PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have thought about the dogs... My guess is they were in another room so they wouldn't be badgering CP while he slept. Thought about it in terms of the police knocking on doors during the last call also. Unless they weren't as loud as they have been made out to be by media...

As soon as they would be let out, the dogs would have attacked. There should also have been some evidence, e.g. scratched on the door; they might have attached when they were let out. I could not imagine dogs being passive.

Those pictures were from a paid modeling job that Kortne did. She did other modeling jobs as well.

Isn’t it a bit of a stretch to assume that those photos mean bikers had anything to do with her disappearance? Kinda like when you hear hoofbeats, you do not assume zebras???

I did check and found they were paid modeling jobs, so I agree with that. In my mind, nothing is a stretch. It's all evidence until it's not. Can't tell you how many cases over the years had bits and pieces of data dismissed as too far fetched, but then ended up being critical evidence in solving the case.

There are literally thousands of places she could have been dumped, that are all within a half hour of her apartment. Many people would be surprised exactly how rural it can get in that area.

There are areas up around Penn National and I-81 that have houses accessible by four wheel drive vehicle only. There are also state parks and state gamelands that are just as remote, and see even less traffic. There is Swatara State Park, which also has adjoining state gamelands, that I-81 runs through.

Schuylkill County is legendary as far as strip mines, Conrad Weiser State Forest, state gamelands, and other large remote areas.

Reaching I-81 from Palmyra, is quick and easy, especially in early morning hours, when there is little traffic.

There are many, many horse farms in those areas as well, and after the economic crises from 2008-2010, many of those farms sat empty for years. Many were for sale for years, or in foreclosure without being actively shown, as there was just no market for them.

With some geographic knowledge of the area, combined with some knowledge of what farms were empty, and a couple of hours worth of time, the biggest concern is getting Kortne out of Palmyra undetected.

Agreed. What fits the time frame? I know quite well how rural it is. Another option is an abandoned coal mind vent shaft (think Minersville and Tower City). Always wondered what would be found if a tethered video camera were sent down many of them.

One thing that was discussed on Where is Kortne Stouffer was something we have not discussed, an overdose. It has happened when someone OD's that the people the victim is with dump/hide the body. They don't want to get arrested themselves.

Here is possible scenario. KS is feeling stressed and some "friend" stops in; she leaves, voluntarily with the friend. She uses something she doesn't normally use to "chill." It mixes with the alcohol still in her system and she dies. "Friend" panics and hides the body.

It explains why there was no evidence of foul play in the apartment.

I just toss this out as a possibility.

Very interesting JJ. Could be a definite possibility. For some reason, I always assumed pot was the extent of Kortne’s drug involvement, but that is not a good assumption.

The only question I would have is if it were an overdose, why not leave her body where it might be, as long as it is say her apartment or her car or a place not tied to a particular person? Had she been found overdosed in her apartment would anyone necessarily know if she was with someone else?

Very interesting JJ. Could be a definite possibility. For some reason, I always assumed pot was the extent of Kortne’s drug involvement, but that is not a good assumption.

The only question I would have is if it were an overdose, why not leave her body where it might be, as long as it is say her apartment or her car or a place not tied to a particular person? Had she been found overdosed in her apartment would anyone necessarily know if she was with someone else?

KS could have left with someone.

Scenario: Someone stops in; KS upset leave with them, possibly to get something. While there, she OD's. The people that she is with panic and hide the body.

KS was upset, the "someone" takes her someplace where she get something to "calm her down." It mixes with the alcohol.

what if burdges father was upset with stauffer for supplying alcohol for her son, and grew weary of the complaints by neighbors to his department,maybe did away with her after the 3rd stop by

I haven't broadly read through this but did think of it when I saw a skull of unidentified sex (and without the mandible) was just added to Namus. Found 9 February 2020, 13mi away in West Hanover in a "secluded wooded area north of Fishing Creek Valley Rd". Added to Namus last week: www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/69231

LE is currently looking at the skull as being Heike Leich.

Leich was reported missing by her common-law spouse on Aug. 8, 2007. She was last seen in her driveway on Fishing Creek Valley Road, according to Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers.
HUMAN SKULL could be connected to cold case

This is a perplexing case. I have been boots-on-the-ground in Palmyra and done some poking. Given the time she was last seen until reported missing, I would be surprised if her remains (if deceased) were more than 20 miles away. Lots of remote woodlands in the surrounding area. Key to me is how much outdoor experience the POI's have and what areas they are familiar with. If they have a functional IQ, they would not have put her in an area that is heavily hunted during deer and turkey seasons.

Watched the ID Episode S8:E3 of Disappeared again. Still sticks with me that her purse, cell phone, shoes, keys and Sheba were all still in the apartment. No way this was a walk away.
I agree. I think something happened once inside the apartment for the night..

The only way the hostile neighbor could have taken Kortne would have been if she stepped outside in the morning for some reason, and that scenario has issues as the risk of abducting her without making a noise or being seen is much greater in the daylight. The chances of the neighbor entering the apartment and abducting Kortne without making a noise is somewhere close to zero. At this point I put Brad at 5% (being in jail), the neighbor at 5% (odd, however odd is not guilty) and the drug dealer (who I gather has an alibi) at 40% (because he has "resources" that could act in his behalf).

The only way the hostile neighbor could have taken Kortne would have been if she stepped outside in the morning for some reason, and that scenario has issues as the risk of abducting her without making a noise or being seen is much greater in the daylight. The chances of the neighbor entering the apartment and abducting Kortne without making a noise is somewhere close to zero. At this point I put Brad at 5% (being in jail), the neighbor at 5% (odd, however odd is not guilty) and the drug dealer (who I gather has an alibi) at 40% (because he has "resources" that could act in his behalf).

How about the friend that stayed over?

I am not sure if the "friend" has been officially named a POI, so I hesitate to expound too much.

I have to wonder what the boyfriend thought about the other friend spending the night with Kortne? That would be an interesting behavioral dynamic to consider. Another thought would be that any individual (stranger) that Sheba did not know, entering the apartment, would have initiated an immediate "stand my ground, protect my owner" reaction. The neighbors would have heard that.

I have to wonder what the boyfriend thought about the other friend spending the night with Kortne? That would be an interesting behavioral dynamic to consider. Another thought would be that any individual (stranger) that Sheba did not know, entering the apartment, would have initiated an immediate "stand my ground, protect my owner" reaction. The neighbors would have heard that.

Yes, I've always wondered what the boyfriend thought of the friend who stayed over and what the boyfriend thinks actually happened that night. I agree that Sheba would have barked/protected Kortne if someone else entered the apartment at some point. Thats why i tend to lean towards something occurring in the apartment around bedtime....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back