Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help but believe Lindsey left of her own accord and for whatever reason, does not want to be found. According to her SIL, she did google searches for the Carolinas and how to change your identity. It's possible she is not anywhere near the park. I did notice in her photos that she had/has braces. Does she still have them? If so, they'll have to come off at some point by an orthodontist. Maybe notify orthodontists in the Carolinas? Daunting task, but could be done. What on earth could have happened or could she have done that she would want to go far away and have to change her identity? Just some thoughts running through my mind that I haven't seen addressed. The family had said she was emotionally unstable when they saw her last - why have we not seen the parents make the usual public plea for the return of their daughter as any parent of a missing child would do? I can't help but feel there is something else going on here that hasn't been mentioned.

I live in the area and have to agree with you and with locals who theorize that she is most likely not inside the park. Upthread someone posted this link: http://www.epgn.com/opinion/street-...-your-favorite-outdoor-activity-in-the-spring. It's a Gay News periodical. This makes me wonder if Lindsey's searching Google on how to change identity might relate more to gender identity than simply her name and social security number. Also, apparently Lindsey was looking forward to visiting her aunt, who lived in North Carolina. Perhaps she had someone drive her down to N. Carolina. The odd thing, though, is why would she leave her car in the park? Why not leave it at her house? The only reason I can come up with is that her parents did not approve of her plans - or her friend - or something about her lifestyle, hence the secrecy. It's a puzzle, for sure.

I live in the area and have to agree with you and with locals who theorize that she is most likely not inside the park. Upthread someone posted this link: http://www.epgn.com/opinion/street-...-your-favorite-outdoor-activity-in-the-spring. It's a Gay News periodical. This makes me wonder if Lindsey's searching Google on how to change identity might relate more to gender identity than simply her name and social security number. Also, apparently Lindsey was looking forward to visiting her aunt, who lived in North Carolina. Perhaps she had someone drive her down to N. Carolina. The odd thing, though, is why would she leave her car in the park? Why not leave it at her house? The only reason I can come up with is that her parents did not approve of her plans - or her friend - or something about her lifestyle, hence the secrecy. It's a puzzle, for sure.

I was surprised when I found LP's comments in the Gay News periodical but I did not extrapolate it to mean anything other than the periodical had published high schooler's perspectives on their lives and not that they were necessarily LGBT. What might make me believe otherwise is we take in to account her comments on the Spirituality page. Conflicts with Spirituality and [possibly being] LGBT could have contributed to her desire to 'disappear' and reappear in a new life.

Anyway, I'm rambling way beyond what is necessary to sleuthing this case. Should LE decide to pursue this case as "missing / endangered" or other status that requires LE involvement then lots of interviews and BOLOs are quite necessary. If not, LP's family may be left with broken hearts and lots of unanswered questions.

Talked to a dcnr worker who was unlocking the gates this morning.. They do not believe she is in the park. Said they usually find suicide victims within hours

Are there 'hiding places' within the park such that only adventurous kids or teens might know about? I'm talking under / inside.

Which other locations that LP frequents are within 'walking distance' of her parked vehicle?

Which paths might LP want to use?

Surveillance cams along those paths? Convenience stores?

Past residences / schools / churches?

If the S rumor is true, why would LP lock the vehicle and take the keys?

Maybe LP tossed the keys somewhere in the park / creek?

Were vehicle keys included in the search criteria to verify a location / direction?

Were local motels / hotels checked?

Is LP's vehicle equipped with integral GPS / navigation?

Is Tyler Park the only location en route that day?

Lindsey, you are an adult. You can leave town and start over. But, please let someone know you are okay. Seriously - people are worried sick and are searching. Phone someone.

jmo

bbm - just a thought, could she have owned or had access to another vehicle? If she wanted to disappear to start over elsewhere it would make much more sense to do it in a vehicle her family doesn't know about. She could have parked it at the park earlier that day, then changed cars in the evening. Would also serve as a red herring bc everyone would at first think she is in the park as she frequented it. If she drove off in another vehicle she could be anywhere by now. Some scissors, hair dye, glasses, etc and nobody would recognize her.

I hate, hate to type this, but I hope that searchers are looking up. I keep thinking of Linnea Lomax, who was found weeks after she went missing, by her mother, hanging in the heavy brush. 😔

The minute I read they were bringing in dogs to sniff her scent out.. I thought this same thing... She has 2 dogs ..if any dogs on the planet are going to find her..it's Her Dogs!...

Take her two dogs to the park and let 'em go, they'll find her.

No brainer.

The minute I read they were bringing in dogs to sniff her scent out.. I thought this same thing... She has 2 dogs ..if any dogs on the planet are going to find her..it's Her Dogs!...

Except they are probably not trained tracking dogs. If my dog were given that task, sure he'd run to me if I was nearby, but he wouldn't know he was supposed to track me and would be more interested in investigating everything else in the woods.

This post from LP's mom on BCNF :

Lindsey Piccone update:
"Lindsey no matter what kind of trouble you maybe in. Your whole family loves you deeply. We will all help you. Please you do not have to be ashamed and you are not a disappointment. We all want you home safe. Please baby call anybody. Please my heart is breaking and I am sick worry about you. Please please please call text someone. Love love love Mom and Dad"
Share everywhere! Thank you all!
(From Pennsylvania)

Sounds as if they at least believe she's still alive and just running from something. I hope she finds it in her heart to somehow let her family know she's alright. Problems seem so much bigger when you're young; hopefully this is the case and no harm has come to her.

