PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to that dealership a number of time and know some of the staff. One of the pictures has the dealership name in the background. I would love to claim it is great sleuthing...but alas that one is obvious.

I don't have the pictures in front of me. I could have sworn they were taken at a local HD dealership when I saw them originally. But if you actually saw the dealership name, then I guess that's a good indication.

Happy Birthday Kortne, my hope is that you are found and can be reunited with your family.

Was driving past the house yesterday and saw a group of people putting out fresh flowers and posting new signs and then I remembered that today is Kortne's birthday. I continue to be amazed at how this girl just vanished without a trace. Hopefully soon someone will have an attack of conscience and come forward with the truth. We can only hope. Until then we keep on praying and offering whatever we can to support this family that has been through hell every day since July of 2012. God be with them all.

I'm back to wondering with the number of people who have gone missing from Allentown to Palymyra and possibly even further East and West, if we do not have an I-81 serial killer who travels that route and runs into victims when stopping in towns along the route for food or gas. Poor Kortne may have picked a bad time to walk to the convenience store to grab something for breakfast.

Where are you Kortne? In your care free "rose colored glasses" lifestyle, did you trust the wrong person? Did you become a thorn in someones side?

If you are out there somewhere, let us know, otherwise I am going to keep turning over stones...

I have posted this in the Jamie Metzlinger thread and will put it here for reference as well.

One of my theories for all the missing women in Allentown and Korntie is a truck driver (this would also include the Holly Grim and Jamie Metzlinger cases). Should you be interested in the truck driver theory, you may wish to google Adam Leroy Lane, the "Highway Killer" who operated here in PA. He committed murders in 2007. When caught, he had a copy of the DVD "Hunting Humans" in his possession. His case was documented on "48 Hours Live To Tell: Hunting Humans" Feb 26th, 2011. One of his victims was abducted from her back yard while talking on her cell phone.

Hmm I don't know if I agree with the trucker theory. But it's as usual a possibility.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Found this on the Facebook page Kortne's family is running for Kortne. It is an excellent interview on WITF, the local NPR station in Harrisburg. Wendy Stouffer is interviewed as well as Todd Matthews from NAMUS, and Jennifer Storm, who is Pennsylvania's victim's advocate.

Wendy does a great job of explaining what is known about the case as well as what local law enforcement and the district attorney is doing with the case. Well worth listening to!

http://www.witf.org/smart-talk/2015...issing-adults-in-pa.php#.VXdPoXfRDfU.facebook

"Kortne Stouffer: Palmyra woman missing 3 years; still no answers"

http://www.ldnews.com/local/ci_28550751/kortne-stouffer-palmyra-woman-missing-3-years-still

Kortne Stouffer was reported missing on July 29, 2012. Since that day, she has been the focus of multiple searches and Internet campaigns. But on the third anniversary of her disappearance, her family and friends are no closer to knowing what happened early that morning.

Family and friends will gather Wednesday night to redo the now worn and weathered posters hung for Kortne as well as place flowers and candles in front of her apartment in Palmyra. Afterward, they will gather for a more private display of remembrance.

I saw something in today's ldnews.com article that I don't recall seeing before. Her father said "It is kind of ironic that she went missing the same week as the fair, because that was where she pretty much lived. She had goats that she showed," said Scott, noting that Kortne and her siblings often slept at the fair. "That was a big part of her life." Does anyone know if this was mentioned before ? I ask because years ago I had issues with some strange carnie-types. It seems like an angle that should definitely be looked at if it hasn't already. It probably has & I'm just grasping at straws....

I think Kortne was past that stage in her life and I still suspect one of those she was with that night with her disappearance. ..

Yes, you're probably right about the fair thing. And I too think it HAS to be at least one of several people she mixed with that terrible night. Thanks for your input Topcat!

Recent Media Articles ::: Third Year Since Her Disappearance

Edited To Add: Wed., July 29th: WHTM-TV :

http://abc27.com/2015/07/29/da-new-investigator-looking-into-kortne-stouffers-disappearance/ :

New Private Investigator Added

Edited To Add: Wed., July 29th: Penn-Live© :

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/07/loved_ones_remember_kortne_sto.html#incart_river:

Includes Reward, and Archives

Wed., July 29th: WHP-TV :

http://www.local21news.com/news/fea...er-disappearance-remains-mystery-177575.shtml

Wed., July 29th: via JusticeWillBeServed : Lebanon Daily News© :

http://www.ldnews.com/local/ci_28550751/kortne-stouffer-palmyra-woman-missing-3-years-still :

Includes Reward, and Archives

Mon., June 8th: via Cutter99 : WITF©:

http://www.witf.org/smart-talk/2015...issing-adults-in-pa.php#.VXdPoXfRDfU.facebook

Yes, it is very sad. What bothers me so much about this case, beside the obvious fact that a young woman is missing, is the narrow time frame, and the fact that she was at home before she just vanished.

Bumping this thread. I just recently found this website so I haven't been able to keep updated on all of the threads.

I have lived in the area pretty much my whole life. I've had an apartment in Harrisburg, Hershey, hummelstown, palmyra, Middletown. I'm very familiar with the area and this is one case that is very out of the ordinary. The only real "criminal activity" with the area is the large amount of teens that are involved with drugs. I'm a small female but would have no issue walking alone at night in these areas. The only area I would be cautious around is the Harrisburg area. However the downtown bar area is very heavily populated and unless there was a fight between someone I wouldn't be overly worried.

The traffic and roads in that area are very hectic so following someone home from the downtown bar area would be almost impossible. If they followed her from Harrisburg they really would have had to ride home with her or offer her a ride (especially if they left when the bars were closing). The bars will stop serving alcohol at 2am and if you leave the bar you are not allowed to re-enter. However it's entirely possible to stay in the bar longer than 2am because they don't kick everyone out at exactly 2am and if you have to close out your tab your going to have to wait until they get to you so you can close it out. Although Harrisburg and palmyra are not that far away, getting a cab and getting through all the traffic in the downtown area alone takes a pretty long time. It is entirely possible that although the bars closed at 2am, that she got home around or after 3am (it's happened to me personally, where I got home after 3am even though the bars closed at 2am). Walking around palmyra at that time really isn't a big deal, a lot of people that live in palmyra will walk to their home from the bar if they live close. It feels like such a very slim possibility that a stranger (that she has never seen or met) would kill her unless they did not live in the area.

Being from the area I am almost certain it had to be someone that she knows or has recently met. Anyway, my theory is 1) it was someone she was with that night that went home with her. 2) she went out close to her house to meet someone (someone she recently met, to get more alcohol from someone, or to possibly get drugs because a lot of younger people in the area do drugs). 3) someone she knew had an issue with her.

I don't however believe that it was possible she overdosed on drugs/alcohol because there have unfortunately been a lot of overdoses on heroine in the area and if that were the case, the body would not have been moved or hidden.

The Adam Leroy theory also seems far fetched. Didn't he kill his victims after walking from truck stops? There really arent any close truck spots near palmyra, it really doesn't seem to fit in with his killing pattern. I also didn't read anything about him hiding or moving the victims body's. It seems like he walked around and watched them at their house, killed them and left them there. It wouldn't make sense that he walked to her house, killed her, then attempted to hide her body somewhere. There would also be signs of blood splatters and it appears from the articles that he's never "cleaned up" in other murders. It just doesn't fit in with his other murders at all.

Have her phone records been reviewed? I have a very high suspicion that whoever killed her (if that's what happened) had phone contact with her that day.

I completely agree with you, meems. A few days ago I decided to Google her name to see what has happened or if she was found n came across this site. I've read hours n hours of comments on these threads n r local newspaper site. (I live in the area so ive heard of this case). After taking everything into account I feel comfortable concluding that LE knows what's going on because LE is handling this case different than any other mp case ive seen. There are very few reasons LE n the rest in the LE field, (DA n judge) would seal so much.

quick question that I don't think I've seen an answer to. Was memorial lake "dragged"?

I know LE did not want to search it even after they were basically made to. (Another reason i think LE knows where she is). And when they finally did search it, their efforts were minimal at best. Just enough to hush everyone up that was pushing them to search it. If they were really searching the lake in hopes of finding something they would've "dragged" it. They didn't have divers go down because of the low visibility, large amount of seaweed along with alot of sediment on the bottom which would've rendered their efforts futile so the obvious alternative would have been to drag that lake. Esp. With the possibility of a rug being involved with the presumed homicide n disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz