PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC didn't one of the articles state that Kortnes brother was going thru her cell phone to help piece together the events of the night? WHY does the brother have the cell phone and not the cops? Shouldn't that be the cops job? Does anyone else remember reading that?

IIRC didn't one of the articles state that Kortnes brother was going thru her cell phone to help piece together the events of the night? WHY does the brother have the cell phone and not the cops? Shouldn't that be the cops job? Does anyone else remember reading that?

Wendy and Scott said Kortne has a boyfriend who wasn't there the night she disappeared, and who has an alibi. But the parents say there was another man who stayed the night.
"My son started going back through the phone calls from the previous night and texts," Scott said. "We started tracking down a group of people she was with, and as a result I ended up finding out that she didn't stay alone that night."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...sappeared-without-a-trace-from-her-apartment/

Good question.

-snipped- "My son started going back through the phone calls from the previous night and texts," Scott said. "We started tracking down a group of people she was with, and as a result I ended up finding out that she didn't stay alone that night." -snipped-

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...sappeared-without-a-trace-from-her-apartment/

I am ASSUMING that this was BEFORE the cops became involved with a potentially missing persons case... (just newly released info from the parents)

Exactly. The family has her phone and *might* have gone through the apartment - someone had to tell LE if anything was missing. So what were they thinking, robbery?

I don't get it.

...why no searches? I think a lot of locals would help, if they knew about it.

The house two doors down is for sale if anybody wants to get an in depth walk around. Realtors often know a lot of stuff.

I've been up and down that alley & walking around the neighborhood so much that someone's bound to have noticed me. The first time I drove up the alley, a neighbor two doors down (west) gave me the side eye.

Maybe the neighbors didn't like having KS as a neighbor.

Oh- the AC question: I really didn't look, which was stupid, but I know I didn't see any obvious window AC units. I don't think it would be unusual for KS to have the glass door open on the deck. She's young, has a dog, it's Palmyra...

I'm repeating myself - I can't get past why no searches. Why aren't people looking for Kortne? It was a lovely weekend, a lot of ground could have been covered, I'd think.

Why hasn't LE cleared the apartment? There's still crime scene tape weeks later. Have they not yet gathered everything they need?

If her father says her car wasn't impounded - where is it? Who's looking at it?

Has any information become available on the people she was out dancing with? Any employees of ASK or one of the quarries?

I'm going to check out HersheyPark Drive where the Sheetz, McDonalds, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Applebee's are. That's Hummelstown, not Hershey, and it's very heavily trafficked. There should be fliers there, IMO.

Where is Kortne?

Who is the perp?

Her car has been impounded but the sleepover friends has not ... I too am confused on why LE isn't asking for the publics help .. they may be focused on one perp and are waiting on either DNA or guilt to kick in ... in any event very tight lipped for sure.

I don't get why the people who called LE the second time did not answer. That is just strange.. beyond strange IMO.

I can also see the neighbors going to sleep after the commotion and not seeing anything from 4-6am.

Hi Sad.

Are there more than two apartments in the house? Or could someone who lived in another house have called? If it were a different person who called the second time, that person may have not wanted to have a cop at the door drawing attention to themselves. Some people want to call 911 and have the police deal with it without letting the noise offender know who to (possibly) retaliate against. Some policemen won't even talk to the person who called, they'll just go right to the noisy house and ask them to stop. Maybe the second caller was hoping for that.

They need to checks for fingerprints on everything!!! Geeesh!! This investigation seems backwards to me. Slowly, more and more info comes out that makes everyone not know what to believe. The stories have changed so much. What about the guy that "stayed over"...did he have a girlfriend that may have found out he was with KS? Maybe she followed them back to KS's apartment and once the police left the first time, she confronted KS and the friend...and the situation got outta hand... The possibilities are endless, to say the least.

The guy that stayed over doesn't have a girlfriend. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say since he's not a suspect. He's not an angel, but he has no sexual motive with Kortne.

I don't know the boyfriend, but the neighbor and male friend initials upthread are correct.

I wonder if her cell phone pinged anywhere other than her house after 3:45 .. "he" could have easily brought all her stuff back to the apt and left it there like she left on her own.

That's extremely risky.

The guy that stayed over doesn't have a girlfriend. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say since he's not a suspect. He's not an angel, but he has no sexual motive with Kortne.

I don't know the boyfriend, but the neighbor and male friend initials upthread are correct.

How do you know that he had no sexual motive with Kortne? I'm just asking. Are you a personal friend of the guy that stayed over?

I'm reading a quoted news article that says the police said they received a second phone call, but when they arrived 'the residence was quiet'

It does not say they knocked. Anyone seen this anywhere else? Has LE's physical presence on the property at 4:30 been firmly established?

The residence could appear quiet from driving through the alley, especially if the lights were off.

No sexual motive with her at all after I figured out who I think he is. I do like the leaving scenario that Meems explained above.. It makes sense that everything was quiet in KS's house and it could explain what might have happened to her..drug overdose etc.

I'm reading a quoted news article that says the police said they received a second phone call, but when they arrived 'the residence was quiet'

It does not say they knocked. Anyone seen this anywhere else? Has LE's physical presence on the property at 4:30 been firmly established?

The residence could appear quiet from driving through the alley, especially if the lights were off.

True! Did they just drive by or did they actually get out of the car and knock? Hmmm..

Yes. The brother was 'going back through the phone calls from the previous night and texts'

This may have been before an official report was filed.

If her sleepover friend walked past her cell phone on the way out, why would he then text her?

::snip::

Gotcha, thanks. This is CP, yes?

Those are the only initials I know. ;-)

Who are the other people she was with, do we know? Did more people that KS & CP come back to her apartment?

So it sounds like you and PBJ2585 are both saying the sleepover guy is gay, that's why he has no sexual motive. Is that correct?

No sexual motive with her at all after I figured out who I think he is. I do like the leaving scenario that Meems explained above.. It makes sense that everything was quiet in KS's house and it could explain what might have happened to her..drug overdose etc.

I have seen this mentioned several times now. Are you and others that are saying this saying that the "friend" is homosexual? Otherwise, why would you make such a statement?

Found it - 'all four returned to the Palmyra area' CP & KS returned to her apartment

(LDnews)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member