PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MR is adamant that cops would not/could not find anything incriminating in his car. If his car was supposed to be with CP, and MR is at home asleep, how could MR be so positively sure that his car would be "clean"? If you put that together with MR's insistence that "we" didn't do anything wrong, I think this further indicates that. . .whatever they did, they did it together.

I am also with PalmyraDad's thinking that whenever Kortne was moved from the location, she was moved in her own car. This is also how/why MR is so confident that LE couldn't find anything in his car.

I don't think anyone has ever accused MR of forcing himself on women, but he has expressed open anger about women turning him down. As for CP, I speculate that there may be many "rumors" that he has a consistent history of becoming violent toward women, though only when he is intoxicated.

I believe these two are "sticking together" because they both played a part and are using that as a "threat" against the other, if one were to rat. In other words, I suspect they tell each other, "If you tell them I did this, I will tell them you did that." This keeps them both quiet.

Both men are very familiar with the law and both have a lot of "experience" dealing with LE. They, for instance, are well aware that LE needs a search warrant to enter a house, so it's perfectly reasonable to expect they held their breath and waited for LE to leave. But as a side note, I believe CP is the dumber one and the "weaker link". If anyone is going to crack, he will be the one to crack first.

And there are no formal LE searches for Kortne other than the limited 2 mi radius one...why?

There's a reason for this, but not exactly sure.

If she was taken away in a car, she could be anywhere...
Could they have some video that shows no cars leaving the house, so they are going on a small radius assuming she was taken someplace without a vehicle? Was it determined if the store across the way might have video?

The other factor is that if they have no idea where she could be, where to start searching, other than immediate area? Is there a river or lake nearby?

Andrea Bingham: Do you know how much MR & CP have been hanging out together since KS disappeared? More than usual, less than usual, not at all?

Clu,

The susquehanna river is nearby and this appears to be a good place to hide a body. . .because a swimmer who disappeared there was not found for some time, even after extensive searches. There are also state gamelands around here, among other wooded, secluded areas.

Bpink,

MR and CP have not changed their behavior in any noticeable way. They continue to party, including at "The Gas Station", with primarily the same people. They are not acting strangely. When Kortne disappeared, they expressed some brief concern, but no longer appear to care. This is consistent with the behavior they showed when a friend died last year. . .a short period of concern/grief, followed by a continuation of their party lifestyle. So I don't think anything has changed.

I'd think back behind Pennsy Supply or somewhere on the ASK compound would be the quickest & most convenient.

I say Pennsy Supply because it's a prominent and long standing fixture along 422. Anyone who's spent any time in the area has driven past it. The front building is quite nice, looks like an oversized old home. The working quarry area is well hidden from 422 at that location. The quarry part isn't next to a state route or anything.

We checked Gravel Hill cemetery for dates that could line up. =\

Out near the racetrack are miles of woods and a military installation.

As has been speculated, I don't think they'd go far, if it's the identified possibilities. CP is not a native, but MR might know the county pretty well.

There are lots of little access areas along the Susquehanna, but I don't know anyone's level of familiarity with the river.

It's tough. We have a lot of green space. A mile or two north or south of 422 could feel like wilderness. Directly behind my house looks like a forest.

What I'm saying is that even within just 5 miles, there are dozens, maybe hundreds of spots where it's entirely possible that something wouldn't be found for a very long time if ever.

It sounds awful, but hunting season might be the next likely discovery period. Every year hunters stumble across something.

I guess that's typical everywhere.

I hope it's not during harvest time.

Where are you, Kortne?

Ok - I'm all caught up.

Great questions and thoughts today by all of you.

Andrea - do you know how Kortne woudl know these people? Highschool, horses, etc?

Two things I wanted to talk about is how on the date of Kortne's disappearance there were postings on Facebook from MR basically saying how it was a crazy night and aplogizing for drunk texts and one thing that he said that really raised the hair on my arms was something along the lines when asked about the night being crazy - that he didn't want to talk about it. Just found that odd.

Also - it appears that CP & MR and a few others have taken a road trip and are now on a mini vacation in Maryland.

My first thought was that if they are guilty - was that they know that time is ticking and this may be their last shebang.

Who knows.

In this scenario, how does her car get back to her apartment with the keys in it?

To other locals who are younger than me (practically anyone)-

Who stays at The Gas Station long enough to get wasted? Srsly. The drinks arent particularly interesting or cheap, there's no dancing -is there?- and the food is pedestrian at best.

Aren't there a fair number of tourist families there in summer?

Just seems like a dorky place to be on a summer weekend unless I missed a memo that wasn't distributed to old people.

Lol no, it is, and parking sucks. I've been there a couple times for grad student assoc happy hour and had a good time, but certainly no dancing. And when I go there I walk so I don't have to park.

Eta..I see CW says otherwise. Maybe I'm on the old people memo list, too.

Ok - I'm all caught up.

Great questions and thoughts today by all of you.

Andrea - do you know how Kortne woudl know these people? Highschool, horses, etc?

Two things I wanted to talk about is how on the date of Kortne's disappearance there were postings on Facebook from MR basically saying how it was a crazy night and aplogizing for drunk texts and one thing that he said that really raised the hair on my arms was something along the lines when asked about the night being crazy - that he didn't want to talk about it. Just found that odd.

Also - it appears that CP & MR and a few others have taken a road trip and are now on a mini vacation in Maryland.

My first thought was that if they are guilty - was that they know that time is ticking and this may be their last shebang.

Who knows.

What? They left the state?

That's not good.

LivingJuicy,

KS knows CP and MR from their mutual party lifestyles. A deceased man who has not been named in the case (and has nothing to do with it) was a very charismatic individual who brought a lot of people together. He was the "glue" that held the group together and his friendliness and open personality led to many friendships being formed around him.

I noticed the same things on Facebook that you listed, but I was afraid of mentioning it here because I did not want to inadvertently break any more rules. Something else that strikes me about Facebook is that both CP and MR claim on Facebook to not be able to remember much. . .yet gave detailed accounts to LE and media. They also admit to having used each other's phones, which further indicates they spent quite some time together on the night in question.

Regarding their trip (I didn't even notice this) I believe it is a trip for a friend's birthday.

Lol no, it is, and parking sucks. I've been there a couple times for grad student assoc happy hour and had a good time, but certainly no dancing. And when I go there I walk so I don't have to park.

Ha! cw028 would disagree. Parking does suck.

I wonder where Kortne would have parked. If she didn't get there till after 10:00, is that ice cream place across the street closed?

Thanks Andrea.

I concur with all of which you stated. You know, to wonder if there was an accident that happened maybe involving drugs or what not, seems not even an option at this point based on how these characters are described.

The other question that still looms in my mind is why the neighbor never answered the door the second time around.

Ha! cw028 would disagree. Parking does suck.

I wonder where Kortne would have parked. If she didn't get there till after 10:00, is that ice cream place across the street closed?

Yah I think it would be...PJs. Have to admit I am usually winding down by ten though lol, so I could be wrong.

The glaring question about the neighbor is a loose end I haven't been able to tie up in my mind. But it's difficult to discuss here because the neighbor is not yet open for sleuthing. I guess it is possible that the media has incorrectly reported this and there is nothing more to the story. . .but it is equally possible that this IS relevant. I can't think of any plausible reasons (other than incorrect reporting or killing Kortne) for why one would call the police. . .then refuse to answer the door when they responded.

If MR is the smarter of the two and CP is not a local. Where would MR feel comfortable and/or familiar? Besides horses and partying, what does he like to do?

Someone mentioned the tight search radius which LE set up. I wonder if it could possibly be because they do have video of one of the cars leaving and coming back quickly? They timed the driving and are searching accordingly. Just a thought ...

LE was not very persistent, I guess.
I had some officers at my door one night/morning around 4am, as the people in another house had called 911 and did not answer, so they wanted to know if I saw or heard anything.

But...I thought CP dropped MR off and drove KS home in the Acura. Wasn't the Acura there at 0730?
Yes, that came out later. CP initially said he walked to his friend's house that morning. IIRC. Whole thing is too convoluted.

I'm sure CP initially said he walked because he knew he wasn't supposed to be behind the wheel of a car.

I can't believe LE has nothing at all to say about Kortne. Geez, they were practically the last people to see her...a statement would not be amiss, IMO...

Hi everyone, something hgas been nagging me since day one...do we know for sure that the first police call from neighbor was due to Kortne arguing with *another* neighbor, ie could it just as well been Kortne arguing with someone she came home from the bar with?
Cops come, Kortne et al and neighbor all told to go inside.
Back in apt, arguing heats up, different neighbor calls.
Still, tho, nothing explains silence after 2nd call.

LE was not very persistent, I guess.
I had some officers at my door one night/morning around 4am, as the people in another house had called 911 and did not answer, so they wanted to know if I saw or heard anything.

That sounds better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member