PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traffic cameras were recently added to every controlled intersection from Annville to Hershey and I think they are now active. I wonder if that footage has been or is being examined. It would help nail down some times because the group almost certainly passed through the intersection at Main Street and Lingle Avenue on the way to KS's apartment.

And out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palmyra police Chief Stanley J. Jasinski Jr. has not released any information to the media. He did not participate in the search Wednesday.

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21267959/search-missing-palmyra-woman-turns-up-no-new

Not finding fault with LE at all...Opinion: they know she's not local.

This is what I find odd ...

-snipped from quoted article- Police gathered the group, including family and friends, -snipped-

From what I have read in other missing persons cases, the family is usally discouraged from participating in searches ..

Could mean something ... could mean nothing BUT .. the girl who is making the Come Home T-shirts to raise money for the reward fund .. has either removed her facebook account or has set it to private ... Maybe she just needs a break?? Maybe she is overwhelmed with emotion?? Maybe she is getting more orders than she can keep up with?? ... Maybe there is "new news" we don't know about yet and no need to keep making shirts... :(

UPDATE to this post .. Orders for t-shirts are still being taken at a gmail account addy by another person on the same facebook page.

Maybe she's in a different municipal jurisdiction. The quarry where I was sits in a different township.

My intuition isn't very good for this kind of thing. I can pick at the threads of a puzzle, but I'm bad at intuiting stuff without facts.

Has the family still been out searching on horseback?

Has there not been anyone searching for over a week or so?

Nothing makes sense to me....if what other WSers say about not many "concerns" voiced of friends on FB, etc.....it's as if she vanished and only a few seem concerned....

As has been stated here numerous times, if I lived in Palmyra, I would be demanding LE to tell me if I should fear or have concerns if I had a young daughter in the area.

This is what I find odd ...

-snipped from quoted article- Police gathered the group, including family and friends, -snipped-

From what I have read in other missing persons cases, the family is usally discouraged from participating in searches ..

Yes. This search appeared more controlled than in other cases I've read about.

In any event, can't link it, but recall reading that during search when clothing [not linked to Kortne] was announced to be seen/spotted during the search, Father did not proceed further into that vicinity (overcome with fear-my presumption only).

I just really hope LE is on their "A Game" with this one ... I hope they didn't wait too long to take this case seriously. I hope no news .. is good news ... (as good as news can be in bringing Kortne home in any event)

I just really hope LE is on their "A Game" with this one ... I hope they didn't wait too long to take this case seriously. I hope no news .. is good news ... (as good as news can be in bringing Kortne home in any event)

Respectfully BBM.

Personally, I don't think so. Kortne was 21 yo. Clearly, an adult living with an adult partner.

A complaint was called in. LE responded and advised all to return to their respective apartments as is common when young people are up late after partying and a complaint has been called in due to a disturbance to another.

Second call goes in to LE. All appears quiet. No response. Another weekend night re young adults.

Mother holds back until Monday even though unable to make contact with daughter. She's not hovering. Not helicopter parents, but more than good-enough-parents: both of them.

Hindsight is 20/20 because Kortne went missing. Should LE have gotten a search warrant and entered Kortne's apartment that morning, the next, on Monday? Personally, I don't think so.

When LE did enter Kortne's apartment, the search warrant was sealed. I believe they have it under control. Doesn't mean they have enough. Additionally, other agencies are involved and assisting.

If LE never knocked on the door, why would they ask CP why he didn't answer when they knocked? If they already knew they hadn't knocked, there would be no reason to ask this question.

If LE never knocked on the door, why would they ask CP why he didn't answer when they knocked? If they already knew they hadn't knocked, there would be no reason to ask this question.

possibly a trick question??? They didn't knock but CP says they didn't hear them knock, possibly covering himself...KS and CP may not have even been there at the second LE visit...but he figured he better come up with something since they asked him about not answering the door....

I still want to know if KS was the only one LE saw at 3:45....did they know that she had friend(s) there????

Wonder if local media tried to interview neighbor about the confrontation?

I suppose some believe it would be because LE is simply covering up because they may have not knocked and bear responsibility since Kortne went missing after two calls into LE. I can understand that, but...

I'm not there yet. LE did not disappear Kortne.

In this case, at this point in time, I find it hard to believe Guest did not hear LE knocking particularly since he stated that Kortne was stomping around because she was still steaming about the original complaint.

Now, had Guest said: We didn't respond to LE the second time because K stomped around deliberately (in which case, she/he should be expecting another LE appearance) and I/she did not want to deal with LE again>that I might believe.

He said he didn't hear them, and neither did Kortne. Not buying it.

Not buying any of their bs. How the heck would he know if Kortne heard them or not? Those besties are lying. Both of them. Possibly the oh so upstanding Sr too. JMO and MOO.

possibly a trick question??? They didn't knock but CP says they didn't hear them knock, possibly covering himself...KS and CP may not have even been there at the second LE visit...but he figured he better come up with something since they asked him about not answering the door....

I still want to know if KS was the only one LE saw at 3:45....did they know that she had friend(s) there????

Wonder if local media tried to interview neighbor about the confrontation?

Respectfully BBM.

I can't link it at the moment, but if referring to tenant/neighbor of second complaint, one article I read reported at the time that downstairs neighbor did not answer door when reporter sought comment/info.

Personally, can't guarantee I would open my door, in this day and age, to any media.

Not buying any of their bs. How the heck would he know if Kortne heard them or not? Those besties are lying. Both of them. Possibly the oh so upstanding Sr too. JMO and MOO.

Let's say Guest could not hear LE knocking: can't recall exactly what PDad stated about ability to hear in the house. Assumption is Guest was not asleep on 3rd floor or wherever Kortne was...

He said she was stomping around...neither are naive: one does not have to hear cops knocking>you assume they're gonna return.

Another way out Guest had (for someone like me): He could have said-I figured LE would return, so lights turned off, etc.; heard LE car arrive, saw lights, but I decided not to get up and address it.

I'd buy that.

Nope. Guest was asleep.

Whether LE knocked or not, does not make me think they did anything to Kortne, if that is being suggested...just that there is a chance there was a lazy or less-than-dutiful LEO on duty. But if the officer really did not knock, would he have admitted to it, to his supervisor, once she came up missing? Only he/she may know.

I guess IF they did knock and the male is saying Kortne did not hear them either, that could be surmised by the fact that she did not answer it, I guess.

*Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to add ... Them having that particular drug to begin with could/would most likely launch an investigation into horse doping .. why else would they have it? (Not saying this is fact .. only thinking .. I have no proof or have even heard they are involved with this particular drug)

To carry on - I'd think MR would be the one with more access to this or something like it - perhaps he gave it to them, and given his line of work particularly, I imagine if that came out, it would be very bad for him. Hence the insistance that he wasn't present.

On the topic of 'why' - if they were people who partied regularly, it's pretty common in those circles to end the night with a different drug for sleep. It had been a busy night, and it sounds like it came to a pretty sudden end with the neighbour/police incident.

All totally speculation on my part though!

While we are waiting on some good news.

Palmyra has a population of around 7,300
Doesn't seem to have any major crime - no murders from the chart here (1/2 way down page)
It shows they have 9 LE positions - doesn't seem like many or that perhaps no "detectives" on staff....

or is the County sheriff investigating Cortne's disappearance?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Palmyra-Pennsylvania.html

We have one murder from 1993....Guy Goodman. It was featured on one of those crime shows on the ID Channel a while back. Other than that I am pretty sure we have been murder free.

There are a couple 'questionable' areas of town but even in those areas I still feel pretty safe walking at night.

Most crime here seems to be drug related and a group of little hooligans who like to vandalize people's property.

Catch him in yet another slight variation of the story?

There are holes in CP's story. Knock vs no knock is not the only questionable element here, IMO.

Could the reason these records are sealed be because KS and her BF were being investigated for something before she went missing?

I think we are missing some info here.

JMO

I dont think these guys would harm her after the cops had been there 2 times already.
They might not be who u want your daughter to bring home but im not seeing it!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member