PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watched the ID Episode S8:E3 of Disappeared again. Still sticks with me that her purse, cell phone, shoes, keys and Sheba were all still in the apartment. No way this was a walk away.
What happened to her dog,there was no mention of Sheba

I was just thinking about this case. Has her boyfriend at the time, or the 2 people she was out with that night ever showed up at the annual float in memory of her? Did any of them make a plea for her return, search for her or anything? It seems so odd to me that people who are supposedly close to her seem so detached.

Hey everyone just finally finished reading through ALL of the threads on here, and it took me quite a few days. I wanted to see everything before I posted. I remember when I was younger in high school hearing about Kortne missing, but never imagined one day many years later I would be part of her family. I am now engaged to her youngest brother, and I would be lying saying that seeing his grief, and his entire families didn’t make me take interest myself in her case. I just want to thank all of you for continuing to seek out the answers, and not giving up on this beautiful lady. I think as long as people continue to keep searching the answers will be found. I learned a lot from these posts, and so has her brother. There are obviously a ton of questions in here from all of you, some I know the answers, and some answers I’m not sure if I can disclose, because it is an ongoing investigation. Some I have absolutely no answer for. I have my own personal feelings about this case, and things that I find completely abhorrent by how some things were handled which in sense agreed upon by most of you. Something I’ve heard from my mother, that when drugs are involved Lebanon county doesn’t really feel it’s worthy to put in the resources it would take to solving something. I’ve also had my own brush with LE over something they even knew at the end I was set up for, which saved me from serving jail time, but still I had no recompense for the lawyer I had to have, and still required to pay a fine for “court costs” and dropped down from a misdemeanor, but still have a summary charge against me. As we can see by the search of the lake, and how long that even took giving the murder or murders ample time to move her body even if she was their. Very sad it was handled the way that it was Kortne deserved better than that. If there was a lead they should have acted immediately or let the countless volunteers come to do the job they should have done immediately. Also for the people who keep asking about the rug, yes their was a rug missing from her apartment. That one detail is what made me think Amanda’s story had any truth to it whatsoever. Yes I can tell she seems irrational, and clearly doesn’t think before she does things, but how she even knew that detail was enough to know there was truth to what she was saying. I can’t help but find it ironic that her guest that night seemed to sleep through everything the supposed knock on the door by LE that no one can confirm, and even the rug “magically” disappearing. Especially for someone who was a DD, and clearly was competent that night to drive her home in someone else’s car at that. The whole thing makes no sense, and something I’ve learned also is if it doesn’t make sense then it’s probably not true. I know that from what I’ve seen from an easy fb search they are all connected in someway, and Ghosts theory which sounds the most probable to me minus her leaving that night. That rug didn’t go missing if that’s the case let’s be real. Never have we heard about the sound cloud though, and all the other things he mentioned. Also seems to me maybe LE doesn’t relay everything to the family or maybe the family refuses to believe Kortne had anything to do with robbing anyone which could be true, maybe it wasn’t her, maybe it was her BF. It would be sad that out of retaliation for him they came after her, but I guess I’ve heard stranger things like CPs whole story. Also someone mentioned the truck driver Adam Lane, he actually killed my aunt Dar, and if you actually looked into his case you would see he left it bloody, and with the bodies of his victims. One thing I’m sure of people can try to escape justice on this world, but one day it catches up with them. Either here or the next. Don’t think you will be forgiven when you let a grieving family live in pain for years, and do nothing to make it end or bring closure to them. The man who killed my aunt has a better chance at forgiveness from God then the coward or cowards who did this, and would continue to let the family live without the truth to this not even giving them the closure to let them burry their daughter. There is a special place in hell for people like this. Yes God forgives, but really REALLY are you sorry?

The rug missing really is an interesting element to this case. Roll up a body in a rug and carry it out the door. No one notices or for that matter, really cares. I would be almost impossible for the friend sleeping over to have slept through all this, and my gut tells me it takes two people to carry a body rolled up in a rug unless you are one big strong individual. Really would like to know how much forensic effort LE put into this case. Too many loose ends hanging out there. The rug may also have been removed due to it containing obvious forensic evidence.

