GUILTY PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, murdered, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More than 10 months after 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos went missing while walking home from a church service in Upper Leacock Township, her family has laid her recently recovered remains to rest.

Sixty-nine horse-drawn buggies and a handful of vans and SUVs brought more than 100 people together Monday afternoon at the Myers Cemetery burial grounds on East Eby Road, not far from where the police say Stoltzfoos was kidnapped.

The weather was fair and birds sang as the buggies trotted along the road and into the cemetery, where loved ones paid their final respects.

60870271e395b.image.jpg

Linda Stoltzfoos laid to rest 10 months after her disappearance | Local News | lancasteronline.com

More than 10 months after 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos went missing while walking home from a church service in Upper Leacock Township, her family has laid her recently recovered remains to rest.

Sixty-nine horse-drawn buggies and a handful of vans and SUVs brought more than 100 people together Monday afternoon at the Myers Cemetery burial grounds on East Eby Road, not far from where the police say Stoltzfoos was kidnapped.

The weather was fair and birds sang as the buggies trotted along the road and into the cemetery, where loved ones paid their final respects.

60870271e395b.image.jpg

Linda Stoltzfoos laid to rest 10 months after her disappearance | Local News | lancasteronline.com

oh the sight of them made me cry
Linda is flying high with the angels

I will go back to check , but right now I can’t remember who is the other?

what a beautiful community. I have just looked on google maps/streetview at the cemetery....understated and simple

theres a quilt store just up from it with handmade items from the Amish community and they are simply stunning. I'm in the u.k and we have nothing like this

R.I.P Linda. what a complete shame

Looking at the Lancaster County property assessor documents, the group of properties along the east side of the railroad tracks are owned by the same entity. The large property to the west of the tracks is owned by a separate individual. So, in the area of Dutchland, Inc., the railroad parcel is only the narrow strip along the tracks.
I can't imagine that digging was easy in that narrow strip of the railroad right of way, but I don't think heavy equipment was needed. With a bar and a shovel, and moderate soil conditions, I would say it would take a half day for a wimpy person in moderate physical shape--like me. Or maybe a few breaks and lunch hours for a younger stronger person.
It looks on google maps like the graveled Dutchland back parking lot and laydown yard are completely enclosed by high fence, possibly chain link. There would need to be a breach in the perimeter fence. The gravel lot is quite close to the fence along the tracks. There are sheds, trucks, and other items staged along that area as well which would screen a car parked there or other activities.
I don't understand why take the risk of making the move.
I don't understand why pick a spot with any connection to him.
I don't understand anything about this horrible, horrible series of acts.
Parcel Details for 5505323800000
ArcGIS Web Application
Google Maps

I grew up on an old farm. There still are old family cemeteries that people are buried in. Several men in the community would get together and do a solid 6 feet. They mostly used shovels. With 2 people, I’ve seen many times that it was finished in ~ 2hrs. That includes making sure the sides were shored up to not cave in before the burial. Most often a tarp was also laid down, and big rocks put on its edges to ensure it didn’t blow away. I thought Justo would’ve buried her at least the 6ft, trying to get the body down as far as possible. If there’s gravel & rock, it is harder. The men back home usually took a pickaxe and a sledgehammer along with shovels, to ensure any rock wouldn’t impede the process. I am SO SO thankful that she’s been found.
JMO IMOO

what a beautiful community. I have just looked on google maps/streetview at the cemetery....understated and simple

theres a quilt store just up from it with handmade items from the Amish community and they are simply stunning. I'm in the u.k and we have nothing like this

R.I.P Linda. what a complete shame

Meyers cemetery is out on the back roads in Lancaster County. I go there every time I am in town. It is very peaceful there and yes simple. I will be there in a couple of weeks and will stop and say some prayers for Linda and her family.

Millers is pretty much on a sharp corner of the street and Riehls quilt/gift shop is just before it depending on which direction you are coming from. I enjoy browsing thru there too.

https://www.riehlsquiltsandcrafts.com/

Meyers cemetery is out on the back roads in Lancaster County. I go there every time I am in town. It is very peaceful there and yes simple. I will be there in a couple of weeks and will stop and say some prayers for Linda and her family.

Millers is pretty much on a sharp corner of the street and Riehls quilt/gift shop is just before it depending on which direction you are coming from. I enjoy browsing thru there too.

https://www.riehlsquiltsandcrafts.com/

RBBM

Thank you for doing this.

DH and I must travel through this region some day. I'd love to see it.

ETA: I just perused the Riehls website. Gorgeous quilts and home decor.

JMVHO.

RBBM

Thank you for doing this.

DH and I must travel through this region some day. I'd love to see it.

ETA: I just perused the Riehls website. Gorgeous quilts and home decor.

JMVHO.

If you ever get the opportunity to go you should. Beautiful peaceful farm country out on the back roads away from the tourist traps!!! There are many quaint amish quilt and gift shops and stands at the end of may driveways that sell stuff they make or bake. I can take some pictures while I am there but I never can figure out how to post them here. Last time I went I got pictures of Welsh mountain area and signs around bird in Hand and Intercourse praying for Linda and actually Justo too!!! That was last September 2020 but I do Websleuths on my laptop and pictures of course are on my phone. Could not figure it out unless someone can explain it to me.

Twolabs said:
snipped for focus...
That was last September 2020 but I do Websleuths on my laptop and pictures of course are on my phone. Could not figure it out unless someone can explain it to me.

You should have a small cable to attach to your phone into your computer. Once you find that or buy one - per my phone it will come up "Allow" or "deny" - hit "allow" and a screen will pop up to open the device. Than right click on "phone" and it should have one that says "transfer photos" or something like that. Once the pictures are download - you can post them here.

Rest in Peace Linda.

Any word on when Linda was "transferred" to the Dutchland/railroad area? Some here speculated that the fire at Justo's apartment building 12 days after Linda's disappearance might have been a ruse to keep the authorities busy while he was off covering up evidence. I would be fascinated to know if the WebSleuthers got that right.

Blog Archives

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitto120
Back