PA - Kenzie Houk, 26, pregnant, murdered, Wampum, 20 Feb 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.timesonline.com/news/loc...cle_9c35c72c-8595-11e1-bb1f-001a4bcf6878.html

NEW CASTLE -- Jordan Brown has been found guilty in the murder of Kenzie Marie Houk.

Brown, now 14, was accused of killing Houk, 26, and her unborn child on Feb. 20, 2009. At the time of her death, Houk was engaged to Brown’s father, Christopher, and pregnant with a child who would have been Jordan Brown’s half brother. The baby did not survive.

The Pennsylvania Superior Court ruled Jordan Brown, now 15, should have his sentence vacated because the court said the evidence presented was not sufficient for the judge’s verdict.

Specifically, the court ruled the judge did not give enough weight to arguments someone else could have entered the house and committed the crime.

From your link, joe jones. This is huge, imo. Is this ruling saying the judge disregarded evidence of some kind or had some kind of bias? I am trying to read between the lines.

Pfffft huge mistake. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014...n-shooting-death-of-fathers-pregnant-fiancee/

A Pennsylvania teen has been granted a new chance to argue there was insufficient evidence to convict him of killing his father’s pregnant fiancée when the boy was 11-years-old.

The state Supreme Court on Monday sent the matter back to Lawrence County juvenile court to hold a hearing about the evidence used to convict Jordan Brown of the February 2009 shotgun killing of 26-year-old Kenzie Hook and her unborn son at their home near Wampum.

One of Brown’s attorneys, Lourdes Rosado, said his lawyers will file a motion seeking a new trial, arguing that his prior adjudication of delinquency in juvenile court went against the weight of the evidence.

Boy who killed his father's pregnant fiancee when he was 11 to stop new baby from getting his bedroom wants a new trial

Jordan Brown, now 17, claims he was the victim of a rush judgement

He was convicted of killing Kenzie Houk, 26, because 'he was jealous that her unborn child was going to be given his room in his father's house'

Houk was 8 months pregnant, Brown fired bullet into her head as she slept

He is calling for evidence to be reviewed and to have charges dismissed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-s-pregnant-fiancee-11-tries-new-trial.html

Boy who killed his father's heavily pregnant fiancée at age of 11 to stop new baby from getting his bedroom will NOT get a new trial

Jordan Brown, now 17, shot dead Kenzie Houk, 26, with shotgun in 2009

At the time, Houk was eight months' pregnant, while Brown was only 11

After shooting, Brown got on school bus with Houk's 7-year-old daughter

Police were called after 4-year-old daughter ran out of house screaming

In March, Brown's attorneys asked judge to grant the teen new hearing

They said evidence used to convict him in April 2012 was insubstantial

But on Wednesday, judge denied request; defense will appeal decision

Brown's father, Chris, was at work on day of shooting in Pennsylvania

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-bedroom-NOT-new-trial.html#ixzz3aqYkHW00

Boy who killed his father's pregnant fiancee when he was 11 is freed from custody aged 18 despite her family's protests

Jordan Brown, now 18, allegedly killed woman who was 8 months pregnant

He was adjudicated delinquent - the juvenile equivalent of a guilty verdict

But Brown denies killing his father's pregnant fiancee and has appealed

On Monday, the alleged killer walked free from a juvenile detention center

He has reportedly graduated high school and been accepted into a college

Boy who killed his father's pregnant fiancee when he was 11, freed from custody aged 18 despite her family's protests

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-alleged-boy-killer-free.html#ixzz4Ba5MIUvv

I am sure it upset Jordan Brown that his dad's live-in, two daughters, and new baby were first with the dad, too. Seven more years and the kid is on his own. That father caused this crime in my eyes. And I've always thought so. JMO.

I am sure it upset Jordan Brown that his dad's live-in, two daughters, and new baby were first with the dad, too. Seven more years and the kid is on his own. That father caused this crime in my eyes. And I've always thought so. JMO.

I have always felt the same, Wendy. My heart always went out to him because it seemed to me that he had basically been shoved aside when the new family moved in. IIRC, Jordan's room became a nursery. Can't remember where Jordan was sleeping at the time of this murder.....maybe he was expected to share the nursery with the new baby? But anyway, I felt very sorry for this boy as it seemed as he had been basically ignored. Terribly sad situation.

Just saw mention of this on Facebook today. Case is new to me. Yes, it's sad if he was ignored. But that doesn't excuse him for killing an innocent woman and her unborn child. It's shocking to me that he is just out there living his life now.

And he is basically denying that he killed her? Am I reading the correctly??

I agree with you, AmyPond. This young man is beyond coldhearted. He frightens me. And he is out like he did nothing wrong. He killed a pregnant woman. In cold blood as she slept...I just cannot wrap my head around that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back