PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:

I am not familiar with this case. However, I will say that the mods don't read every post.

Sometimes we allow members to speculate that someone is involved without them being named in the MSM. Terri Horman in the Kyron Horman case is one example. LE is definitely taking a look at her and she hasn't been named. Some LE departments don't ever name a POI as that is their policy.

The person(s) you guys want to discuss - does it appear that LE is taking a hard look at them? Has LE released information to cause you guys to feel that way?

BBM Would LE interviewing him 4 or 5 days in a row constitute taking a hard look at him?

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...-people-to-see-go/bAX_BcURmEiXYJ72b7K8LA.cspx

Kimster,

The individuals in question are "ground zero" to this case. They are in fact and have been reported by MSM to be targets of search warrants. One has spoken to reporters about the case and has been subjected to examination of his person. The other has had his vehicle and home searched. His father has spoken to reporters and has done his son no favors in doing so.

I've been here long enough to know that these guys are now fair game. These are your de facto "suspects" or "POI's". Everyone paying attention knows this.

Kimster,

The individuals in question are "ground zero" to this case. They are in fact and have been reported by MSM to be targets of search warrants. One has spoken to reporters about the case and has been subjected to examination of his person. The other has had his vehicle and home searched. His father has spoken to reporters and has done his son no favors in doing so.

I've been here long enough to know that these guys are now fair game. These are your de facto "suspects" or "POI's". Everyone paying attention knows this.

Exactly how different would one have to smoke or eat to appear guilty?

Exactly how different would one have to smoke or eat to appear guilty?

It's almost as if Sr. is saying, "nothing to see here, move along... Hey, he's smoking and eating normally! Good enough?"

Laughable.

It's almost as if Sr. is saying, "nothing to see here, move along... Hey, he's smoking and eating normally! Good enough?"

Laughable.

The infant appeared more credible, just sayin' :what:

Here's the decision:

It's okay to question these people and see if you can find any prior arrest warrants to see if they've been in trouble before. I understand where the mods were going in that the article reads "We want to make clear, the DA says they are not people of interest or suspects". It's kinda strange that it says that and yet they are questioning these people and issuing search warrants!

Go ahead and discuss them as having "unusual behavior", but let's not issue a verdict at this point.

For example, I might say "since LE searched and has been questioning them, what could they be looking for if they aren't concerned this person was involved"?

Here's the decision:

It's okay to question these people and see if you can find any prior arrest warrants to see if they've been in trouble before. I understand where the mods were going in that the article reads "We want to make clear, the DA says they are not people of interest or suspects". It's kinda strange that it says that and yet they are questioning these people and issuing search warrants!

Go ahead and discuss them as having "unusual behavior", but let's not issue a verdict at this point.

For example, I might say "since LE searched and has been questioning them, what could they be looking for if they aren't concerned this person was involved"?

Muchos Gracias Kimster!! :seeya:

I'm glad we are now able to have some discussion of MR and CP. I theorize that the police do suspect these two men, but will not officially name them suspects in order to trick these two into letting their guard down.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...-people-to-see-go/bAX_BcURmEiXYJ72b7K8LA.cspx

Quotes include:

"The search warrant revolves around two men who Kortne got a ride with from Harrisburg back to Palmyra." (Proves search warrant was executed)

"Investigators filed the search warrant Thursday August 9 for the 2004 Acura used by Milton Rodriguez Jr." (Names one of the suspects)

"Rodriguez and best friend Cody Pruett drove from downtown Harrisburg in that same Acura with Kortne Stouffer early Sunday July 29th." (Names the other suspect)

"“My son, he's spoken to officers four, five days in a row,” stated Milton Rodriguez Sr., father of Milt." (Further proves police are heavily investigating the two men)

Hopefully we are given the go ahead to discuss these two, as discussion of the case itself is virtually pointless without being able to discuss the last people seen with her, who are under heavy suspicion by LE.

Do we know what color MR Jr's Acura is?

Quotes include:

"The search warrant revolves around two men who Kortne got a ride with from Harrisburg back to Palmyra." (Proves search warrant was executed)

"Investigators filed the search warrant Thursday August 9 for the 2004 Acura used by Milton Rodriguez Jr." (Names one of the suspects)

"Rodriguez and best friend Cody Pruett drove from downtown Harrisburg in that same Acura with Kortne Stouffer early Sunday July 29th." (Names the other suspect)

"“My son, he's spoken to officers four, five days in a row,” stated Milton Rodriguez Sr., father of Milt." (Further proves police are heavily investigating the two men)

Hopefully we are given the go ahead to discuss these two, as discussion of the case itself is virtually pointless without being able to discuss the last people seen with her, who are under heavy suspicion by LE.

Hi, AndreaBingham; I think all is well except it's best not to call these people "suspects," which is a police term which does not currently apply to them.

Here's the decision:

How deep are the members allowed to dive in Kimster? As in profession, where they work, drugs, associates, et al. TIA

Do we know what color MR Jr's Acura is?

White

In answer to what you missed ... Sr. was holding an infant in the interview
icon12.gif

Ok, so at least this car business is getting a bit more clearer. Kortne's car was not used yet her keys were inside the car. Not normal I would think. Assuming for a moment that all friends and neighbors are truthful then Kortne herself must have gone outside that night and left her keys in the car. This could mean she was attacked in or near her car. Basically that could have been anybody. Although with the 911 calls, fights, and friends/neighbors stories it seems unlikely that there is some stranger involved, but as long as we not have more info then it is still a possibility.

IMO - It's pretty standard to get a search warrant to check vehicles and homes of individuals that were last seen with a missing person. LE has to follow some sort of protocol just in case, down the line, something leads LE back to the individuals. IMO

Ok, so at least this car business is getting a bit more clearer. Kortne's car was not used yet her keys were inside the car. Not normal I would think. Assuming for a moment that all friends and neighbors are truthful then Kortne herself must have gone outside that night and left her keys in the car. This could mean she was attacked in or near her car. Basically that could have been anybody. Although with the 911 calls, fights, and friends/neighbors stories it seems unlikely that there is some stranger involved, but as long as we not have more info then it is still a possibility.

Or, the keys were planted in her car. Or left by someone other than K.

The key for me still, is if the dog(s) barked when LE came back to the house for the second 911 call. I so want to know that information.

Or, the keys were planted in her car. Or left by someone other than K.
I think that is what happened and Kortne was transported somewhere in her own car. A horrible thought but a cadaver dog might be useful although I believe it takes at least an hour before a dog could smell the scent of a dead person.

Hello all! I've been following along with the occasional case for a good while (I was one of those bazillion lurkers for Caylee Anthony, but before that as well) - I admire you all greatly and finally plucked up the courage to dive in. Don't know if it'll do my work schedule any good though.

OK, so with this new 'it's ok to sort of a little bit look at these people' ruling, I'm still going to be pretty careful...

I'm in the UK, so I'm not too familiar with US legal details (or UK, to be perfectly honest!) but with the sealed search warrant, would that be sealed to protect people, or to prevent the public knowing what LE were looking at? Something like that? Basically, I was thinking it's maybe either organised crime, or drugs, or the two together, and they don't want to let on that there's that angle?

But then I figured it's a small town...so there are probably only one or two places where that sort of thing is...centered?

I thought I'd have a little google on the racetrack (spurred by Andrea also, I admit it!) and came across this (an article about horse doping)
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/30/u...ured-horses-at-racetracks.html?pagewanted=all
and this (an article about a local horse trainer. Who, I want to make clear, I in NO WAY suspect of involvement, just thought it was an interesting example of the sort of thing that might be going on)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/72033/penn-national-trainer-granted-injunction

It's interesting, and especially interesting with a little more research into owners/trainers and particularly an owner who ceased to have active horses in 2011 -right around the time a different set of owners with, I think, a connection to this person suddenly took up owning racehorses.

This is all a bit wordy I know, but I'm trying not to get in trouble with my very first post! Maybe I already will, please let me know...

I know there's a NO FACEBOOK! rule, what I'm not sure about is if you can post a fact, from facebook? Maybe if I say it then someone can tell me if I should take it out? Basically I found profile/fan pages for three racehorses, that appear to have some connection to one another. They're all public pages, and for horses, so maybe it's ok to talk about? One of the horses has some super strange profile posts, but they're from 2011 - so not relevant, but they are weird! Another though, I was about to close the page when I noticed that in its timeline it became friends with Kortne - also in 2011. So...oh I don't know! I guess I'm just interested, because it appears she is quite closely linked to the racing community - which isn't on its own surprising, as I guess given that it's not a huge town she'd know people there. But given the people who are of interest to the case, and some of their connections....

This was a lot of words to say pretty much nothing, wasn't it. I'll try to be more succinct in future. Basically, I'm thinking about drugs, and about money. But then...I can't quite figure where Kortne could fit in. But maybe it could be something about an OD, and the drugs being traceable if she was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV