PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awoodz ..great first post!!!!:goodpost::wagon::welcome2:
Great to have boots on the ground!!

Did Kortne have friends that had some connections with the Race Track in Grantville?

Her overnight guest was/is a blacksmith at the track as well as his friend who went out with them to Harrisburg the night she disappeared.

People don't just disappear. As an ex smoker, I could do without my phone so much, not my cigarettes though. And leaving without money is odd. If you walk away after that, then to me that seems reasonable, as it's the bare minimal.

I think it's odd that no one answered the door. Overnight person wasn't drunk so unless he's a ridiculously heavy sleeper I would expect him to answer, neighbours were clearly annoyed so I'd stay up just to answer personally, after going to that effort. Bizarre that they didn't. Did the neighbours say when it went quiet? That's key in my opinion with working out if something might have happened in her apartment.

The fact she's not been in contact makes me think that she definitely had something untoward happen to her. Also on a separate note, if she did disappear voluntarily surely she'd have to work at some point. I'd guess her taxes/insurances haven't been paid since so I hope they checked her records, and that would confirm whether she's alive and well... Unless a fake identity but that's extreme . Jmo, I hope she's found.

People don't just disappear. As an ex smoker, I could do without my phone so much, not my cigarettes though. And leaving without money is odd. If you walk away after that, then to me that seems reasonable, as it's the bare minimal.

I think it's odd that no one answered the door. Overnight person wasn't drunk so unless he's a ridiculously heavy sleeper I would expect him to answer, neighbours were clearly annoyed so I'd stay up just to answer personally, after going to that effort. Bizarre that they didn't. Did the neighbours say when it went quiet? That's key in my opinion with working out if something might have happened in her apartment.

The fact she's not been in contact makes me think that she definitely had something untoward happen to her. Also on a separate note, if she did disappear voluntarily surely she'd have to work at some point. I'd guess her taxes/insurances haven't been paid since so I hope they checked her records, and that would confirm whether she's alive and well... Unless a fake identity but that's extreme . Jmo, I hope she's found.
Wish you were right but I feel Kortne is no longer of this earth...

I doubt Kortne had anything to do with the illegal drugging that was going on backside at Penn National. Veterinarians were involved so I doubt the drugs were flowing in illegally. The investigation of illegal activity at Penn National was going on as far back as 2009/2010, if I recall correctly. I was a licensed vendor there for many years.

I think the real tie to the track for Kortne is the overnight guest and his friend. The overnight guest who was too drunk to answer the door between 3 and 4 am, but not too drunk to go to a convenience store around 7 am.

The things that make you go HMMMMM!!?

I doubt Kortne had anything to do with the illegal drugging that was going on backside at Penn National. Veterinarians were involved so I doubt the drugs were flowing in illegally. The investigation of illegal activity at Penn National was going on as far back as 2009/2010, if I recall correctly. I was a licensed vendor there for many years.

I think the real tie to the track for Kortne is the overnight guest and his friend. The overnight guest who was too drunk to answer the door between 3 and 4 am, but not too drunk to go to a convenience store around 7 am.

The things that make you go HMMMMM!!?
I think it ties back to the neighbor IMO ... no evidence of a struggle or anything inside her apartment - she was obviously feisty that night -i would think there would be some evidence left behind if it were her friend. Plus ... when i was that age - I've been too drunk to open a door at 3 and then just fine at 7, on more than one occasion -oh ... to be young with good metabolism lol :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Body was fully skeletonized ... and this seems to be less than an hour and half away - very good possibility!

That would be great. A little worried they said had been there less than a year but I'm hoping after further testing this is Kortne Her friends and family deserve as much closure as they can get!

I think it ties back to the neighbor IMO ... no evidence of a struggle or anything inside her apartment - she was obviously feisty that night -i would think there would be some evidence left behind if it were her friend. Plus ... when i was that age - I've been too drunk to open a door at 3 and then just fine at 7, on more than one occasion -oh ... to be young with good metabolism lol :)

I agree that whatever happened to Kortne happened at her home. Whether the neighbor or the house guest, I can't say but I know one with a clear motive. And for the record I totally remember the days where I was so drunk I couldn't walk but then was up for a hangover breakfast by early morning feeling sober (though probably not sober at all :)) I also hate waking up after a long night out anywhere else but at home. I've always been that way. My best friends were also ghosts in our early twenties: there are night gone by sunrise without a word. The house guests behavior isn't necessarily strange to me, especially if he woke up and his host was gone.. Why stay?

