PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to read as much as this thread as I can. I have skipped over a few so forgive me if this has already been asked/talked about! Does anyone know if the neighbor downstairs had ANY ties to LE? Like a relative or friend that may have been on the department? I am sure you can guess where my thoughts are headed with this. I am just not understanding how a young lady can simply *poof* vanish in between these calls to the police, if that is indeed what has happened. IMO, people who are scratching their heads and thinking "cover up" may be on the right road! MOO! :moo:

Don't know about a "cover up" but I have little doubt there is some CYA going on.

I'm sorry but the posts on that link(page) say that the boyfriend's dad picked the dog up before Kortne was missing....

That's what confused me too, which is why I later edited my post as the reason being distracted. Not that I'm not distracted because I am, have job interview tomorrow and nerves are high because of it.

I just think a human traficker/serial killer is a difficult scenario to make fit personally. Very well may end up being the case, but it's just too strange a time of day. There is also way too much attention being paid to the property between the neighbors, LE visits and sleepover guy. If a stranger saw any of that going on they would have moved on to a less risky situation.

So that means, in a relatively small window, Kortne left her apartment voluntarily, that a stranger who is into human trafficking or is a serial killer, happened to be on her street at some time after 4 a.m. but not too early where they saw LE presence at the residence and instinctively snatched her. I suppose it's possible, but I just don't know if it's likely.

I have to agree the odds of that are slim, but still I'm stuck in the same place, I just can't rule out any option without definitive proof. So, to sum up we have a lot of theories here, from kidnapping for ransom, to kidnapping for revenge and then there's human trafficking or a possible serial killer, not to mention walking off, and straight out foul play; either by someone known or a stranger, or maybe a disgruntled police officer that has ties to one of the people that complained about the noise coming from the apartment, or the neighbors themselves, not to mention the overnight house guest and the mysterious AB character, or possibly the last police officer on the scene, or someone who is targeting young, pretty blond girls who tracks them via social networking and may be a long haul truck driver to easily achieve his means, and also there's the possibility of suicide, although it may not have been brought up yet or it may have been dismissed, I'm just not sure. I may be missing some options but I'm really trying to keep up, we could be picking this apart for quite some time to come. I'm certainly not trying to make light of the situation, I'm just saying that if we can't rule any of these options out, then I guess the best course of action would be to keep sleuthing away, as if every option is a possibility, ruling out nothing until we have more information in one form or another. Many of us feel some possibilities are more likely than others, but I'm still stuck here in a spot where nothing can be dismissed without concrete evidence. This is perplexing to say the least!

That's what confused me too, which is why I later edited my post as the reason being distracted. Not that I'm not distracted because I am, have job interview tomorrow and nerves are high because of it.

My worry is that we may never know what happened to Kortne. I never would have thought we'd be as clueless about Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer, or Katelyn Markham more than a year later in each case, but here we are, not knowing a bit more than we did at first. It is unbelievable, really.

You'd better get some sleep, whatever time zone you are in, lol, Kortne's case won't be solved tonight and you'll need to be at your best. Good luck with the interview.

Last night on ID LT Joe Kenda said "(motto) "You cant solve a crime Before its time"

And there are three reasons to murder
Money
Sex
Revenge!

My worry is that we may never know what happened to Kortne. I never would have thought we'd be as clueless about Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer, or Katelyn Markham more than a year later in each case, but here we are, not knowing a bit more than we did at first. It is unbelievable, really.

You'd better get some sleep, whatever time zone you are in, lol, Kortne's case won't be solved tonight and you'll need to be at your best. Good luck with the interview.

When you watch Dissappeared or ID look at how many cases whre it took 6 7 8 10 yrs to solve!

what were all these neighbors doing up at that time?

Was something happening before KS arrived home?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but after reviewing many of today's comments I have more questions than answers.

When considering the text message,
"I left, I didn't see you. What happened to you?"

I am trying to understand why the "didn't see you" portion of the text seems relevant from your perspective, when earlier you seemed concerned that the "what happened to you" part of the text might not be spot on. Just trying to get some clarification on this?

Your comments are below to reference.

Regarding the text message, I do not think that WS quoted it verbatim and probably did not get recite the exact text of the message.

What you are linking to is the original source for this: WS on a CNN TV interview. Other news articles repeating the content of the text are other news sources cannibalizing and repeating her CNN quote like this one: http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21275447/ko...ce=most_viewed

When this case first broke .. the MSM was all over the board with conflicting reports .. I know CP made a statement on his own but even when people make comments .. they can be clipped and edited for sensationalism to benefit the media.

(ASSUMING and we all know what that could mean) I'm *wondering* if when CP was leaving didn't look in the bedroom where Kortne was *thought* to be sleeping to tell her he was leaving and he didn't see her .. so he left.

Seeing her keys on the table, he decided to leave the door unlocked so she could get back in.

The time the text was sent 7:30 would be appropriate if he thought she was already up and moving.