Lindsey Piccone update:
"Lindsey no matter what kind of trouble you maybe in. Your whole family loves you deeply. We will all help you. Please you do not have to be ashamed and you are not a disappointment. We all want you home safe. Please baby call anybody. Please my heart is breaking and I am sick worry about you. Please please please call text someone. Love love love Mom and Dad"
Share everywhere! Thank you all!
(From Pennsylvania)

Sounds as if they at least believe she's still alive and just running from something. I hope she finds it in her heart to somehow let her family know she's alright. Problems seem so much bigger when you're young; hopefully this is the case and no harm has come to her.

I was highly emotional at that age. I hope she reaches out to family soon!!!

Your whole family loves you deeply. We will all help you. Please you do not have to be ashamed and you are not a disappointment.

That's very specific. Did something happen in terms of work or school? Or maybe she had some personal circumstances that she was afraid her family wouldn't understand. Either way, it is encouraging that the family is reaching out directly to her this way.

That's very specific. Did something happen in terms of work or school? Or maybe she had some personal circumstances that she was afraid her family wouldn't understand. Either way, it is encouraging that the family is reaching out directly to her this way.
Could they be telling her not to be ashamed for taking off? I'd certainly be afraid to come home after being missing in the media and everything. It could be something before she disappeared, but I think it's possible they're encouraging her not to feel bad for leaving.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe referring to her coming out? Lots of rumors flying around but at the end of the day everyone just wants her to be safe.

yes your right.. I guess I was thinking everyones dog was like mine.. she is a Shep/Lab and she would find me always no matter how far I hid..she never wanted to be left with anyone but me. she would ignore everyone and everything and find me.. it was really strange..but again I guess all dogs are not the same.. I was not thinking.
Except they are probably not trained tracking dogs. If my dog were given that task, sure he'd run to me if I was nearby, but he wouldn't know he was supposed to track me and would be more interested in investigating everything else in the woods.

bbm

http://newtownpanow.com/2016/09/07/authorities-release-name-photo-of-woman-missing-at-tyler-state-park/

Lindsey Piccone, whose age wasn’t being released by her family or law enforcement, was last seen Tuesday evening and her unattended car was found at the park around 8 p.m. Searchers from various agencies on Tuesday night took to the park by land and air and searched for the young woman until 2 a.m.

1) Family and LE would not release LP's age.
2) LP was last "seen" evening Tuesday 9/6/2016.
3) Searchers locate LP's unattended car in the park 8 p.m. [Tuesday 9/6/2016].

Why was LP's age not initially released? What was the intention, if any?

Assuming LE was made aware of LP's age, why did LE respond so quickly to a "missing" report of an adult [age 21]?

Had family or friends already located LP's unattended car in the park before family reported LP as missing or was it because no one had seen nor heard from LP for x amount of time?

http://newtownpanow.com/2016/09/08/tyler-state-park-closed-as-searchers-return/
...police source reports is 21 years old – was last seen Tuesday afternoon. Hours later, her car was found around dusk...
Law enforcement and Piccone’s family have released few details surrounding the disappearance aside from the fact her car was found at the park and she did not have her cellphone with her at the time.

4) LP was last "seen" Tuesday 9/7/2016 afternoon. This was a clarification.
5) LP did not have her cellphone with her at the time [of her disappearance?].
6) Few details "surrounding the disappearance" were released.

Accuracy of reports may be sketchy and confusion introduced in any situation as it evolves, as evidenced in the next article:

http://www.**************/3493456/l...-in-pennsylvania-state-park-enters-third-day/
[FONT=&quot]Piccone was reported missing by family members on Tuesday after she sent [sic] missing in Tyler State Park, though family said it had been since Sunday that they heard from her, [/FONT]NBC Philadelphia[FONT=&quot] reported. Authorities located Piccone’s car inside the park, but searches on Tuesday night and into Wednesday found no sign of her. .... [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Authorities located Piccone’s car inside the park, but searches on Tuesday night and into Wednesday found no sign of her. It is not known exactly how or when she disappeared.[/FONT]

7) Family said they last "heard" from LP on Sunday 9/4/2016. This differs from initial reports of last "seen" Tuesday 9/6/2016.
8) Family reported LP as missing "after she [w]ent missing in Tyler State Park".
9) Authorities located LP's car inside the park [on Tuesday].

Family only "heard" from LP or did they see LP? When? [confusion due to previous reporting] "Heard" suggests LP was not home and contacted family via phone, texting or other means. "Seen" suggests LP was within physical presence of family or friends or other at some location. Note that it is reported LP does not have her cellphone. These are a significant details.

According to this article, family reported LP as missing "after she went missing in the park." Is this simply bad reporting or accurate details that require further investigation? How and when did family know or did they assume LP was in the park? Or was it questioning by LE that resulted in the park being the first search location? This is a significant detail.

If LP had driven to the park Sunday 9/4/2016 why did DNCR rangers and other LE not discover LP's car after hours when state parks close between dusk and dawn hours? This is a significant detail.

Has anyone other than family and LE report they saw LP's car in the park between Sunday and Tuesday afternoon?

I have a few other points and questions but I'll leave them for later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back