58e653b7d474d.image.jpg

Lebanon County Crime Stoppers :: 717-270-9800
or
Private Detective Leah Jennings :: 717-348-3205

The Vanished Podcast :: 24 Mar 2017:
EPISODE 70: Kortne Stouffer
(35 Minutes)

Google Supplements & Updates:
https://www.google.com/search?sourc....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0i10.a7eVkZdPbEI

[Message 6059]

Last edited:
[QUOTE="JerseyGirl, post: 14871534, member: 101036 Her purse, phone and keys were fougnd inside her home. Her vehicle was parked outside her home.
[/QUOTE[/QUOTE].
She also left her smokes behind

I keep thinking this is a solvable case. Wish I knew if LE was just waiting for one bit of evidence to add to what they have, or have decided "not to waste resources" on this case.

[QUOTE="JerseyGirl, post: 14871534, member: 101036 Her purse, phone and keys were fougnd inside her home. Her vehicle was parked outside her home.
[/QUOTE
She also left her smokes behind[/QUOTE]

So leaving the purse and the smokes behind sort of diminish the going to the convenience store scenario. Keys and car left behind seems to indicate that if she did go out, there was no intent to go very far. I rule walk away very low. So we are left with foul play. I am stuck on the weird neighbor and the people she was fighting with..opportunity and motive.

Hi JJ!

It's been two years or so since I set foot in Palmyra to look for myself. I'll check Google Earth and get back to you.

Well...now that you mention it, I am not seeing anything "convenience" near by. Funks, the Pizza shop and Duke's are the only food places within walking distance, unless I am missing something. Of the three, only Funks has breakfast.

Well...now that you mention it, I am not seeing anything "convenience" near by. Funks, the Pizza shop and Duke's are the only food places within walking distance, unless I am missing something. Of the three, only Funks has breakfast.

Funk's opens at 6:00 AM currently. She probably didn't go there.

Conditions:
Sunrise was at 6:03 AM, but it should be reasonably light by 5:45 AM. No Moon. Temperature was in the mid-70's to low 80's, warming as it got later, and it was fairly cloudy.

Last edited:
Funk's opens at 6:00 AM currently. She probably didn't go there.

Conditions:
Sunrise was at 6:03 AM, but it should be reasonably light by 5:45 AM. No Moon. Temperature was in the mid-70's to low 80's, warming as it got later, and it was fairly cloudy.

There was nowhere close for her to walk without her purse that makes sense, her car, keys and purse were left behind and there is no scenario that makes sense for her to go out that time of morning, what are we left with?

I'm thinking it had to be someone close who had access to her. I'm sill wondering if the second round of noise where there was no response to the door when LE knocked was Kortne being killed in a manner that did not leave blood evidence (strangulation) or being rendered unconscious , then transported out of the area.

I wonder how far someone in the apartment or immediate area would have to move her body and be back in time not to be suspected? I am guessing from the last LE visit to when she was noticed missing the next morning.

Figure the person doing the disposing would have to load the body, drive to the disposal point and drive back, park and be back in their home before anyone noticed. Once we have an approximate amount of time, we can then draw a circle the appropriate distance from the PLS and see if any feature in that distance looks probable.

Is 3:50 am the time of the last LE visit? This only leaves from 3:00 am to around 5:00 am am to dispose of a body.

Round trip, that's only one hour each way plus the time to load and unload the body. Low probability this was a long hike into the woods along some fire or animal trail. Higher probability the dump spot is close to a road.

I don't know if anyone did one on this case. 48 pages to check through. If someone can confirm the time of the noise, time of the last LE visit and the time she was known to be missing, I can do a high probability search area map. I just don't have time to go through the thread with my work load. The time she was know to be missing "can" be at 5:45 as no one wants to be moving a body after daylight.

I don't know if anyone did one on this case. 48 pages to check through. If someone can confirm the time of the noise, time of the last LE visit and the time she was known to be missing, I can do a high probability search area map. I just don't have time to go through the thread with my work load. The time she was know to be missing "can" be at 5:45 as no one wants to be moving a body after daylight.

I found a pod cast on the first page. Noise was at about 3:50 AM.

I'm wondering if someone came to the door or if someone was on lawn and Stouffer went out to meet/confront him/her.

I'm just spitballing and mean no disrespect.

Could Stouffer have overdosed on something? There have been cases (even in Central PA) where the people they are with don't want to be known as being involved with the death and move the body.

Is her family wealthy? Could she have been taken for ransom?

If it had been ransom, no phone call or letter has ever been discussed by LE or MSM.

3:50 to 5:45 is two hours. Subtract 15 min to load and unload and you now have one and one half hour, or 45 min each way. Averaging street, highway and back roads that should be around 45 mph max or 33.7 miles distance each way. That is not very far at all. I can work with this. Also makes me think she may have ended up in a dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member