Kortne Stouffer, was 21 years old on July 28, 2012, when she disappeared. She had the night off from work and went to a bar with friends. The group ended the night at Kortne’s apartment. According to Sergeant Mike Dipalo of the Lebanon County District Attorney's Office, police responded to a call from the apartment around 3:30 a.m. on the morning of July 29 where there was a report of conflict with the neighbors. Police told everyone to go back to their own homes and go to sleep. The next morning, Kortne’s friends discovered she was gone. Kortne had plans to go to the fair with family that day, but when she didn’t show up, they reported her missing. Authorities conducted interviews with the people who last saw Kortne, but nothing brought them closer to finding her. After three years of investigating and no leads in Kortne’s disappearance, her family’s attorney connected them with private investigator Leah Hopewell (formerly Jennings). Investigator Hopewell said that while she spoke with people who were with Kortne shortly before she disappeared, nothing led to Kortne. The family posted the PI’s updated information to the Kortne Stouffer – Remember MeFacebook page. Each year, Kortne’s family hosts a float on the Swatara Creek in her honor. The most recent one was held in August 2020. Kortne has a tattoo on her right arm that reads "One Love," a tattoo of three stars on the top of her right foot, and a tattoo on her left side of a pistol shooting flowers. Family is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to Kortne’s whereabouts. If you have any information on Kortne’s disappearance, please call Sgt. Dipalo at (717) 228-4403. You can also submit a tip anonymously online at FBI - Tips.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-11_11-59-39.png
    upload_2021-2-11_11-59-39.png
    466.6 KB · Views: 19
We would all love answers to this mystery. Too many sketchy people in and around her life and way too many places to hide remains, and that's just within a five mile radius. Then you have game lands, lakes, mountains and the firing ranges at the GAP. When I went poking around where she was last seen in Palmyra with an associate, we got the stink eye from almost everyone except the staff at Funks (good food). Theories abound from the race track and drug dealers, to close friends and a LE coverup. From my view there were a number of missed opportunities and lack of resources applied to this case.

<modsnip - quoted post, response removed>

‎The Vanished Podcast: Kortne Stouffer on Apple Podcasts
The host interviews Kortne’s mom and goes into some detail on the drug debt theory and mentions a name that she hadn’t in any news interviews. Seems largely consistent.

<modsnip - referenced post was rumor?

Given that Kortne’s floorboards were ripped up and she and her bf reported the theft of a cash machine, my guess had always been that maybe she got something on consignment from the man and then someone else robbed her (floorboard robbery) and then guy wanted his money and wasn’t too into excuses rather than she outright robbed him.

If the police are feeling ambitious, it seems to me they should get a warrant, a cadaver dog or two and check out that Campbelltown property. Would still be in the family I assume. If you’ve followed the Kristin Smart case, you know you can’t just sell property like that with buried secrets.

Or maybe none of that’s right, it’s all a coincidence and it’s Occam’s Razor that it’s almost always the last person to see the victim alive (and sleep over) in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was rumor>

The host interviews Kortne’s mom and goes into some detail on the drug debt theory and mentions a name that she hadn’t in any news interviews. Seems largely consistent.

<modsnip - rumor>

Given that Kortne’s floorboards were ripped up and she and her bf reported the theft of a cash machine, my guess had always been that maybe she got something on consignment from the man and then someone else robbed her (floorboard robbery) and then guy wanted his money and wasn’t too into excuses rather than she outright robbed him.

If the police are feeling ambitious, it seems to me they should get a warrant, a cadaver dog or two and check out that Campbelltown property. Would still be in the family I assume. If you’ve followed the Kristin Smart case, you know you can’t just sell property like that with buried secrets.

Or maybe none of that’s right, it’s all a coincidence and it’s Occam’s Razor that it’s almost always the last person to see the victim alive (and sleep over) in this case.
I haven't thought about Kortne in a while, thanks for the link to the podcast. Listening now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t believe with all if the shady characters around Kortne they can’t pin this on anybody. Especially that guy Arvard that she got into a fight with at the bar earlier. Thanks to the Vanished podcast for providing some detail on that incident.
When LE came to the apt. building after the stomping noises everything “was quiet”.
No one had anything to add after that or so we have been told. If Kortne went outside to meet up with someone (double crossing dealer?) you would think the residents of her building would say they heard a car on the gravel parking area, car doors opening and closing. I doubt they were all sound asleep that fast after the stomping incident. Maybe they did hear stuff and it hasn’t been shared with the public. Her phone was on the charger, keys in usual spot. But the door was open reportedly. Which door? Her apartment door or a door that you would use to enter the building? I can’t imagine Cody Pruett killing her, rolling her into a rug (missing rug true?) and getting her into a car without anyone seeing or hearing anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back