Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg this is so sad ... what if Linda was trying to send a message by not waving back like something is wrong, help me!!!

On June 29, police spoke with a married couple that were also in the Amish community and said that they saw an Amish woman riding in a passenger seat of a red or orange car, wearing a white apron and black head covering, police said.

The couple thought it was odd because Amish churches in that area don't wear black head coverings and when the woman waved to the car's passenger, she never waved back, which is an Amish tradition, according to the affidavit.

Paradise Twp. man charged with kidnapping Linda Stoltzfoos, an Amish teen who is still missing [update]

Some Amish businesses use security cameras. Just not in their homes. Kind of like phones & electricity. Our Amish neighbors have a business & they use security cameras around the outside of their buildings. Even at their cheese & egg stand. But no cameras, phones or electricity in their home.
Also there are regular homes in between farms that are not Amish who may also have had cameras.

The picture of Justo Smokers vehicle that is the main available photo, comes from in front of 557 Beechdale rd. Its quite sad to think, that unless he turned around right after this photo, and believing Linda is in the vehicle at this stage, then most likely they drove right past Lindas family home at 519 Beechdale rd. Looking at the garage across from 557, im thinking possibly a camera could be hiding somewhere, but I'm thinking more likely a dashcam, is what captured this image of JS's vehicle.
The still photo from the video that LE mentioned of her abduction shows his car pulled over in front of the business with the roadside silos; looks like he pulled over as she was walking and offered her a ride home. Nothing threatening. Then they do actually pass her house; I wonder if he said oh don't worry I'll bring you right back, or oops I missed your driveway I'll just turn around, but never does. By then she was probably too terrified to move. I
Moo

Rebekah Bletsch refused to get into Jeffrey Willis's car as she was jogging on a road north of Muskegon, Michigan in June of 2014.
He shot her and she died on that road she was jogging on.

A teenage girl, a couple years later, did get in his car. Luckily she successfully jumped from his vehicle when she saw he had a gun, ran for her life and survived. She is the reason Jeffrey Willis has been convicted of two murders: Jessica Heeringa ( still missing, presumed dead) and Rebekah Bletsch.
Getting in the car or not getting in the car....6 one way...half a dozen the other.
I hope LS is found alive.
MOO
However, if you ‘re going to be killed, I believe it’s better to be killed on the spot as opposed to the horrid things that could/would be done after you’re taken from there.

Rebekah Bletsch refused to get into Jeffrey Willis's car as she was jogging on a road north of Muskegon, Michigan in June of 2014.
He shot her and she died on that road she was jogging on.

A teenage girl, a couple years later, did get in his car. Luckily she successfully jumped from his vehicle when she saw he had a gun, ran for her life and survived. She is the reason Jeffrey Willis has been convicted of two murders: Jessica Heeringa ( still missing, presumed dead) and Rebekah Bletsch.
Getting in the car or not getting in the car....6 one way...half a dozen the other.
I hope LS is found alive.
MOO
BBM
NO!!!
Absolutely wrong! More like 11.999... 0001 the other!
NEVER EVER EVER get into the vehicle. Whatever sick plans an abductor has will take place at a secondary location.

The still photo from the video that LE mentioned of her abduction shows his car pulled over in front of the business with the roadside silos; looks like he pulled over as she was walking and offered her a ride home. Nothing threatening. Then they do actually pass her house; I wonder if he said oh don't worry I'll bring you right back, or oops I missed your driveway I'll just turn around, but never does. By then she was probably too terrified to move. I
Moo
I really think it would be out of character for an Amish woman to accept a ride with a man she didn’t know on a beautiful day not far from her home. JMO

Moo

Yes indeed, and when reports of people seeing her in the passenger seat, and subjects waiving to Linda, with no corresponding wave back, It leads me to think maybe JS had made a threat evident at that point already, and she was nervous for good reason at that point. Perhaps under the view of the cars dash, he had a weapon trained on her. Just me speculating about the weapon. Poor girl.

[bbm]

where does it say she didn't scream or put up a fight?
You’re right, I guess it doesn’t say either way. I guess I should look through the latest information to see if it’s substantiated that people saw Linda walking on the road and then lost sight of her but didn’t hear or see anything suspicious. It’s been confusing as to whether she was seen leaving the church location or not.

I know - I really debated this one. I couldn't think of any reason why she would unless she knew him somehow because it would be so unusual.
He may have been (going back to his old ways) casing the farmers markets and had spoken to her there, so she may have recognized him.
"The brothers robbed four different businesses and farm markets in a six-day stretch between August 8, 2006 and August 13, 2006.."
Justo Smoker: Man Charged With Kidnap of Missing Amish Girl | Heavy.com

I know - I really debated this one. I couldn't think of any reason why she would unless she knew him somehow because it would be so unusual.
I’ve considered whether she might have known/recognized him or not. Nothing obvious is coming to me as how they could be acquainted. But even if they were, I could see her talking to him outside the car but not getting in for a ride. JMO

I’ve considered whether she might have known/recognized him or not. Nothing obvious is coming to me as how they could be acquainted. But even if they were, I could see her talking to him outside the car but not getting in for a ride. JMO
Some men are charming and disarming and quite dangerous.

So sad to read the latest news.
My eyes kept going back to the line that he buried her clothes.
Likely ripped or damaged in some way, or soiled with God knows what.
I'm so sorry Linda. :(
Just jumping off your post...

Perhaps LE found the buried clothes prior to the arrest...
And saw they were wet....?

This would explain the searches that were concentrating on bodies of water?

Just a thought...

The suspect's full name (per posted probation records) is Justo Roberto Smoker. Some posters have stated that he is the same person as his family member (whom we can't name per TOS.) Please check the exact name carefully so that we stay within the rules. They are two separate people, and the one who is not the suspect can not be sluthed or named here.

This goes to show the FBI and Police often have much more information than we see in the news.
Security camera footage, eyewitness accounts of her riding in a red car, and other information yet to be released has been quietly gathered behind the scenes. As much as we would like to know every detail, withholding this information from the public and even the family is essential to the investigative process.
Please remember this the next time posters are saying the police aren’t working on anything, or aren’t doing their jobs.
My prayers tonight are for Linda and her family, and the community.

BBM
NO!!!
Absolutely wrong! More like 11.999... 0001 the other!
NEVER EVER EVER get into the vehicle. Whatever sick plans an abductor has will take place at a secondary location.
I couldn’t agree more. I make my stand and die in the road rather than be taken somewhere else for torture and then probably die anyway without my family finding my body. But, I would never judge anyone else for their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste