Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s such a shame that they even have to say this! WTH is wrong with people?
It bothers me too that this was a hotline set up for the Plain community to receive information about COVID, and then they started using it for updates on Linda and search information. It was intended for people who can’t just turn on the tv or jump on a website to see what’s going on.

Then the number was posted all over the internet, and other people started inserting themselves into the situation and overtaxing the line, leaving messages, so that callers couldn’t get through. I guess most of it was well-intentioned, but manners and determining what’s appropriate behavior seem to have become lost arts.

I don't think Linda will be in that storm drain. It appears to be designed for heavy rain runoff and something plugging it up would be quickly noticed.

Has it rained recently in the area? I agree, this would be a good way to determine if some type of obstacle was preventing the water from running freely.

It bothers me too that this was a hotline set up for the Plain community to receive information about COVID, and then they started using it for updates on Linda and search information. It was intended for people who can’t just turn on the tv or jump on a website to see what’s going on.

Then the number was posted all over the internet, and other people started inserting themselves into the situation and overtaxing the line, leaving messages, so that callers couldn’t get through. I guess most of it was well-intentioned, but manners and determining what’s appropriate behavior seem to have become lost arts.

That is sad to hear about the tip line.

It happens in other cases too where LE gets so many well meaning tips but most of them end up being things that dont pan out.

I think what happens is people want to help so much they call in the tip line to offer advice or things they have thought about to try and help LE.

Its almost like there needs to be 2 tip lines in cases anymore. 1 is for real solid tips and the other one would be for more general tips that are not specific.

Sort of like how LE has a 911 number for real emergencies and they have a non-emergency number if you want to talk to LE anyway about something. Maybe tip lines need to start having two different ones like that.

The FBI used the word “recovery” when they offered the reward in the poster last week: “The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Linda Stoltzfoos and the identification, arrest and conviction of the subject(s) responsible for her disappearance.”

LINDA STOLTZFOOS | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Morning all!

I pray this will be the day LE will recover Linda's body so she can be brought home to her beloved family who waits. Every second of every day waiting must seem like a lifetime.

In missing person cases much more can be learned by what LE have been doing, and where showing whether they are in a rescue mission or recovery mode.

Imo, the FBI profilers are telling LE ..JSs is not the type to keep his victim alive.

Why would he keep her alive knowing if found alive she would be able to testify against him where he would be going back to prison probably for the rest of his life?

Suspects like JS place no human value on anyone else's life. However they do their own, and silence the victims while never blinking an eye or have any regrets. They know even if caught the victims won't ever be able to tell what happened to them, and what all they were made to endure. It's not only a protective mode used, but it still gives them power,and control over the victims families. The same reasons they refuse to tell the families where the bodies of their love ones are located.

Imo, they have evidence showing Linda is no longer alive.

I haven't had time to read the articles about his girlfriend's vehicle catching fire. So may I ask these questions?

Was the fire before or after Linda was kidnapped? Did they find the cause of the fire? Did the fire leave it inoperable?

What is strange is LE seems to have his GPS pinpointing his whereabouts. Doesn't it even show if he stopped, and for how long?

If there is one article explaining the burned car would someone be so kind to link it again. TIA

I don't think anyone else was involved, but do wonder if he drove another vehicle when disposing her body using a benign excuse for needing it.

Jmho

Has it rained recently in the area? I agree, this would be a good way to determine if some type of obstacle was preventing the water from running freely.
Wow, good thought JDough about has it rained and is there an obstacle preventing water run off. I am wondering is there is some kind of larger drainage ditch at Dutchland ? Does anyone know ? I haven't wanted to say it because the thought of it is nauseating and extremely upsetting to me but thought of dismembering has occurred. Linda Stoltzfoos has only been seen twice, once at abduction and once in Gap, never after that. That's why I think Gap is important.

Search continues for missing Amish teen Friday morning in East Earl Township

Authorities in conjunction with the volunteer crews (mentioned yesterday by @Divine) are conducting a search detail along Airport Road in Earl Township at 730 this morning.

"Airport road is less than a mile long and connects South Kinzer Avenue to Ranck Road. The search is abut 11 miles northeast of where Stoltzfoos was believed to be abducted."

Airport road is just a couple minutes west of the Welsh Mountains.

Last edited:
Search continues for missing Amish teen Friday morning in East Earl Township

Authorities in conjunction with the volunteer crews (mentioned yesterday by @Divine) are conducting a search detail along Airport Road in Earl Township at 730 this morning.

"Airport road is less than a mile long and connects South Kinzer Avenue to Ranck Road. The search is abut 11 miles northeast of where Stoltzfoos was believed to be abducted."

Airport road is to just a couple minutes west of the Welsh Mountains.

Attachments

• 03EEEF16-DDB6-46A0-8403-557E9AABA39E.png
    03EEEF16-DDB6-46A0-8403-557E9AABA39E.png
    341.2 KB · Views: 57
On vacation, but thinking of and praying for Linda's family, and yes, Smoker's family as well, as we have been asked to do. Praying that today will be the day Linda is found...wouldn't it be a blessing and miracle if she were found alive?

That is sad to hear about the tip line.

The sad thing, IMO, is that this isn’t even a tip line. It’s run by Amish and Plain Mennonites for getting information out to them in a more timely fashion than newspapers. It’s essentially for communication within the group. Lately it’s been used for updates on Linda’s case and if they are requesting Amish volunteers for searches.

I’m Mennonite, but not from a Plain congregation, and I don’t speak PA Dutch. This line is not even for me. I can go on line or watch tv to see what’s going on. I guess people so want to be a part of something that they don’t use any discernment.

So I see the info has been posted above about today’s search. There’s a housing development there, some fields, a church with athletic fields, maybe some construction, and two bodies of water behind the housing development that may be permanent ponds or might also be drainage put in for the development where the water comes and goes based on rainfall.

The Amish are completely anti-death penalty so as much as I might agree that they should go for it, I doubt they will out of respect for Linda’s family’s wishes. JMO.

This fact, along with the fact they have already and will continue to pray for JS and his family. No one deserves tragedy and sorrow, but these people who have probably already forgave will continue to support JS family long after this is over.

At first glance it looks like a Chevy Blazer to me. MOO.
I’ll look more closely though and do some research.

ETA: I was looking at the wrong pics. The ones of the truck and the vehicle next to the truck (which IMHO is a Chevy Blazer or Oldsmobile Bravada). Good grief! I’m now looking at the right/correct ones.
Your not the only one who initially looked at wrong pics; I did as well. lol.

This was my first thought as well — that maybe he approached her and said something like... “hey, I really hate to bother you but what is your name?” And when she said “Linda, why?” He was like “ahh thank God it’s you! There’s been an accident involving one of your family members and someone from your church flagged me down and asked me to keep an eye out for you. Come on, I’ll take you to them right now.” Or something along those lines. I can only think of a few things he could’ve said that wouldn’t have caused immediate suspicion. I’m far from naive... but if were still 18 and someone approached me with such a scenario, I’d probably be so panicked and worried that I wouldn’t even question him.
Your right about that family emergency scenario along with being young and trusting at 18.

says police observed his car at Dutchland @ 14:45 and surveyed it until it left at 17:25 I believe 7/8---7/10 he was interviewed and arrested

Dutchland Hours.....
Thursday
9 AM - 5 PM
Friday
9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday
Closed
Sunday
Closed
Monday
9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday
9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday
9 AM - 5 PM
Due to coronavirus restrictions, business hours & services may vary for the near future. Please confirm with the business.
Wasn't it on July 8th, they found her clothes buried behind Heartland Structures ?

Morning all!

I pray this will be the day LE will recover Linda's body so she can be brought home to her beloved family who waits. Every second of every day waiting must seem like a lifetime.

In missing person cases much more can be learned by what LE have been doing, and where showing whether they are in a rescue mission or recovery mode.

Imo, the FBI profilers are telling LE ..JSs is not the type to keep his victim alive.

Why would he keep her alive knowing if found alive she would be able to testify against him where he would be going back to prison probably for the rest of his life?

Suspects like JS place no human value on anyone else's life. However they do their own, and silence the victims while never blinking an eye or have any regrets. They know even if caught the victims won't ever be able to tell what happened to them, and what all they were made to endure. It's not only a protective mode used, but it still gives them power,and control over the victims families. The same reasons they refuse to tell the families where the bodies of their love ones are located.

Imo, they have evidence showing Linda is no longer alive.

I haven't had time to read the articles about his girlfriend's vehicle catching fire. So may I ask these questions?

Was the fire before or after Linda was kidnapped? Did they find the cause of the fire? Did the fire leave it inoperable?

What is strange is LE seems to have his GPS pinpointing his whereabouts. Doesn't it even show if he stopped, and for how long?

If there is one article explaining the burned car would someone be so kind to link it again. TIA

I don't think anyone else was involved, but do wonder if he drove another vehicle when disposing her body using a benign excuse for needing it.

Jmho

Home

Not much about this other than the 7/4 incident report on the Fire Dept page.

Your right about that family emergency scenario along with being young and trusting at 18.
I don’t know, though. She’d just left a gathering where the rest of her immediate family was. And almost any time there’s an emergency here, sirens start up to call the volunteer firefighters for assistance with traffic and/or first aid and/or assistance getting to the victim. I’d sooner think he displayed a weapon, expecting her to be nonresistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019