PA PA - Joey Offutt, 33, State College, July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with most of what Susan B said. I believe that Joey may have harmed the infant in a very depressed state of mind. I still think that the boyfriend/husband had something to do with the fire and the missing Joey. When the social worker told him that the police would have to be notified the next day, that night the house was set on fire. I believe that the boyfriend/husband found out that Joey harmed the infant and he and Joey had some kind of argument or fight over it and she was knocked down and killed. It might have been an accident but the boyfriend (who does seem kind of slow) did not want it found out that he killed Joey. This is all just conjecture. All just a theory. He knew the police were to be called and freaked out that Joey's body would be found and set the house on fire. He took her body and hid or burried it somewhere and left her car close by. (At the apartment building). Then he acted shocked when hearing about the fire. I believe that he did not pass the lie detector tests. But I don't blame him for getting a lawyer either. This story is very strange and I hope that it can be solved some day.

Has LE reviewed Joey's computer records? Apparently, she was befriending people online, and even got in trouble communicating with a man in CA who wanted her to pose for *advertiser censored* (her mother was afraid of Joey's stability because of her risky behavior with internet contacts and temporarily took custody of the children).
I wonder if she was using the computer during the days surrounding her disappearance. I wonder if she had any online friends she was chatting with.

I agree with most of what Susan B said. I believe that Joey may have harmed the infant in a very depressed state of mind. I still think that the boyfriend/husband had something to do with the fire and the missing Joey. When the social worker told him that the police would have to be notified the next day, that night the house was set on fire. I believe that the boyfriend/husband found out that Joey harmed the infant and he and Joey had some kind of argument or fight over it and she was knocked down and killed. It might have been an accident but the boyfriend (who does seem kind of slow) did not want it found out that he killed Joey. This is all just conjecture. All just a theory. He knew the police were to be called and freaked out that Joey's body would be found and set the house on fire. He took her body and hid or burried it somewhere and left her car close by. (At the apartment building). Then he acted shocked when hearing about the fire. I believe that he did not pass the lie detector tests. But I don't blame him for getting a lawyer either. This story is very strange and I hope that it can be solved some day.
Excellent theory, that is also believable to me Margol. Now that I think about it, it was weird that as soon as he figured out the police were going to be called - that was the day the house burned down. His involvement would also explain the car parked so nicely backed in and the seat all the way back when it was left at the apartment complex (does anyone know if the car was processed for evidence). Very possible.

Someone had to buy the gas for the fire. (Unless they already had it in storage) In a town like this there could be only one or two gas stations. Did le ask the workers there if they saw her filling up little gas cans? Or the boyfriend? Margol that is an interesting theory. (Joey hurt baby, Alexis lost it )
I wonder if she drowned the baby in the tub (or someone else) ( remember that mom in Texas that drowned her five kids..) just a strange place for a small baby.
If she was really that delayed I could see why her family thinks she didnt park the car there. Why go to the trouble of backing up? Unless this was a state where u don't have plates in the front.

Has LE reviewed Joey's computer records? Apparently, she was befriending people online, and even got in trouble communicating with a man in CA who wanted her to pose for *advertiser censored* (her mother was afraid of Joey's stability because of her risky behavior with internet contacts and temporarily took custody of the children).
I wonder if she was using the computer during the days surrounding her disappearance. I wonder if she had any online friends she was chatting with.

Didnt the show say her Internet had been shut down for a month? I never heard about the online contacts. I guess even without current Internet access she could have already given out her phone number and been communicating via phone with someone.

In the Disappeared episode, didn't the boyfriend say he had gone over sometime prior to the fire and had mowed her lawn? I will try and watch it again tomorrow. If he did do that, he could very well have bought the gas and had left the can there . I am still on the fence about him.

Have we been told what Alexis' alibi is for the night of the fire?
Also, his whereabouts from his last reported contact with Joey late evening July 3, all day July 4th, and July 5th when Joey was spotted with the empty baby stroller.
BTW, I have an answer to my own question about the computer - Joey's internet had been turned off one month ago. according to the ID show, the hard drive provided no information that could be used to further the case.

Question, was it ever reported, posted or anything that Joey had been in the military?

TIA

In the Disappeared episode, didn't the boyfriend say he had gone over sometime prior to the fire and had mowed her lawn? I will try and watch it again tomorrow. If he did do that, he could very well have bought the gas and had left the can there . I am still on the fence about him.
I believe that the show stated he went over and mowed the lawn July 3rd as well as bought groceries for Joey. That night was when they had the final argument about him criticizing the way she gave the baby a bath, and his admitted last contact with Joey.
I am with you - still on the fence about him, but as I keep reading the facts now I am leaning towards him being involved somehow

I just reviewed parts of the ID show from today. I had not realized that Joey's purse and driver's license was left in the home, but her car keys were gone
Hmmmmm. It's looking more like it was not Joey who drove away from that house. She most likely would have taken her purse and license to drive. Someone else could have grabbed her keys and drove her car.

Oh and also, I just answered another of my own questions - the car WAS checked for evidence and fingerprints, as well as sprayed with Luminol, and nothing was found (or so LE claims).

I thought that is what I remembered. I think you are 100% right, he is involved. It bothers me that if he knew she was having ppd problems, he left her there with the baby alone. I honestly do not think a man, unless he is a complete donkey would leave their newborn like that. She is like a 14 yr old, parking the car there and disappearing would be a stretch at best. I have two adult sons who are mentally and developmental challenged and there is no way they could carry something like this off. The more I think on this the more that hinky meter rises.

Hmmmmm that does sound like it was not her that drove the car. I think LE needs to press on the boyfriend.....Hard!!

http://joebrainardspajamas.blogspot.com/2012/04/joey-lynn-offutt-disappeared.html
Check this website out for some interesting facts and opinions regarding this case.
And to Balor51 - there is one anonymous poster there who states she knew Joey and that Joey was "discharged from the military on mental stability grounds." Of course, as always we cannot be certain if that is true just because that poster said that

That blog post had some very interesting comments, Susan B. I still don't believe that Joey is alive. With her mental capacity, she could not stay hidden this long. Hopefully the truth will come out soon,

It's great to see activity on Joey's thread. I just recently watched the Disappeared episode as well.

I'm not sure what to think about this case. I have an older sister that is mentally disabled. She has run away from situations where she thought she was in trouble when she wasn't. But she definitely would not be able to hide or survive on her own for long. You never know though, a mentally disabled man went missing from the state hospital in Utah about 30 years ago. He was located in the past couple of years. Turns out he always wanted to be a cowboy, and that's what he was doing all those years, working as a ranch hand in another state.

Does anyone know if any type of search was made looking for Joey either in the Sykesville PA area or State College PA areas?
Perhaps we could look at some unidentified female bodies found to see if there are any who may match Joey.
For some reason, I feel if she is deceased her remains would be probably in Mid-Eastern PA, NJ, southern NY areas. lots of wooded areas, rivers, etc. and easy travel from the crime scenes.

Thanks for the link Susan. I agree, there are some interesting comments onthere. I also have a hard time believing she was in the military. I dont think she could have stayed hidden on her on, let alone be that secretive and planning all this. I just dont have that feeling. Something is just digging at me about this. I think someone else did this. I truly hope LE keeps working on this.

Just checking in to see if there is anything new. Does anyone know if any type of foot search was done to look for Joey in any of the surrounding areas?
In the reports i have read, no mention has been made about geographical searches for her.
I also believe she is deceased. I do not think she has the wherewithal to command a secret existence for this long. Also, just from what I read about her, the children and her family were very important to her - she had no job, career, close friends or major interests. It would seem she may need contact with them for her very being.
On the other hand, if in fact she accidentally or on purpose killed the baby, her shame and guilt may keep her from facing her family.
IDK. I wish LE would take another look at Alexis - I have not heard of his alibi the night of the fire. :cool:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC
Back