Sending positive thoughts to Kortne and her family with this new year.

Do you think the remains would be fully skeletonized already? She's been missing since the end of September 2015.

I don't know. But the original report said they thought the body was there for several months. So that would seem about right. However, this woman seems to have run away, and at some point there was contact with the family after the disappearance. So it certainly may be someone else. But also, one police report said the girl had prominent front teeth. And this woman definitely did have prominent front teeth. So there are a lot of similarities. The victim had three layers of winter clothing on. That may be consistent with someone who was homeless and was living outside, perhaps a runaway. I'm sure the police will name the victim soon.

mods --- can you please put this article where it belongs (thought I'd share it hear as well -- since these remains are being discussed by us few --- but looks like if was kortne, they would probably know by now ... so i believe this belongs in an unidentified forum, unless it already is) TIA!!!

Police Hope These Rings Will Identify Remains in Ridley Creek State Park
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/19/ridley-creek-state-park-body-found/#jjUSi1hk2rMoADJK.99
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/19/ridley-creek-state-park-body-found/

Pennsylvania State Police have released photos of three rings found among skeletal remains in Media’s Ridley Creek State Park, and investigators hope that someone will recognize the jewelry and come forward.

“The rings are unique,” said police in a statement issued on Monday. “One ring is a Claddagh ring. The second ring has an engraving on it. The third ring has a green stone.” (A Claddagh ring is an Irish ring that is commonly used as a friendship ring or an engagement or wedding ring.)

image: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/16892358607691996958

A hiker found the skeletal remains on New Year's Day, and police have said that they belong to a thin white female in her 20s or late teens. She is further described as approximately five feet, three inches tall with blonde or light brown hair and a shoe size of nine.

Upper Darby Police Superintendent Mike Chitwood had told a local newspaper that the remains might be those of Amanda De Guio, the Drexel Hill mother of two who has been missing since June 2014, but that turned out not to be the case.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/01/19/ridley-creek-state-park-body-found/#jjUSi1hk2rMoADJK.99

from identifyus.org https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14642
NamUs UP # 14642
No_photo
ME/C Case Number: 16-006
Delaware County, Pennsylvania
18 to 40 year old Female

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Amanda DeGuio 1990 Pennsylvania
Melissa Rodriguez 1982 Pennsylvania
Melissa Rodriguez 1982 Pennsylvania
Kortne Stouffer 1991 Pennsylvania

Kortne Stouffer investigation active 4 years later

http://www.ldnews.com/story/news/local/2016/07/28/kortne-stouffer-investigation-active-4-years-later/86289722/

July 29 marks the fourth anniversary of Kortne Stouffer’s disappearance from her Palmyra apartment, and investigators are still working to find her.

“It’s obvious that if they had somebody they were willing to charge with anything, they would have already brought them in,” Scott Stouffer, Kortne’s father, said. “At this point in time, we have no knowledge as to how close they are in finding out what happened.”

While the investigation has yet to uncover Kortne’s whereabouts or what happened to her on the night of her disappearance, Stouffer said he is pleased with the work being done by the district attorney’s office.

“When it first goes down, I don’t think anything can happen quickly enough for you, but as time progresses, I am happy with the fact that they have still given this case a great deal of time, and that they continue to give it daily attention,” Stouffer said. “They still continue to run down leads, and they are still monitoring social media, which is important as well.”

Stouffer thinks it is just a matter of waiting for the right person to come forward or the right piece of evidence to turn up, he said.

Stouffer and Hammel will be holding a celebration for Kortne from 8 to 10 p.m. July 29 at 29 Park Drive, Grantville.

“Weather permitting, we are going to light 25 lanterns, because Kortne is 25 years old this year, and we are going to have a bonfire and some music to celebrate Kortne,” Hammel said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva