Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've even wondered if he put different items of her clothing in different areas in what he may consider his comfort zones.

He knew he couldn't keep them for his girlfriend to see or find. Nor would he chance LE finding them in his vehicle if he went through a roadblock stop.

The reason I even mention this is sexual predators are known to keep items belonging to their victims so they can go back ,and relive the heinous acts. Both rapists, and rapists who murder their victims keep items belonging to their prey.

I don't know the soil density in the location where he dug an eight inch hole, but even that deep he had to have some type of digging tool...even a makeshift one. By only burying the items eight inches deep it makes me think he had planned to return for perhaps some sick twisted reason. He very well may have several areas where he has put her clothing.

Many murderers do not bury a deep hole to bury the victims. Iirc, the average hole is around 18 inches deep. This is why we see LE often refer to them as shallow graves.

There are so many ways he could have gotten rid of Linda's body where she will never be found.

Some murderers already had the place ready even before the kidnapping.

Imo, JS put a lot of thought into all of it before it even happened.

It's sad, but more murderers seem to be learning the more desecration done to the bodies the less likely evidence will be found including not being able to locate the bodies themselves.

I've also noticed an uptick in gruesome overkills being committed against victims by total stranger offenders who never even knew any of them.

Jmho

The thought crossed my mind that JS may have buried a few articles of clothing behind the Harvest business so that he could join a search party later and be the one who "found" evidence.

He resides in the area. It would not be unusual for area residents to join a search party. The buried clothing was not that far from the abduction.

What was I thinking ? It's not just a vehicle fire !!! Apartment and vehicle fire at location where murder suspect lives.

he lived in apt. 7
wasn't the fire at apt 2?
there are 18 pics of the scene on the lancaster incident network fb and kinzer fire dept site

Kinzer Fire
107103181_2720908558138529_6064831201759204165_n.jpg
106917934_2720908751471843_4176729728217789899_n.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll keep you posted, waiting on some buddies to join me. It’s spooky but I like this stuff. There are cameras all over this parking lot. HOWEVER, there is an unbelievably discreet and perfect way to park along the railroad tracks and enter the entire farm/wooded area undetected from the railroad.
Look for cisterns or abandoned water wells. Keep an eye out for plywood on the ground, trash on the ground [piles of brush could be thrown over an old abandoned water well where he could have put her]. Are there any old septic tanks? Again look for disturbed grass where a septic lid/plug may have been dug out. Since it is hot out, the grass on the lid or plug that was dug out may look dead since the roots were cut when the grass was removed and then put back on after the lid was put back on. These are all good hiding areas but horrible to contemplate. Please be careful. Watch where you are stepping.

U

Any chance a local newspaper discusses the info? (Fingers crossed you can find something)! :D
JMO of course, but our local media is very lacking. The “investigative” reports on the local tv station are items like telling the elderly not to send gift cards to callers who say they are from the IRS, and there’s been terrible turnover at the Lancaster newspaper. It used to have seasoned reporters with great community connections and institutional memory who weren’t afraid to gore some sacred cows. But now the local free advertising weekly has more accurate and well-written material. IMO of course. Thankfully in this instance, the outlets in neighboring counties have jumped in to offer some good reporting.

As restrictive as it can seem sometimes here on WS that we can only work with reliably sourced material, it’s really a good thing. I’m a people watcher who’s been stuck at home too long with the COVID shutdowns, so I’ve been watching items of local importance play out on social media. It’s eye opening, to say the least.

edited to fix quote

Last edited:
I read o
Look for cisterns or abandoned water wells. Keep an eye out for plywood on the ground, trash on the ground [piles of brush could be thrown over an old abandoned water well where he could have put her]. Are there any old septic tanks? Again look for disturbed grass where a septic lid/plug may have been dug out. Since it is hot out, the grass on the lid or plug that was dug out may look dead since the roots were cut when the grass was removed and then put back on after the lid was put back on. These are all good hiding areas but horrible to contemplate. Please be careful. Watch where you are stepping.
I read once that a search group was asked to look up like in trees. They found someone tied in a tree many years ago. Also a guy put several people he murdered inside a hollow tree. Also pig farms?

he lived in apt. 7
wasn't the fire at apt 2?
there are 18 pics of the scene on the lancaster incident network fb and kinzer fire dept site

Kinzer Fire Company

On Saturday at 19:32, Tanker 45 and Engine 45-2 were dispatched to 3265 Lincoln Hwy E (Paradise Twp)
107103181_2720908558138529_6064831201759204165_n.jpg
106917934_2720908751471843_4176729728217789899_n.jpg
Yes, fire in apt 2. I didn't know what apartment he lived in but thanks to you I do now.

I read o

I read once that a search group was asked to look up like in trees. They found someone tied in a tree many years ago. Also a guy put several people he murdered inside a hollow tree. Also pig farms?

Hi Passion!

I think I followed that horrific case.

He was a stranger to the victims. Iirc. It was a mom, and her child. I think he dismembered them, and killed their little dog putting it in the tree too.

It sure shows there is a lot of diabolical evil among us, and we never know when they are going to strike because so often we dont even know who they are until it's far too late just like it was for Linda. :(

It really is a frightening world we live in now, and becoming violently worse every single day.

Jmho

Wait, I’m confused. The charging documents for JS list his street address as 3250. The Kinzer site about the fire says it was at 3265, which would be on the opposite side of the street. What am I missing?
The Kinzer site could be wrong. I entered July 4, 2020 fire at 3250 Lincoln Highway Paradise PA to find it. There is nothing but guard rail across from his red brick apartment building.

JMO of course, but our local media is very lacking. The “investigative” reports on the local tv station are items like telling the elderly not to send gift cards to callers who say they are from the IRS, and there’s been terrible turnover at the Lancaster newspaper. It used to have seasoned reporters with great community connections and institutional memory who weren’t afraid to gore some sacred cows. But now the local free advertising weekly has more accurate and well-written material. IMO of course. Thankfully in this instance, the outlets in neighboring counties have jumped in to offer some good reporting.

As restrictive as it can seem sometimes here on WS that we can only work with reliably sourced material, it’s really a good thing. I’m a people watcher who’s been stuck at home too long with the COVID shutdowns, so I’ve been watching items of local importance play out on social media. It’s eye opening, to say the least.

edited to fix quote

I absolutely agree that more information can sometimes be found on social media. But, as you stated, we can't discuss it without proper verification from an MSM. :( While the TOS for WS can sometimes be restrictive, I understand why they are in place. I was so hopeful that a reporter was reading these SM posts and picked up the story. IMO, the information posted deserves a discussion.

Hi Passion!

I think I followed that horrific case.

He was a stranger to the victims. Iirc. It was a mom, and her child. I think he dismembered them, and killed their little dog putting it in the tree too.

It sure shows there is a lot of diabolical evil among us, and we never know when they are going to strike because so often we dont even know who they are until it's far too late just like it was for Linda. :(

It really is a frightening world we live in now, and becoming violently worse every single day.

Jmho

I remember the case, too. My brother had worked briefly with the murderer a few years before. He (my brother) was so shaken up by the events that happened. He thought the murderer was a jerk and “very off” when they worked together, but never imagined he could do that!

I hope Linda is found soon and able to be put to rest properly by her loved ones.

I seriously think he took Leaman Avenue to park by the railroad tracks. Walked the railroad track that bends alongside eshelman run (eshelman rum is a creek - too shallow for a body). There is a pile of dirt that looks like someone shoveled a grave quite frankly. It’s the closest point where eshelman run (creek) meets the railroad. It could obviously just be dirt. but it’s fresh soil with no vegetation and conspicuous. I really think we are on to something even if this is a pile of dirt. 1. He can get access back here completely undetected. I spoke with the junkyard on Leaman ave and the owner was not there all day Fathers Day and had no idea if anyone did or did not come by (I spoke with him - poor English and he wouldn’t have noticed one way or another). There are no security cameras at the other factories off Lincoln highway (you can see the back of them - they are isolated as is and were definitely empty on Father’s Day). 2. He’s very familiar 3. It’s isolated from everything, especially if the tourist steam train wasn’t running (that’s the only way he could be seen). 4. It makes sense logistically!! Harvest Structures is really close, Amish road is nearby, and abduction site is nearby. No way he had time to go to welsh mountains.

Typically farms are difficult for this type of thing, but the entire church property is ideal. It’s hard to describe, but it has to do with topography and elevation. There is a unique spot on the farm/wooded area by the tracks where you can do anything at any time and be undetected. I’ll upload pictures tonight but this is a hot spot.

Wait, I’m confused. The charging documents for JS list his street address as 3250. The Kinzer site about the fire says it was at 3265, which would be on the opposite side of the street. What am I missing?

Could they have used that address because that’s where they set up?

Attachments

• C8481A46-64A6-4B8D-8699-514BA082416E.jpeg
    C8481A46-64A6-4B8D-8699-514BA082416E.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 12
The Kinzer site could be wrong. I entered July 4, 2020 fire at 3250 Lincoln Highway Paradise PA to find it. There is nothing but guard rail across from his red brick apartment building.
Oops, I stand corrected ; someone posted a link (apology to linker, JJ1492 possibly ?) to fire then later I Google date etc.

I seriously think he took Leaman Avenue to park by the railroad tracks. Walked the railroad track that bends alongside eshelman run (eshelman rum is a creek - too shallow for a body). There is a pile of dirt that looks like someone shoveled a grave quite frankly. It’s the closest point where eshelman run (creek) meets the railroad. It could obviously just be dirt. but it’s fresh soil with no vegetation and conspicuous. I really think we are on to something even if this is a pile of dirt. 1. He can get access back here completely undetected. I spoke with the junkyard on Leaman ave and the owner was not there all day Fathers Day and had no idea if anyone did or did not come by (I spoke with him - poor English and he wouldn’t have noticed one way or another). There are no security cameras at the other factories off Lincoln highway (you can see the back of them - they are isolated as is and were definitely empty on Father’s Day). 2. He’s very familiar 3. It’s isolated from everything, especially if the tourist steam train wasn’t running (that’s the only way he could be seen). 4. It makes sense logistically!! Harvest Structures is really close, Amish road is nearby, and abduction site is nearby. No way he had time to go to welsh mountains.

Typically farms are difficult for this type of thing, but the entire church property is ideal. It’s hard to describe, but it has to do with topography and elevation. There is a unique spot on the farm/wooded area by the tracks where you can do anything at any time and be undetected. I’ll upload pictures tonight but this is a hot spot.
Shouldn't you notify LE about the pile of dirt that looks like a grave, before you do anything else ?

I'm not sure what is planted there at this time of the year. It's usually corn fields and corn fields are the choice of some criminals to dispose of a body, especially here in the south. Usually by the time they are found, the body has been there for weeks. Corn stalks are pretty tough and super dense but you could drag a body between the rows. I'm not a corn farmer and don't know a lot about it but I think once the corn is planted it is left alone until harvest. Last year while in this very area on Black Horse Rd, a deer ran out of the corn field and I almost hit it. Maybe someone on this site could provide info on corn farming.

I'm not a corn farmer, but I'm the wife (and daughter/daughter-in-law, granddaughter, niece, etc. etc.) of one, and our home is currently quite literally surrounded, besides our driveway, with up to 10 foot tall field corn. I would not want to be going in there for any reason. The stalks are really tough, as mentioned, and so are the leaves. There's maybe 12-18" between rows, but this space is mostly filled with leaves from about 12" off of the ground.

If you drag something like a body through a row, I can't imagine how you wouldn't see some damage to the stalks along the entry point, but if you enter somewhere obscure, it might just be that no one would notice any damage. The dragger and the draggee would both be likely to be wide enough to knock in to some of the stalks, IMO.

Our corn was sprayed with a pre-emergent herbicide, and then it's left alone until harvest.

Hope that helps a little. I'll maybe be back more with my "expertise" on hog farms :)

I could see a defense attorney offering to charge bargain after a trial, if he thinks the defendant doesn't stand a chance of the jury returning a not guilty verdict.
Outside of that, he/she would be showing his or her hand before an offer is made.
For example.. and this is hypothetical... JS has a defense attorney. He/she approaches the DA and says "My client will tell you where the body is if you give him lwop".
There are two things wrong with this. The DA now knows the defendant knows where the body is, and may simply say "nah, let's go to trial" or... the DA was going to offer the defendant a sentence bargain of say 25-life.
A smart defense attorney would say to the DA... "so what are you offering"? and negotiate from there.
It's up to the prosecution to prove the case.
It's a game of poker.
That's why you never start the bid at auction. You may start the bid off at $1000.00 when if you said nothing, the auctioneer may start it out at $100.00 and nobody but you bids.

Ita!

The cases I've followed where the offender was a stranger to the victim they havent ended in any plea deal.

In fact I've seen many of those cases where there wasn't any familiar link between the offender,and victim or multiple victims that became DP qualified cases with the DAs refusing to make any deal at all with the 'devil.'

Sometimes in the states who have the DP it is more important for the DA to send a strong message. Concluding that when a defendant goes against everything society is willing to accept the death penalty is the only rational sentence option that fits the crimes committed by the worst of the worst defendants.

Imo, Linda's case is one of those where the DA will think long, and hard about what is the harshest appropriate punishment allowable under PA criminal law supported by the facts surrounding her case.

In Linda's case you have the innocence of the victim who hadn't ever had a boyfriend. Imo, she was pure as the little defenseless young victims of pedophiles who defiled them destroying their innocence before being murdered.

So I believe knowing who she was, and how she lived her short beautiful life will be greatly considered when the DA contemplates which sentence under PA law fits all of the horrific crimes she had to endure from beginning to the fatal end. It will also be considered should the defendant, and his client come with a plea deal offer.

I believe once the ongoing investigation is completed by all LE agencies working her case they will have amassed a wealth of evidence to prove first degree murder BARD with or without Linda's body.

Cases like Linda's are just too horrendous to warrnt any plea deal.

I remember Sierra Lamar's DA made it known from minute one he wouldn't accept any plea offer in exchange for giving up the location where the murderer had put her body. She's still missing,and he's serving LWOP. Sierra's parents understood that decision knowing when it comes down to it ..its up to the DA to decide.

Jmho tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member