • Can also use the anonymous 411 tipline.
  • 7:53 (Reporter) Anything along the lines of "Hey, there is a woman in Johnstown missing. This isn't the first time a woman has been missing. Can you speak along those lines at all? -- (Adams) Not right now, no.
#

Posted: May 14, 2021 / 01:56 PM EDT / Updated: May 14, 2021 / 05:40 PM EDT

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WTAJ) — A Johnstown man is facing charges after police say he threatened a woman at a bus terminal.

Brian Giles, 45, of Johnstown, had reportedly threatened the woman twice at the downtown CamTran bus terminal. Once April 29 and then again May 5. The woman told the Johnstown Police Department that Giles had blamed her for a recent arrest.
Johnstown's Brian Giles facing fresh charges after police say he threatened to kill a woman

Posted: May 14, 2021 / 01:56 PM EDT / Updated: May 14, 2021 / 05:40 PM EDT

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WTAJ) — A Johnstown man is facing charges after police say he threatened a woman at a bus terminal.

Brian Giles, 45, of Johnstown, had reportedly threatened the woman twice at the downtown CamTran bus terminal. Once April 29 and then again May 5. The woman told the Johnstown Police Department that Giles had blamed her for a recent arrest.
Johnstown's Brian Giles facing fresh charges after police say he threatened to kill a woman

Ty for the update! Good for this victim for reporting Giles' actions to police. It seems the more heat they keep on him, the safer the public is and the quicker they might find Jilly. I wonder 1) what the "recent years" reference means and 2) if his threats provided any clues as to what he did to/with Jilly? MOO

Snipped

Police noted that due to recent years and the mysterious death and disappearance of women associated with Giles, the victim feared for her life and went to Johnstown police to file a complaint.

Snip

Giles is currently facing charges of terroristic threats, harassment and disorderly conduct charges.

Jilly was the first person I thought of when I saw this:

Lees said he is working with forensic anthropologist Dennis Dirkmaat, from Mercyhurst University in Erie, and Michael Rice, a forensic dentist in Westmont, in an effort to identify the skull.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torontoperson
Back