PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the downstairs neighbor is the only person she had issues with. It is her apartment and the downstairs apartment in that building and I believe the attached home is a single dwelling. The owner of the single dwelling spoke to reporters that he heard nothing that night and hardly knew Kortne so I assume he didn't make any of the calls.

Correct.

At least one piece of the puzzle was answered (for me anyway). The neighbour who called was the same neighbour both times.

Watching her dad breaks my heart every single time. :cry:

So does that leave basically two people, the overnighter and the neighbor, who could possibly have had both access and motive to harm Kortne between 3am-7am approximately? If so, that certainly narrows it down, if one believes, as I do, that she did not simply decide to leave home in the middle of the night without any of her belongings, and if there were not any calls to or from a third party around this time to/from someone else Kortne could have gone off with.

I've read that Kortne's car had a flat, hence Part of her "bad day". I'm wondering if this has been proven as fact yet. If so, is it possible her car still had a flat & that's why her keys were left in it? Like maybe she got into her car but was still a lil drunk so she forgot she had a flat, when she realized it then she just got out but forgot the keys?

I know I know - I'm late to this...better go to the beginning & read.

Also, I did a 411 reverse address search on her building. It shows the people that live there. One of the guys has a Fubar acct. what is Fubar? Is it like FB or is it like AFF?

So does that leave basically two people, the overnighter and the neighbor, who could possibly have had both access and motive to harm Kortne between 3am-7am approximately? If so, that certainly narrows it down, if one believes, as I do, that she did not simply decide to leave home in the middle of the night without any of her belongings, and if there were not any calls to or from a third party around this time to/from someone else Kortne could have gone off with.

I'm curious if the neighbor is the one that lives alone or the one with a spouse...

I agree clu.

I watched the segment. That was the first warrant, a couple of weeks ago.

The second warrant included Criminal Homicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is what makes me think that some type of forensics turned up allowing the second warrant supporting a theory of Criminal Homicide. i dont think le can get a warrant for things without some type of evidence... could they get a warrant for criminal homicide with only circumstantial evidence?

Father said her cigs were there, wonder if her lighter was with them? Still can't get over nothing from the neighbor, not a word. Have to wonder if police are looking at him at all. Did her father say if he talk to him at all?

this is what makes me think that some type of forensics turned up allowing the second warrant supporting a theory of Criminal Homicide. i dont think le can get a warrant for things without some type of evidence... could they get a warrant for criminal homicide with only circumstantial evidence?

If they found something that indicated the victim was unable to sustain life, they can use Criminal Homicide, which includes manslaughter, IIRC. I posted the particulars of Criminal Homicide somewhere up thread.

I hate typing this - if large quantities of blood or some brain matter were found, that might indicate that the victim had been rendered incapable of sustaining life. Ugh.

Going from memory after watching JVM last night. Two people were mentioned. The friend and a buddy. So three possible persons of interest, imo

Morning all! Hopefully today is the day that we get a break here. We hear something! And wishful thinking- that Kortne is okay.

So no evidence found in her apartment that warrants her being missing. If she were strangled there would be no "evidence." I think. Did they have a cadaver dog search her place?

I can't remember and I'm spinning my own wheels with what little we know.

My thought today - motive.

Sex, drugs, money? I'm not ruling CP out but I am really curious about her neighbor/s.

Motive - fighting and previous issues with a neighbor. For all we know it could be a male neighbor that made her uncomfortable in the past. Just creating a scenario as I type. Maybe a male who hits on her occasionally, she rejects him, he get's angry, he sort of stalks her, he calls the police over nonsense.

Just curious and by no means sleuthing anyone.

Wish we knew more.

Morning all! Hopefully today is the day that we get a break here. We hear something! And wishful thinking- that Kortne is okay.

So no evidence found in her apartment that warrants her being missing. If she were strangled there would be no "evidence." I think. Did they have a cadaver dog search her place?

I can't remember and I'm spinning my own wheels with what little we know.

My thought today - motive.

Sex, drugs, money? I'm not ruling CP out but I am really curious about her neighbor/s.

Motive - fighting and previous issues with a neighbor. For all we know it could be a male neighbor that made her uncomfortable in the past. Just creating a scenario as I type. Maybe a male who hits on her occasionally, she rejects him, he get's angry, he sort of stalks her, he calls the police over nonsense.

Just curious and by no means sleuthing anyone.

Wish we knew more.

From the August 9 WHP21 report:

"Also, police officers were back at Kortne's apartment Thursday with a dog that's trained to find missing as well as human remains."

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...e-missing-Palmyra/m5KhVLjUlUGTHWK6O6JN6Q.cspx

Going from memory after watching JVM last night. Two people were mentioned. The friend and a buddy. So three possible persons of interest, imo

Buddy says he was never there and no one has said otherwise. Would be pretty nervy (and stupid) to say he was not there if he was; neighbor might contradict him, overnight guy might, or even LE might have seen him.

As far as the search warrant, could that be the wording needed to get the warrants?

I don't believe there was a crime scene inside the apartment; certainly her mother would have noticed.

If they found something that indicated the victim was unable to sustain life, they can use Criminal Homicide, which includes manslaughter, IIRC. I posted the particulars of Criminal Homicide somewhere up thread.

I hate typing this - if large quantities of blood or some brain matter were found, that might indicate that the victim had been rendered incapable of sustaining life. Ugh.

with that in mind, do they still have a car impounded? i remember reading that there was but i have no idea where in the first thread... anyway, this may be why her father thinks that whatever happened to her happened outside of the apartment. moo it doesnt seem that the family believes that she is still alive - i guess that they just have to find her now. imo, the neighbor doesnt have anything to do with it, if he was going to get violent with her he would have prolly done something before this point and there are way too many red flags with the mr & cp ...

Buddy says he was never there and no one has said otherwise. Would be pretty nervy (and stupid) to say he was not there if he was; neighbor might contradict him, overnight guy might, or even LE might have seen him.

As far as the search warrant, could that be the wording needed to get the warrants?

I don't believe there was a crime scene inside the apartment; certainly her mother would have noticed.

CP has never put MR in KS's apartment and I'm betting he would, if MR had been there.

That could possibly be why they added that wording. Maybe they can dig into more stuff that way.

I think LE still has Kortne's car, but I could be wrong.

Criminal Homicide in PA
CHAPTER 25
CRIMINAL HOMICIDE

Sec.
2501. Criminal homicide.
2502. Murder.
2503. Voluntary manslaughter.
2504. Involuntary manslaughter.
2505. Causing or aiding suicide.
2506. Drug delivery resulting in death.

Enactment. Chapter 25 was added December 6, 1972, P.L.1482,
No.334, effective in six months.
Cross References. Chapter 25 is referred to in sections 911,
2602 of this title; section 5432 of Title 20 (Decedents, Estates
and Fiduciaries); sections 2511, 5303, 6344 of Title 23
(Domestic Relations); sections 5985.1, 6302 of Title 42
(Judiciary and Judicial Procedure).
§ 2501. Criminal homicide.
(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of criminal
homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or
negligently causes the death of another human being.
(b) Classification.--Criminal homicide shall be classified
as murder, voluntary manslaughter, or involuntary manslaughter.

Cross References. Section 2501 is referred to in section
5708 of this title; section 4503 of Title 42 (Judiciary and
Judicial Procedure).

ETA: Here's the link, if anyone wants to bore down into the particulars of 2501-2506
http://law.onecle.com/pennsylvania/crimes-and-offenses/00.025.001.000.html

The buddy, MR, has been questioned extensively by LE. They took his car, searched his house. He has his car back. If he's not officially cleared, he may be soon, IMO.

Does anyone know if it is possible to view past complaints that have been filed against the Palmyra Police or specific officers? Is this public information that is available somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro