PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If TS is not the landlord then who is?

His name is on the public records but I don't think he can be named here at this point and I'm not even sure if he should be named. Best to err on the side of caution.

"I believe, in talking with the kid that was there and the neighbors, I believe they're on top of what happened," he said. "The problem is I really don't know if Kortne was in the house between the first and the second 911 call to the police. That's something that has me a little bit puzzled. Was she in the house when they came the second time?"

Respectfully BBM

Appears that no one placed MR, Jr at K's apartment when CP and Kortne returned to her place sometime after 2:00 AM.

I really want to know who the 2nd LE officer was and why they haven't named him!! They had no problem naming the first one, what's up with that?

I feel like I read the name in an early news story. I will go back and look.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21410062/p...-kidnapping-carlisle-woman?source=most_viewed

A Palmyra man was arrested over the weekend on charges that he kidnapped and assaulted a Carlisle woman inside his home.
Joshua D. Short, 34, of 223 E. Main St. was charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and simple assault for allegedly restraining the 26-year-old woman inside his home. Police found the woman when they were called to his home for a well-being check shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday, according to a police report.

The woman, who was not identified, was unlawfully restrained and unable to leave the house, police said. The woman also told investigators Short had struck her with a paddle. Police did not provide any information and would not answer questions on how long the woman had been in the home.

Short was placed in Lebanon County prison with bail set at $75,000.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21410062/p...-kidnapping-carlisle-woman?source=most_viewed

A Palmyra man was arrested over the weekend on charges that he kidnapped and assaulted a Carlisle woman inside his home.
Joshua D. Short, 34, of 223 E. Main St. was charged with kidnapping, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and simple assault for allegedly restraining the 26-year-old woman inside his home. Police found the woman when they were called to his home for a well-being check shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday, according to a police report.

The woman, who was not identified, was unlawfully restrained and unable to leave the house, police said. The woman also told investigators Short had struck her with a paddle. Police did not provide any information and would not answer questions on how long the woman had been in the home.

Short was placed in Lebanon County prison with bail set at $75,000.

Wow so that's what was going on? That's the excitement that Jury saw the other night. My son and I drove past and just missed it all. Crazy goings on in this town.

I really want to know who the 2nd LE officer was and why they haven't named him!! They had no problem naming the first one, what's up with that?

I don't think the name of the second responding officer was purposely withheld because everything I have read came through MSM and not the EMA report. MSM referred to Lt. Hunt when reporting the second 911 call. Too bad we can't see the actual report, but like most of the info, a lot of pieces are missing.

Wow so that's what was going on? That's the excitement that Jury saw the other night. My son and I drove past and just missed it all. Crazy goings on in this town.

That would explain the gahzillion cruisers. I wonder if EMS took her to a hospital.

To me it looked a little heavy handed for a wellness check, but I'm not familiar with Palmyra's SOPs. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough, the comments in the link about the Palmyra arrested man say that he live on the same street as KS. . .:what:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/sign_sales_to_benefit_kortne_s.html

Brian Boyer, of Boyer's Signs and Truck Lettering, said he had made a few signs to publicize the search for 21-year-old Stouffer, who hasn’t been seen since July 29. After getting inquiries about whether he was selling them, Boyer said he was given permission by the family to sell the signs.
“I hope by now everyone has heard about her missing from Palmyra. But if we keep putting signs out maybe everyone traveling through our towns and cities will know,” Boyer said. “The money from the sale of these signs will go towards the reward money and will hopefully get someone to step forward with any info.”

What are the odds that there would be a kidnapping and unlawful restraint situation going on a few blocks down the street from KS's apartment?

I hope the 26 year old woman is able to recall if there was anything said by the perp that may indicate involvement in other similar crimes.

Interestingly enough, the comments in the link about the Palmyra arrested man say that he live on the same street as KS. . .:what:

All published articles list his address as 223 East Main. Several blocks east of KS.

If the man who was arrested in the other case is also guilty of taking Kortne...not good. Kortne was not found with him.

If the man who was arrested in the other case is also guilty of taking Kortne...not good. Kortne was not found with him.

I wonder if he or his family owns property by the creek area that was to be searched.

The man arrested for unlawful restraint lives just 10 - 15 blocks form Kortne's apartment. However, it appears that he was dating this lady. Of course he's clearly dangerous, but I don't think kidnapping random women is his MO.

That said, there's a first time for everything, or it's possible Kortne DID know/associate with this guy.

It is an amazing coincidence, regardless of its role in Kortney's case.

All published articles list his address as 223 East Main. Several blocks east of KS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that address is about one block from MR Jr.'s street. They are probably less than a minute walking time from each other unless my memory fails me of the street MR Jr. is on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that address is about one block from MR Jr.'s street. They are probably less than a minute walking time from each other unless my memory fails me of the street MR Jr. is on.

It's actually .8 miles. I use Spokeo, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro