Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day prior to the abduction of Linda Stolzfoos - From Criminal Complaint

Times given by the girls are approximate

6/20/2020 13:22:00 JS Purchasing beer
6/20/2020 14:35:00 JS Purchasing alcohol
6/20/2020 17:25:00 JS Purchasing gloves
6/20/2020 19:41:00 JS Driving
6/20/2020 20:00:00 JS Stalking Anna King
6/20/2020 20:00:00 JS Stalking group of girls
6/20/2020 20:30:00 JS Stalking Katie Lantz

Purchasing Alcohol and Gloves (gloves not located), then Stalking Amish Girls.

The days after the abduction of Linda Stolzfoos - From Criminal Complaint

Most times not noted in criminal complaint

6/22/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
6/23/2020 17:00:00 Report of JS car at 3104 Harvest Road 3 times per cell phone records
6/24/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
6/25/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
6/27/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
7/10/2020 Location of Bra and Socks at 3104 Harvest Road

JS was at this location 7 times per witness and cell phone records (plus one time on the 21st). 8 times for a bra and socks? I don't think so. There may be more at this location or LE has not released all of the forensics information.

Last edited:
The days after the abduction of Linda Stolzfoos - From Criminal Complaint

Most times not noted in criminal complaint

6/22/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
6/23/2020 17:00:00 Report of JS car at 3104 Harvest Road 3 times per cell phone records
6/24/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
6/25/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
6/27/2020 JS at 3104 Harvest Road
7/10/2020 Location of Bra and Socks at 3104 Harvest Road

JS was at this location 7 times per witness and cell phone records (plus one time on the 21st). 8 times for a bra and socks? I don't think so. There may be more at this location or LE has not released all of the forensics information.

Was that an active business? Did no one note his presence there repeatedly? Horrors but it matters one wonder if he kept her alive. Too public, however, for that to be the case, I think. More likely, she was buried there, then moved, or he returned frequently to his trophies to re-enact.

A serial offender in the making. LWOP.

JMO

The day of the abduction - From Criminal Complaint

6/21/2020 9:28:00 Walmart, 2034 Lincoln Highway Lancaster, PA JS Walking into store Video
6/21/2020 10:13:00 Dollar General, 3337 E Lincoln Highway Paradise, PA JS Purchasing gloves and laces
6/21/2020 12:04:00 Leola Beverage, 352 W Main Street Leola, PA JS Purchasing beer Bank Statements
6/21/2020 12:16:00 Sheetz, 2425 Old Philadelphia Pike Lancaster, PA JS Putting item(s) in trash Video
6/21/2020 12:22:00 North on Mt. Sidney Road Lancaster, PA JS Driving Video
6/21/2020 12:30:00 East then West on Stumptown Road Bird-In-Hand, PA JS Driving Witness and Video
6/21/2020 12:41:29 Beachdale Road Bird-In-Hand, PA Abduction Video
6/21/2020 12:41:52 South on Beachdale Road Bird-In-Hand, PA JS Driving w/passenger Video
6/21/2020 Weavertown Mennonite School, 73 Orchard Road Bird-In-Hand, PA Behind School 5 min Video
6/21/2020 East on Church Road Bird-In-Hand, PA JS Driving w/passenger Video
6/21/2020 13:30:00 Amish Road and Buena Vista Road Gap, PA JS Driving w/LS Witness
6/21/2020 13:30:00 North on Amish Road Gap, PA JS Driving w/LS Witness
6/21/2020 13:30:00 North on Redwell Road, then East on Peters Road Gap, PA JS Driving w/LS Witness
6/21/2020 15:30:00 3250 Lincoln Highway Ronks, PA JS Washing car + Interior Witness
6/21/2020 14:32:00 3104 Harvest Road Ronks, PA JS at location Cell phone records 14:32 to 15.35

Got the locations faster than I expected. I think JS pulled behind the Weavertown Mennonite School, took the "sack" off and told her that if she yelled or made any signal, he would kill her, then continued on. At some point between 13:30 hours and 15:30 hours, LS is no longer seen. That is only two hours.

Was that an active business? Did no one note his presence there repeatedly? Horrors but it matters one wonder if he kept her alive. Too public, however, for that to be the case, I think. More likely, she was buried there, then moved, or he returned frequently to his trophies to re-enact.

A serial offender in the making. LWOP.

JMO

Yes, it is an active shed building business. There are a number of them in Lancaster County.

JS's apartment is right where the Stroudsburg Railroad joins the active Amtrak lines. 3104 Harvest Road is just North of that, along the same Amtrak lines.

Really makes me wonder how JS knew the 3104 Harvest Road location so well.

Despite all the searches conducted at the Welsh Mountain, the Criminal Complaint makes no mention of this area. The sightings of the car with Linda in the passenger seat appear to end at Peters Road and, starting from the abduction site, the vehicle was heading in that direction.

Doubtless they have the cell pings there along with the texts to and from Smoker's brother however perhaps are keeping this evidence for the trial only.

With his obvious depravity, perhaps he kept items of clothing as "souvenirs" and buried them in a shallow hole at Harvest Drive and couldn't resist visiting this address so frequently (8 times) because he wished to remind himself of his handiwork.
That's been my thought all along.
IMO, he picked that location to bury the clothing so he could walk the tracks and visit at a later date. I believe he used the business for a reference point so he could find the items easier.
I also believe that LE found more than just clothing there as well. As I previously posted, LE seemed to think she was no longer alive once they found the items. If he only had a few items, he could have easily walked to that location from his apartment. Did he drive there because he couldn't carry whatever it was he had besides the clothing? If not then why risk being seen at the location in his car so many times?
I think she was there, he moved her, and then kept going back to see if he left something behind besides the two items..
All MOO.

The last sighting was at Red Well and Peters Rd at 1:30 and the vehicle seemed to be heading for the Welsh Mountain.

Did he get there and not find a secluded enough spot? The cell tower would have pinged there hence the searches.

Did he panic and drive off to look for somewhere else? Did he pull into the Harvest Drive property(closed and likely deserted on Sunday), committed his evil acts and left her there before returning home to wash his car? Were all the subsequent visits to this address related to disposal?

Were the train tracks active? Is it possible a train was stopped, had an open car with say coal, debris, trash, etc. so he put her remains in a train car? Then the train went on, the cars were emptied at their destination without a human even noticing anything amiss?

The lines are high speed and freight. Freight trains would most likely not stop in that area. They would stop behind his apartment to transfer freight cars between BNSF and Stroudsburg Railroad. Stroudsburg does do some freight transfers.

I wonder where his phone pinged AFTER each of the seven times he returned to the Harvest Drive site?

Doubtless LE have investigated this.

Still a lot of information we don't have. As you correctly noted, none of the locations listed in the criminal complaint put JS and LS in the heavily wooded areas of Welsh Mountain after the abduction, yet that's where LE targeted the searches and could have been based on the cell phone pings of another individual. I also wonder how extensive the search of the railroad right of way was, other than where the bra and socks were located.

The criminal complaint did not note the times (with one exception) and duration on location of each of the returns to Harvest Drive. It could have been a quick check to see if the evidence had been discovered, or something not yet discovered had been dug up by wildlife. Three times on the 23rd seems very strange.

Comparing the criminal complaint to Google Earth, the distance between Weavertown Mennonite School to Buena Vista Road and Amish Road is considerable, I think he traveled Church to Weavertown, to Harvest, to 772 (Newport Rd) South through Kitchen Kettle Village all the way down to Rt30, then East to 897 to White Horse Road East to Amish Road North to be seen at Amish and Buena Vista. Staying on Amish would have taken them back to 772, but then they end up North of 340 again to get to Peters Road (897). I need to think on that a bit. This appears to have been the meandering Sunday country drive from hell. There was also a solar eclipse that day.

The last place LS was seen with JS was at Peters Road near 897. The only wooded area that looks good to me in that area is on Snake Rd at Umbles Run. The creek and a couple of ponds, one right next to the road with good access. I think this is where I will check next. JS then could have taken 897 down to 340 and then West to Harvest Road and the evidence burial.

6/21/2020 13:30:00 North on Redwell Road, then East on Peters Road Gap, PA - JS Driving w/LS - Seen by witness - Last time JS and LS were seen together.
6/21/2020 14:32:00 3104 Harvest Road Ronks, PA - JS at location - Cell phone records 14:32 to 15.35 - Hiding the evidence
6/21/2020 15:30:00 3250 Lincoln Highway Ronks, PA - JS Washing car + Interior - Seen by witness - Getting rid of forensic evidence

All times other than cell phone pings are approximate.

I have poured over Google Earth Satellite View and cannot find any other spot on probable routes after Peters Road and Snake Lane that jump out to me as a good disposal site and areas JS was confirmed to be in other than Umble Run and the Harvest Road location. A quick look at street view show the entire area on Snake Lane to be plastered with No Trespassing signs. That does not prevent me from standing on a public road and looking with high power binoculars. I wonder if this area was searched? Any locals know or can you ask the Amish community to see if they know? If not, it really should be searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003