I believe "what happened to you" is just mincing words .. not necessarily meaning what "happened" to you but more in the way of .. "where the heck were you at 7am?"

Always trying to err on the side that brings Kortne home alive .. :)

I think the "what happend to you?"is normal I have done it!
where did ya go? What happend? I see nothing strange about that!

He could have woken up and didnt see her called her name but didnt open any bedroom doors not feeling comfortable doing so.

My question is WHO brought her car back and when??????

I agree. When I was 18-22 years old, I probably would have initiated 50 percent of all my conversations with "what happens to you last night?" We just didn't have text messages back then ;)

Great observation! I would think so to.

I'm pretty sure that MSM reported that neighbors attested to seeing Kortne return home with only CP.

Early Sunday morning, when she and a male friend returned to her apartment, they saw several neighbors in the first-floor apartment. Kortne vented her anger at them, her father said.

In an interview this week, Janice Riemenschneider and Rich Sheetz, who live in the apartment below Kortne’s, said they saw Kortne kick and swing at Todd Saksek, who lives in the other half of the duplex.

They said Kortne’s friend stepped between them. The neighbors said Kortne’s friend also made hostile remarks toward them. At that point, Riemenschneider and Sheetz said they closed their door and called police.

Stouffer said he had a long conversation with Kortne’s friend. The man had known her for two years and regarded her as a “sister,” Stouffer said. He told him he went to sleep after the stomping and believed Kortne did, too.

The friend woke about 7 a.m. and, not seeing Kortne, figured she was sleeping in another room. He went to a nearby convenience store, where a surveillance camera recorded him buying food and a drink and texting Kortne.

Not that what all of these key players are telling the truth per se -

:banghead:

Last night on ID LT Joe Kenda said "(motto) "You cant solve a crime Before its time"

And there are three reasons to murder
Money
Sex
Revenge!

Not to freak you out or anything but you are leaving out the sociopaths and psychopaths reasoning of "just because". There is a whole state hospital filled with them down the road from me-so they are never out of my thoughts. You'd be amazed at how sweet some of them can be!

Kortne was going bananas.

Well yes she was !
But if i remember correctly (I might be wrong) They were up and all in the one neighbors house! They were up already! Or they hadnt gone to bed yet!

Were they just comming in? Or did something happen to wake them up even before Kortne got home! Did someone bring the car back and knock on doors?

Not to freak you out or anything but you are leaving out the sociopaths and psychopaths reasoning of "just because". There is a whole state hospital filled with them down the road from me-so they are never out of my thoughts. You'd be amazed at how sweet some of them can be!

LOL IM just telling ya what this Homicide Detective says!
Hes solved alot of cases!
Alot of those sociopaths and psychopaths are even out walking around!

Yup, and no one has been cleared that we know of -- but then again, it has been all too quiet in this sad case.

And the "boys" continue to party on an almost daily basis!

Well they became Celebrities in a sad sort of way, and their being out and about kind of says ot me they are not involved, All JMO

I have to agree the odds of that are slim, but still I'm stuck in the same place, I just can't rule out any option without definitive proof. So, to sum up we have a lot of theories here, from kidnapping for ransom, to kidnapping for revenge and then there's human trafficking or a possible serial killer, not to mention walking off, and straight out foul play; either by someone known or a stranger, or maybe a disgruntled police officer that has ties to one of the people that complained about the noise coming from the apartment, or the neighbors themselves, not to mention the overnight house guest and the mysterious AB character, or possibly the last police officer on the scene, or someone who is targeting young, pretty blond girls who tracks them via social networking and may be a long haul truck driver to easily achieve his means, and also there's the possibility of suicide, although it may not have been brought up yet or it may have been dismissed, I'm just not sure. I may be missing some options but I'm really trying to keep up, we could be picking this apart for quite some time to come. I'm certainly not trying to make light of the situation, I'm just saying that if we can't rule any of these options out, then I guess the best course of action would be to keep sleuthing away, as if every option is a possibility, ruling out nothing until we have more information in one form or another. Many of us feel some possibilities are more likely than others, but I'm still stuck here in a spot where nothing can be dismissed without concrete evidence. This is perplexing to say the least!

Very perplexing. The less information provided also makes it even more perplexing. Having said that, I understand why LE chooses not to release information. I also agree with you, unless and until a theory can be definitively ruled out it shouldn't be. I wasn't suggesting anything should necessarily be ruled out, but the likelihood of certain scenarios is simply less given the facts we do know.

Ya know what if Kortne was still asleep in that house when CP left!
And the what happend text could have been a WTF happend to you last night kind of text about the fighting with the neighbors and not about not seeing her in the morning!

I remember when i was in my 20's and had an apt with my friends we would go bar hopping some of us would stay others woud go home or to other bars friends would drive us home and stay till the next morning crashing on the sofa or the floor.
We would wake up and they would be gone quiet as a mouse to not disturb anyone.

I do not find it odd he didnt see her! JMO

I still would love to know who brought her car back and when!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjd777