Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WGAL spoke with searchers at the Bird in Hand Fire Company on Monday afternoon.

The search continues and they are asking any volunteers who would like to join the search to come to the fire hall on Enterprise Drive. Anyone can volunteer. No special skills are required. Searchers will be paired with experienced first responders.

They are asking people not to search on their own or go to Stoltzfoos' house.

POLICE LOOKING FOR MISSING 18-year-old last seen in Bird in Hand

This is happening a few miles away from me. The missing girl is definitely Amish. Most Amish teens don’t have to take drastic measures to spend a few years enjoying “English” life until they join the church—most Amish parents expect it. Around here, many Amish families have some members who decided not to continue being Amish. A few shun these people, but most just carry on and find ways to include them as beloved children and siblings. So I’m doubting that Linda felt the need to run away to a new life.

When Amish church is over, the young ladies walk home, usually in groups, or might be driven home in an open carriage by a potential suitor. I wonder if Linda planned to follow her typical way of getting home yesterday.

My concern is that she may have been hit walking on the road or abducted. A lot of the roads here have almost no shoulder and people drive like maniacs. A few years ago, we had robbers targeting Amish farm stands, which are often staffed by young girls. The Amish are considered to be rather docile and trusting, so I hope Linda wasn’t abducted by anyone on the road.

i'm in the uk...bit confused why you say an 'English life'. you're all in America.

the photos on facebook are very touching, a community working together. hope she is found very soon but there can't be an innocent explanation here can there? it feels doomed to me. so very sad

i'm in the uk...bit confused why you say an 'English life'. you're all in America.

the photos on facebook are very touching, a community working together. hope she is found very soon but there can't be an innocent explanation here can there? it feels doomed to me. so very sad
Hi, Rosegold. I don’t have a good feeling about this either. The Amish refer to non-Amish as “English”—probably from the fact that the Amish traditionally speak a form of German, while the other people in the area speak English.

The Amish live somewhat separate from non Amish and call non Amish ‘English’.

note that Amish church is usually a service in rotating homes, not a specific building set aside for religious purposes. Also note each Amish group has differing rules regarding headcoverings, cell phone use, electricity use, bicycles, and posed photographs, among other things. So a photo of this young woman doesn't really imply anything. And Stoltzfus is a common last name in Lancaster county. A quick google search will show many businesses with the name.

This is happening a few miles away from me. The missing girl is definitely Amish. Most Amish teens don’t have to take drastic measures to spend a few years enjoying “English” life until they join the church—most Amish parents expect it. Around here, many Amish families have some members who decided not to continue being Amish. A few shun these people, but most just carry on and find ways to include them as beloved children and siblings. So I’m doubting that Linda felt the need to run away to a new life.

When Amish church is over, the young ladies walk home, usually in groups, or might be driven home in an open carriage by a potential suitor. I wonder if Linda planned to follow her typical way of getting home yesterday.

My concern is that she may have been hit walking on the road or abducted. A lot of the roads here have almost no shoulder and people drive like maniacs. A few years ago, we had robbers targeting Amish farm stands, which are often staffed by young girls. The Amish are considered to be rather docile and trusting, so I hope Linda wasn’t abducted by anyone on the road.
I was wondering if she walked home/buggy/ scooter etc? Do you know the distance between the church and her home?

Search on for teen girl seen at church before vanishing in rural Pennsylvania

SABBM:

However, police officer Matt Hess told WGAL News 8 on Monday that “there is no reason to believe that she wanted to leave” and that the department does not have an explanation as to why she vanished.

“She didn’t indicate to anyone that she wanted to go take a trip, so it’s very out of character for women to do this,” Hess said.

“So it changed the circumstances in the sense that there was no preplanned events or reasons for her to not come back home.”

Stoltzfoos is a member of the Amish church and has brown hair and blue eyes, WGAL reported. She may be at risk of injury.

This is worrisome.

I'm wondering if she has a known medical condition that could put her at risk, for example, a seizure disorder or a mental health dx.

What was the weather like at the time she went missing, anyone know?

JMO.

I live in Lancaster County, Amish in this part of Lancaster tend to be a bit more modern, she lives in a tourist area, so it’s not uncommon to not be completely strict. Being that it’s touristy also worries me that an outsider may have abducted her. Her description 5ft 10 125 lbs, makes me think she is model material... I hope I’m wrong and she left on her own.

You don't suppose she may have tried hitching a ride to FL do you?

We have a sizeable Amish/Mennonite community where I live, Pinecraft, in Sarasota.
I live about 35-40 min. from Lancaster, I drive there often and see the Amish community often as well. I have never seen someone hitchhike. I won't say it couldn't happen but this young lady has been described by those who know her as timid. I am very concerned for her. Praying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro