PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Neko726, are you still following this thread? I have a question about the small graveyard in the woods. Does it have a small low wall around it?

I'm Lauren's first cousin, I was 11 at the time of her disappearance, I have emailed Valerie Morrison and am trying to gather as much information as I can. PLEASE pm me

I remember a man from Pennhurst that wore boots all the time. He would walk everywhere and walk on a tilt because I was told he had lost all of his toes as a child. I wonder if this is the guy everyone was wondering about

The flames that the psychic mentions, could it be a hazard sign that is nailed to a room in the barn that she mentions. Where farmers would keep all hazardous material and liquid. She said that she is behind the flame. Could she be buried in the floor? Tracker can you check in the barn for any rooms that may look like this when you get permission from owners???

I remember a man from Pennhurst that wore boots all the time. He would walk everywhere and walk on a tilt because I was told he had lost all of his toes as a child. I wonder if this is the guy everyone was wondering about

There were two individuals who walked with a "marching" type walk. The one of interest wore "flood pants", had socks that were yellowed from dirt and sweat, wore boots and had a crippled arm (right I think). I really need his name if you can remember it.

The flames that the psychic mentions, could it be a hazard sign that is nailed to a room in the barn that she mentions. Where farmers would keep all hazardous material and liquid. She said that she is behind the flame. Could she be buried in the floor? Tracker can you check in the barn for any rooms that may look like this when you get permission from owners???

Possibly. Locating a body in the ground without a GPR unit is a bit difficult. If I remember correctly, the barn owner was not all that cooperative, and after 29 years, I am not sure exactly which barn it was. There was more than one barn. One had a number of cars with tarps over them all over the place. Back in that era, no one really cared that much about hazardous materials, more likely that if it was a sign, it was one of the old metal farm equipment, oil or feed company ones. Without making judgment, I have been on three cases where this particular psychic has been called in, and her information was not even close to where the individual was eventually located. She may have a better track record than my experience with her indicates. Her read at the time was "something orange and numbers". The flames were with regard to "something blocking our ability to find Lauren", and that it was "not time to find her yet".

I'm Lauren's first cousin, I was 11 at the time of her disappearance, I have emailed Valerie Morrison and am trying to gather as much information as I can. PLEASE pm me

I did PM you. Sorry it took a week. I work a full time job, am going to college again and am dealing with more recent cases as well. I'll try and check in more often. My PM's to you are bouncing back as your mailbox is full.

OK, what I am thinking that there was no car involved if you are looking for individuals that spent most of their time walking around. I feel that she is close by the area where she went missing, i know that the scent was lost at the motel, but after looking at everything, I just feel that she is close. Does that make sense?

Tracker,
were any footprints noticed heading toward the apartments? as in, could you tell if the adult had walked there using the same path?

and at what point did the adult's prints show next to the child's?

OK, what I am thinking that there was no car involved if you are looking for individuals that spent most of their time walking around. I feel that she is close by the area where she went missing, i know that the scent was lost at the motel, but after looking at everything, I just feel that she is close. Does that make sense?

The spot I want to check with the high tech, deep seeking metal detector and GPR is a mile or less from where she went missing.

Tracker,
were any footprints noticed heading toward the apartments? as in, could you tell if the adult had walked there using the same path?

and at what point did the adult's prints show next to the child's?

The adult prints and Lauren's were along the road from the apartment complex to the highway. I was not looking for adult prints egressing the area at the time, plus every fire fighter, police officer and complex resident had walked all over the area prior to my arrival. It took me a while to pick out her trail from the apartment out to the road. Along the road, Lauren walked on the side of the road, and the adult walked to her right putting them in the grass and dirt. My POI's right arm was inoperative, so he would have been holding her arm with his left, putting her on the road side of him. The adult prints were consistent, Lauren's appeared occasionally when there was enough dust and dirt on the road to catch per print. JH's bloodhound followed the same trail from the apartment, to the side road, to the main road. We attempted to extend it together, but auto exhaust made it difficult. We made it almost to the Vincent motel before the trail petered out.

I forwarded all my evidence to the East Vincent PD over 3 years ago. They have not taken any action that I am aware of and will not return my calls. I gather Lauren's father had the same problem with them. Something really stinks about this. Mickey, if you are reading this, please PM me.

I've been doing a lot of research on unsolved cases in PA lately (I grew up in Delaware County) and this is definitely one of the more heartbreaking ones. It breaks my heart to think about how much Lauren had to overcome after being born with health issues and then something like this happened.

Thanks tracker for the info. Initially, was the concern she had wandered or was it right away concern someone took her?

Is there a map of the area that shows apartment and the hotel? I've read everything on here but also looked at some other cases along the way so I don't recall seeing how far apartment was to road and how far along road to hotel other than total was just under a mile.

Another idea: what if the person walking her along the road was not the abductor but was trying to help in their mind. If she wandered a bit and first adult didn't know where she lived, they might have walked to hotel to call police, etc. Then when near or at hotel, a second adult offered to "help" call someone or drive the kid home but was the actual abductor. If the first adult with the impaired arm was also not all there intellectually, that could make sense. I'm still hung up on why an abductor would walk that far and this explanation could fit.

Ok, I just plugged the apartments and the motel into the google streetview player to get a visual on the route walked, and that is such an odd walk. Just bizarre. Plenty of other places to stop for help. Though I can't help but think if the adult didn't want to be seen, there were a million other ways to walk - into the woods, into some fields, etc.

tracker, if you can share, what day and time did the scent dog lose the trail near the Vincent motel?

was there really a scent trail also found near the barn?

yet another question: wouldn't it have been dark by 7PM in october? Did the neighbor kid really see her go toward home or was he just trying to make sure she didn't get in trouble?

IMG_2978.jpgIMG_2978.jpg
Attached is a recent picture of the corner of park rd and 724. The area behind the whitehall inn was just a field when Lauren disappeared.

Ok, I just plugged the apartments and the motel into the google streetview player to get a visual on the route walked, and that is such an odd walk. Just bizarre. Plenty of other places to stop for help. Though I can't help but think if the adult didn't want to be seen, there were a million other ways to walk - into the woods, into some fields, etc.

tracker, if you can share, what day and time did the scent dog lose the trail near the Vincent motel?

was there really a scent trail also found near the barn?

I honestly can't remember after 29 years, but it was during the daytime the following day. No scent was detected any other place. I have the original SAR report and news articles. Odd way to walk is an understatement, however we are talking about a former Pennhurst patient who was tossed out to fend for himself after the facility was closed. He had a history of trying to bribe young girls close to him with stuffed toys and exposed himself on occasion. For the record, he has passed away.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.
Back