GUILTY PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, murdered, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Remember awhile back when we were evaluating possible timeline vs possible map locations? I wonder if she was found near those locations......is Dutchland in a wooded/ mountainous area?

Here is a link to Dutchland's website. If this is the facility in question, then yes, it is surrounded by woods.

OUR FACILITY - Dutchland Inc.

I thought that was well-searched back then
but it doesn't surprise me

ETA: ok, reporter says most of the searches were concentrated near there (I guess in the general area) but not specifically where they have found her

I'm just so sad for her loved ones right now

I just quoted your post about possible searches there prior and then your ETA popped up so answered my question LOL

Thank you

So, I know LE did search in that area.
Especially after watching JS there for OVER 3 hours ???
Some of her personal items were found there.

"Video surveillance from nearby showed the red Kia traveling in that area around the same time. A records check linked the Kia to Smoker, who worked at Dutchland Inc. in Gap. Police say they went there and saw the car, which appeared to match the car in the video.
Police watched the car until it left about three hours later around 5:25 p.m. They followed it to a parking lot on the 3200 block of Lincoln Highway in Paradise Township, where Smoker was confirmed to live."
Though Amish teen’s body is still missing, investigators find enough to pursue homicide charges - pennlive.com

Without ever being there, I feel I have viewed his workplace so many times, I can see it in my sleep.

I am glad they finally found her and hope her family can have some peace now.

Not familiar with water treatment plant layouts, etc but would guess there would be many tubes, pipes, containers to search.

Does water exposure preserve or excel decomposition?

My opinion only,

From reading the company's website, it looks like they make concrete products which they sell for use in making water treatment plants.

This is the location of Dutchland Inc:
Dutchland, Inc.
+1 717-442-8282
Google Maps
Poor girl. She was 3.9 miles from my house this whole time. Every time I drive past his house on my way to work and back every day I think of Linda. Her name is still on the sign at the ice cream shop. It's just so sad and unnecessary. So glad she was found and can go home to her family.

The Lancaster County District Attorney's office will hold a news conference Thursday to discuss the discovery of remains found during the search for Linda Stoltzfoos.

The news conference is scheduled for 11 a.m., which LNP|LancasterOnline will livestream on its Facebook page. The livestream will also be embedded into this post.

The remains were discovered by a team consisting of the FBI, East Lampeter Township police and Pennsylvania State Police, the district attorney's office said in a news release.
Lancaster County DA to hold news conference following discovery of remains during search for Linda Stoltzfoos

I am sad for the family that she was not found alive but very thankful they can have closure. Waiting for exact location remains were found and how LE knew to search that area. The exact spot would be added to my list of distances from PLS to where found. Distance averages help narrow the search area on future cases. Wonder if JS made a plea deal or if another individual was looking to avoid accessory after the fact and abuse of corpse charges.

I really thought this day would never come seeing the vast amount of territory he had to dispose of her. I wonder if he was going to move her later but got arrested before he could. I often think of Linda and her innocent face. I'm sure she would be in heaven now having lived a life of goodness. R.I.P. Linda. MOO

Still find it odd that Paradise where JS lived, Gap where he was seen with poor Linda and Dutchland Inc where he worked are all along the same rail road line.

Shout out to @Richrd for calling me last night with the news. This guy does a ton of work in the background on PA cases here at WS that most folks are not aware of.

Last edited:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

JS did not triumph because good people with the FBI, PSP, Lampeter PD, SAR, her community and here did do something. How many lives were saved because Lampeter PD and their support team were on top of this very quickly and connected the dots? A small town PD with great investigative instincts.

Hopefully some closure for her family. I'd always wondered if she was in Gap considering the meandering drive he took her on and its where Smoker grew up, went to school and worked at the time of his arrest.

That said, after he had headed south east from the church to Gap he then turned north and three witnesses saw Linda still in the car with him. Did he drive up to the Welsh Mountain simply to throw LE off the scent or did he end her life there?

Was she placed in the Gap location on the day of the abduction before spending an hour at the Harvest Drive, Ronks address where clothing was found?

I can't help being surprised that LE didn't find her before now.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back